NBA Thread

Look guys Lin played great against Derek fisher, derek fisher can't play d anymore. Like I have been saying he has been sucking against superior talent and athleticism. Tonight vs SA, horrible game. Shelvin Mack looked good against fisher tonight. Come back to this thread next year and let's rate Lin. Did you guys realize that earlier in the year the bulls 4th string pg on a 10 day contract scored 30 something points on the wiz.... John Lucas... Where is the lucsanity..

ThisThisThisThis.

Look guys Lin played great against Derek fisher, derek fisher can't play d anymore. Like I have been saying he has been sucking against superior talent and athleticism. Tonight vs SA, horrible game. Shelvin Mack looked good against fisher tonight. Come back to this thread next year and let's rate Lin. Did you guys realize that earlier in the year the bulls 4th string pg on a 10 day contract scored 30 something points on the wiz.... John Lucas... Where is the lucsanity..

20 pts, 4 ast, 4 rebounds, 1 TO in 29 minutes is really an horrible game.

Earlier pundits praised Lin for his hesitation steps and keeping the dribble alive. But he has been too impatient lately. He picks up his dribble and/or jumping into the air way too early, without a clear passing target. You know why?

1) Opponents defense is adjusting to him. He'll figure it out, I'm sure. Both Lin and the coaching staff will work hard on this point.
2) Lack of confidence. As soon as he get it back he will step up again. (Surely, this one is consequence of the first)

Stop hating the Knicks and Lin. He's just a rookie in a sophomore body.

Last edited:
Yep nice video. Good vision, great acceleration and quick release is what makes this play one to watch.

Anyway, BIG NBA card tonight. Excited for some of the matchups.

I've got a parlay (combined) bet on 76ers, Spurs and Sacramento Kings all getting the job done at home and walking out victors.

Bobcats are among the worst teams but tonight against Jazz at home, I think they can cover the +7 spread and I'm putting a little wager on Memphis Grizzlies walking out winners out of Golden State.

Total-scoring wise, I think Spurs/Knicks will be under 200 and Kings vs. Hornets will be OVER 192.

Any one else have any predictions for tonight?

What a f'n night!!! :BOP:

$$$$! :D

Got all but ONE prediction right and made a lot of cash last night. F'n Sacramento made me SWEAT though! Having already gotten the other two games easily in the bag as Philly demolish Celtics and Tony Parker and Spurs make easy work of NY, F'n Kings struggled and were losing by a point with 6 seconds left at home to Hornets! ultimately 99-98 winners though and I cash in on the parlay! :D

Apart from the bets mentioned above, I also couldn't help but put a tenner on my Raptors. We've been great at home recently and hosted Rockets who've now lost like the last 6! Better team throughout and well deserved victory and a little more $ there. :)

Only 2 games tonight.

Mavs against a tired and disappointed Phoenix who lost a HUGE lead in 4th Quarter to be ultimately beaten convincingly by OKC and Orlando against Bulls where the reigning MVP Mr. Rose won them the game against a Bucks team who put on a very good performance and maybe deserved to win that. Buzzer-beater!

What a f'n eventful night last night was! Great stuff all around. Lakers let a HUGE lead go by as well and were beaten by f'n Wizards! Kyriee Irving wins it for Cleveland right at the end with a nice lay up and one of my bets was Memphis taking care of Golden State away from home but I didn't think it'd be that easy. They took care of them convincingly in the last match of the evening!

Got lucky with Bobcats though. I thought they would lose but cover 7 point spread and they ultimately did as they lost by 6 but for much of the game, they were behind double digits and if it wasn't for a late surge, I would've lost that bet.

20 pts, 4 ast, 4 rebounds, 1 TO in 29 minutes is really an horrible game.

Earlier pundits praised Lin for his hesitation steps and keeping the dribble alive. But he has been too impatient lately. He picks up his dribble and/or jumping into the air way too early, without a clear passing target. You know why?

1) Opponents defense is adjusting to him. He'll figure it out, I'm sure. Both Lin and the coaching staff will work hard on this point.
2) Lack of confidence. As soon as he get it back he will step up again. (Surely, this one is consequence of the first)

Stop hating the Knicks and Lin. He's just a rookie in a sophomore body.

those points were in garbage time when the game was over bro, tony parker lit him up for 32 points!!!!! the knicks are 2-5 in there last 7... they are not a good team. Im not hating on the knicks, in fact i loved the ewing led teams.. this team has no heart and there talent is overpaid. Im just trying to give you some perspective, NBA is not just about offense, its about defense, bar none that is what it is about. All of these pundits, critics and the like who say there is no defense in the NBA dont know SHIT about bball. Lin gets torn up by the top tier PG's... This all isnt fair of course, as you are correct he is just a rookie. But lets calm down on the knicks have the best bench in the nba and they are a top team. They are going to bareley get in the playoffs if at all at this point...

this team has no heart and there talent is overpaid.

