NBA Thread

Flu is affecting Chandler's brain. :BRICK: TO party right there.

Game already over at halftime.

EDIT: As for Rose, unconfirmed reports are surfacing that Derrick Rose has a torn ACL and MCL and will not return this season. SMH Miami will win it all! :BRICK:

Last edited:
Yup Rose is out for rest of season!

Miami or OKC it is then with Spurs as an outsider.

I hope Celtics win it of course, then I make a ton of $$$!! :D but unlikely.

Shumpert has a torn ACL too, awful start to the playoffs.

Fuck David Stern and this condensed 66 game season, with all the wear and tear on the body there were twice as many injuries as last season.

Rose's injury is really bad because who knows if he'll ever be back to 100% again, he relies on his speed and explosiveness so much... :(

The Miami Floppers have an open highway to the Finals, somehow I hope they find a way to fail yet again.

Jesus Christ, Las Vegas is currently taking bets on Kobe blowing his ACL in Game 1! :SHOCK:

I feel sad for Rose and Shumpert. Those injuries have killed any Bulls and Knicks hopes respectively (well, not that we had any hope before :().

Yeah sad stuff. :( Let's hope there are no injuries today.

Kevin Durant is special! He wins it for OKC right at the end when Mavericks put up a great fight and were leading at half time, 3rd quarter and with a min remaining in 4th.

The boy's getting better and better and already only person since Jordan to win scoring title 3 years in a row, isn't he?

4 more games today! Can't wait!

A Nike employee was mocking D Rose on Twitter :BYE:

What a f'n MELTDOWN by Grizzlies!! Unbelievable!

Leading COMFORTABLY right from the first quarter all the way till 4th and at that point by 27 points only to lose by 1 at home in the end! Disgraceful!

ESPN UK have forgotten that the playoffs have started.

:BRICK:

What a f'n MELTDOWN by Grizzlies!! Unbelievable!

Leading COMFORTABLY right from the first quarter all the way till 4th and at that point by 27 points only to lose by 1 at home in the end! Disgraceful!

"F*cking disgrace!" I still can't believe how the hell did they win this one! :LOL:

Then you add "Roy to England" and "Arsenal signs Podolski" news and you wonder:
is_this_real_life101.gif

What an awkward day! :LMAO:

:LOL:

Yah f'n Memphis got outscored 28-3 at home in the play offs! lol

It's the type of thing you can't recover from! BAD f'n game for them. Good for Clippers for never giving up! Even down by 27 points and little time left! Fuck Grizzlies!

Yeah we lost 2 units on that. 2% of our bankroll.

So the amount isn't really material or costly, it's more the MANNER of it.

You don't have a 27 points lead in 4th quarter and get out-scored 28-3 lol at HOME in the Play offs!

So they cost me like $20 myself, I don't care for that but they cost our clients money and this was a prime example of what you call a 'Great Losing pick'. Because they were by far the superior team as expected RIGHT from the START! They were leading by 16 half way through 1st quarter! They kept that lead and even extended it ALL the way till the end and then the unthinkable happened!! Worst NBA loss I've seen all year!

Now I hope Grizzlies get eliminated and Clippers have a real good chance.

Anyway big games tonight! Am excited! :D

Didn't you see the clip? Not bad at all and very minor but it was intentional though he says it wasn't as he lost his cool.

He's suspended for tomorrow's game and that's a BIG loss! Especially considering he got ejected with 40 seconds remaining in the last game.

No Ray Allen possibly and definitely no Rondo, Hawks have a good chance.

Anyway Pacers made me some good money today. First we predicted a Total score of under 188 in that game and it was easily under that like 17 points under and we took Pacers at -9.5 and they won by 15 so no real sweating there. :)

C's are screwed, hopefully Ray Ray will be back for Game 3. The Pacers should be able to overcome Orlando in Florida, they are damn weak without Dwight.

Amar'e Stoudemire cut his hand after punching the glass enclosing a fire extinguisher following the Knicks' Game 2 loss to the Heat.

Stoudemire needed stitches on the hand to close the cut and there was a great deal of blood on the scene.

"I want to apologize to the fans and my team. Not proud of my actions, headed home for a new start."

Are you kidding me? Punch a fire extinguisher is the cleverest thing ever Amar'e! Congrats STATue!

This team is so dumb I can't believe, I mean, dumb decisions on AND off the court! Jesus Christ, I've lost my patience with this guys. When will the Knicks win a playoff game? 12th loss in a row. :BRICK:

PS: Hey Amar'e, please, next time punch something soft!

Last edited:
He should've punched LeBron instead, that flopper is soft as a bunny. :)

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/scottie-pippens-open-letter-2011-12-chicago-bulls.html

Open letter to the Chicago Bulls from Scottie Pippen

With what happened to Derrick in Game 1, it would be easy to hang your heads right now. You could lose sight of the ultimate goal and give up before the rest of the games have even been played. But I know that’s not even a consideration for this group. And that’s exactly why you’ll make me, Derrick, the organization, and the city of Chicago so proud.

To a man, it’s time for each of you to take a look in the mirror. Decide who you really are and what you represent as a basketball player. Reflect on what you have brought to the table for your team all season long and why you’re a valuable member of the Bulls. Because all of you have contributed to this team’s incredible success. Ask yourself what you can do for the team moving forward. Whether it’s through your verbal leadership or diving on the floor after a loose ball, it’s going to be all about grinding it out moving forward. If there is one piece of advice I can offer you, it’s to put every last ounce of effort you have out there to make everyone proud—Derrick, the fans, and first and foremost, yourself....

Just go out there and play hard. Play your best. Leave everything you’ve got on the floor. Yes, you lost one of your brothers—a warrior in every sense of the word—but I know and you know you’ve still got a lot of fight left. You’re still the best team in the NBA until an opponent proves otherwise. So go out there and play like it. You’ve earned that much with Derrick along the way, but you also won a lot of games without him. It’s time to meet the challenge.

Last edited:
Well said. I feel the same way as Pippen.

Bulls are still a great team. They'll do well tonight I think but overall, without D-Rose, I can't see them win the whole thing now anymore where as for me they were a definite contender along with OKC and Heat with MVP.

Now it's probably between OKC and Heat with Spurs and Bulls as outsiders

Indeed. Pippen sums it up. Keep fighting no matter what.

untitled-1l7y7l.gif

"I think Amare misunderstood Mike Woodson when he told him to attack the glass." @ESPN

Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Deron shouldn't join the Mavs. That squad is getting old fast. Oh, and that LBJ block on Carmelo was legit.

Its a good thing I watched game two between the Clippers and Grizzlies instead of the game last night... sweep.

Heat are going to sweep every single team in their road to the finals. They are ridiculous good! And the Knicks are ridiculous bad! :COAT:

I quit. Seriously, I'm done with this team. Those guys are utter dumb. Please Mr. Dolan try to sign Phil Jackson and get rid of Amar'e. In the meantime, let's go Rangers! The true NY winter team. :BSCARF:

A lot of Knick fans are calling for Phil Jackson. Hard to blame Woodson w/ all the injuries his team has had lately.

Heat are going to sweep every single team in their road to the finals. They are ridiculous good!

No, they're not. The '96 Bulls were ridiculously good. The Heat lack talent outside of the big 3, and don't have size inside. However, with Boston aging, Dwight out, Rose out, they have a red carpet to the Finals, but they won't sweep everyone, I'll bet on Indiana, Boston stealing at least a game or two from them.

And I hope and believe they will lose in the Finals against the Thunder, Spurs or the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom