NBA Thread

That's because Kobe would have taken the last shot & 40 other attempts on the night.

But once LeBron sorts out his fucking head then he has everything sorted in his game to be a closer.

josh_medium.gif

My word.

Wade is getting more arrogant everyday. I had some respect for him but since he joined Lebron he's turning a spoiled child. After doing the idiot in the all stats game, today he acted like a child again and got fouled out deservedly. The heat can win the title, but not many will celebrate or admire them, and Kobe showed again to Lebron what it is to be a leader.

Miami continue to be the favorites, because they have tons of talent, but they need some lessons by the way.

That post up there is awesome Kanoute! First another monster Ibaka Block and then that crazy revenge dunk! :D

As for Dwayne Wade, I'm a big fan of this guy personally but I'll be the first to admit, he's THE COCKIEST guy among all. Cockier than LeBron and Kobe. The guy OOZES arrogance and has for a long time. Only thing is, he's smart and sometimes TALKS more humble and a little more diplomatic which can fool some into thinking he's not that arrogant, but he really is.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it though. :P and I think that's a big reason he's the leader of Heat and they need that.
I like him.

Cleveland Cavaliers +2, Sacramento Kings +9 and OKC -6.5 against Dallas tonight.

I like these picks and am playing them.

So, a guy scores 38 against the Lakers, 28 against Mavs, leads a team to a 7-game winning streak, having no training camp, no clue about MDA system, barely played the year before, and, just because he had a night-off, the guy is automatically average. Ok...

This is typical in athletes analysis, from hell to heaven and vice versa.

To be honest basketball involves a lot of numbers, which makes it easier to analyse than football and numbers don't lie, he was on a good roll.

But in both sports I have the same standard, I wait a season and I never expect them to be Jordans or Messis, people have good years, good moments, for me, they don't even need titles to be great.
And in the end of the day both are collective sports so this is pointless.
Lets talk about how great he is when he retires.

This is typical in athletes analysis, from hell to heaven and vice versa.

To be honest basketball involves a lot of numbers, which makes it easier to analyse than football and numbers don't lie, he was on a good roll.

But in both sports I have the same standard, I wait a season and I never expect them to be Jordans or Messis, people have good years, good moments, for me, they don't even need titles to be great.
And in the end of the day both are collective sports so this is pointless.
Lets talk about how great he is when he retires.

Finally someone with reasonable sense. People love jump to conclusions before probe results are out. Funny that those who criticize Lin the most are the ones who never watched him playing...

I never said, and you'll never and ever hear myself saying, that Jeremy Lin is going to be the next Stockton or the next Magic Johnson. All I said was, Lin is a very talented player, he's legit, no fluke, but will take time to see how good he could be coz he still has some weaknesses he should work at. Let's wait and see.

I just don't agree when you say numbers don't lie at basketball. According to my experience, yes they lie. For instance, when you check the score box and see a player scoring 50 points they will probably say "wow amazing performance!". Problem is, that player took 60 shoots to score "only" 50 pts...

Same goes with Lin. People check his TOs stats but they don't realise how did he commit those TOs. If they saw Knicks game they would understand that the guy is pushing himself too much and so hard so he has an huge amount of turnovers.

Bottom line, yesterday a guy on ESPN said the Knicks "have too much depht". Well, crack must be good at that studio...

People do love to jump bandwagons. But it goes both ways. Both, when a new kid is being hyped up like Lin and suddenly EVERYONE and their dog is a Lin fan. And now the poor kid has a couple so-so performances and he's suddenly shit and never gonna be more than average?

It's way too early to judge anything and I'm with sauce, I always like to take my time. AT LEAST a full season but if I have to pass judgement on him right now, I would say he's talented for sure and he can and will be a very good player.

its only logical to experience the rookie wall now and then. for all purposes, hes a rookie still. look at Rubio, his numbers the last week have been awful, but there are a lot of things other than numbers. Im one of those who happen to love players with high Basketball IQ.

So I dont buy numbers most of the time. Well, watching Love numbers I can see if he had a great match, but rating PG is tricky, because most of the times the most important thing is how you involve the team, how you defend, how your presence in the court improves your teammates... Assists, for instance is anumber that may depend a lot on your teammates shooting that night.

in my oppinion Lin, as other rookies, is performing very well, and its only natural to have high and lows. now, we still have to wait one or two seasons to see what level can they reach.

Last edited:
Lovely cover. However, and again, they put too much pressure on the kid calling him "new king of New York". Slow down!

Sina and Alexis posts sum it up. Agree with everything you said.

Guys, did you see Kobe's Zorro mask last night? :LOL:

He was probably hoping that the bigger holes would help his vision but the mask didn't last long.

I just don't agree when you say numbers don't lie at basketball. According to my experience, yes they lie. For instance, when you check the score box and see a player scoring 50 points they will probably say "wow amazing performance!". Problem is, that player took 60 shoots to score "only" 50 pts...

Yea amigo I agree with you there, but don't forget that FG is a huge part of those numbers,
And when I said that numbers don't lie I mean the more complex numbers we have nowadays, have you ever seen that ESPN thing with physics and other cool stuff, its amazing!
The amount of statistics we have can give a very good profile of a player specially in offense. The decisions and the defense of a player are harder to analyse I agree with that.
But science is cool! Check the video out.

YouTube - ESPN Sport Science: Jeremy Lin

Yep nice video. Good vision, great acceleration and quick release is what makes this play one to watch.

Anyway, BIG NBA card tonight. Excited for some of the matchups.

I've got a parlay (combined) bet on 76ers, Spurs and Sacramento Kings all getting the job done at home and walking out victors.

Bobcats are among the worst teams but tonight against Jazz at home, I think they can cover the +7 spread and I'm putting a little wager on Memphis Grizzlies walking out winners out of Golden State.

Total-scoring wise, I think Spurs/Knicks will be under 200 and Kings vs. Hornets will be OVER 192.

Any one else have any predictions for tonight?

That vid is awesome! I saw ESPN Sports Science once, they were analysing Victor Cruz, WF for the New York Giants. Sometimes you don't realize how important science is on sports.

So, EW NBA predicts time: Sac Town vs NOH, hum, Kings win I guess, probably the most predictable game out of that group. Unfortunately, Spurs victory over NY should be a lock as well. :( As for the Sixers, well well, Boston looks great right now Sina, you gotta be careful in this one. Anyway, they play at home and the C's are in a back to back to back series, they must be tired. Yeah, maybe Philly grabs it.

Yah Celtics been playing well recently and are hot but I think tonight they'll have a let down and 76ers should get job done at home but yah still that's the only one I'm kinda worried about.

Many seem to think they will even cover the spread which opened at -5.5 but is now at -6.5. I, myself thought Philly would win but not necessarily by a big margin so made a parlay with Money Line bets instead. But they should get the victory, Boston are tired and some injuries too.

p.s. Yah I LOVE videos like that! Thanks for posting Sauce.

Look guys Lin played great against Derek fisher, derek fisher can't play d anymore. Like I have been saying he has been sucking against superior talent and athleticism. Tonight vs SA, horrible game. Shelvin Mack looked good against fisher tonight. Come back to this thread next year and let's rate Lin. Did you guys realize that earlier in the year the bulls 4th string pg on a 10 day contract scored 30 something points on the wiz.... John Lucas... Where is the lucsanity..

Back
Top Bottom