Couldn't have said it better. Now you hit the nail on the head bro. This team has no heart, no soul, no passion, no commitment, no hustle. They play for each own, Knicks aren't a team in the full sense of the word. But again, and despite the fact some of those guys are a overpaid players, this roster, at least on paper, is a top team in NBA. There's no way a franchise with Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler can't compete. Then it's up to the players and D'Antoni making things work. The talent is there, now they have to work it out and manage to build a team.

Also agree about the defense item. Defense wins championships. Nonetheless, Knicks are currently 6th on defensive standings. Tyson has been the anchor we were looking for. However, when STAT and Melo are on floor, our defense turns sloppy and lazy...

Talking about Ewing, one can just hope it turns out in some kind of remake of 1999. Shortened season, Knicks underperform, and barely limp into the playoffs. The rest is history.

Last edited:
League Pass has finally received a proper upgrade (interface included), going to watch the Mavs game tonight.

Ricky Rubio injured in the last play against the Lakers. Very very bad news, this has all the looks of a torn ACL ligament. i hope not, because if it is that, then its season over for him and probably for the wolves. i had the exact same injury, so from the first moment I feared the worse.

Confirmed now, he's out for the season.

They just confirmed it. :( Sad, very very sad news. A player is never the same after a ACL injury. Healthy recovery Rubio, looking forward to you next year.

A player is never the same after a ACL injury. Healthy recovery Rubio, looking forward to you next year.

Tell that to me, I had to quit playing competitive football because of this injury. Though I think it's maybe a bit more forgiving in basketball than football if you dont play in the post...

Yah really sad for Ricky :(

T-Wolves supposed 'revival' lol is also over now as he's out for season. Gonna be hard for Kevin Love to do it all on his own but man this guy's improved, one of the best for sure now. But without starting PG, T-wolves are back to being a shitty team probably.

IFWT-Blake-Kia.jpg

marshMelo and STATue are ridiculous.

Last edited:
Don't worry mate, ain't even mad. Better we lose it tonight and slide back to 9th so tomorrow (hopefully) Dumbantoni is gone. I'll root for you in the PO's. ;)

Lin played well, and was one of the best in the Knicks. I repeat, I think the Knicks could trade Melo and Stoudamire for Howard and have a much better team! Lin is perfectly able to drive this team, and people like Fields and Novak play better when Melo and Amare aren't on the pitch.

Yeah I like Fields a lot too. My fav Knick is Tyson Chandler though. Great signing and bad loss for Mavericks who are struggling as well.

Lin did do well and I LOVED that block on the reigning MVP. But man Rose is so sick! I still can't decide who I'd pick between him and CP3. Love them both and they're both ridiculously good!

Lin played great ball last night. That game could have gone either way, too bad D-Rose stepped up in the 2nd half. Anyway, I like team effort, I wonder why can't they play like this every single day.

As for a trade, well, someone suggested we could offered Amar'e for Josh Smith and Melo-Chandler for Howard-Turk. Don't know if the Magic and Atlanta are willing to make it happen but I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. Chandler, alongside Jeremy, is my fav Knick.

I'd pick CP3 over Rose any day of the week only because I prefer his style. I like his pace, his tempo, he plays like a truly PG while D-Rose has a more flashy style, just like Bad Russ. Both are magnificent players though.

Last edited:
They definitely have different styles and bring different things to the team.

CP3 is much more like a typical point guard and as good as it gets. D-Rose is EVEN faster/more agile than and just explosive really! He's the type of guy who can singlehandedly turn a match on its head if he feels like it lol. That's the impression you get from him and in fact that's what he did last night because like you said, Knicks played quite well and it was a very tight battle, and then Rose is like, alright I'm gonna kill them and Boom! lol

I personally like CP3 better (bigger fan of him as a person as well) BUT D. Rose is only 23 but I think Chris Paul's like 25 or 26 so age wise too, D-rose gets the nod and he's the reigning MVP of course.

Bottom line, I like CP3 better but no, I would not say I'd pick him over Rose anyday. It'll be a tough hard decision and more like a coin flip. Depends on his team-mates I guess. CP3 suited some players more than others. For Bulls for example, Rose is perfect and Paul wouldn't be as good.

Yeah, CP3 for me too. I'd have Deron Williams over Derrick Rose anyway!

CP3 is just on another level, for me.

I think I prefer Rose, but only cause I like his style a bit more, Paul is amazing and so is Deron Williams, some people don't give him enough credit since he joined New Jersey.
Was watching a game the other day and he was doing the same move in the clutch, a little crossover stepback pull-up and he was scoring all of them no matter the hand in the face, another amazing point guard he is.

Back
Top Bottom