NBA Thread

Out of all the contenders, do any of them have a good (and deep) bench?

I also thought Budinger was a 3PT shooter, nothing more.

Out of all the contenders, do any of them have a good (and deep) bench?

Honestly, the Knicks have the deepest team in the league.

Lin | Baron | Douglas | Bibby
Fields | JR | Shump Shump
Melo | Billy Walker | (Fields and JR can handle it as well)
Amar'e | Jeffries | Novak
Chandler | Harrellson | Jerome Jordan

All this guys healthy and the Knicks have a legit shot at the title.

So, do we have Justin Bieber for tonight's celebrity game? :LOL:

I think Miami has the best starters simply because of the big three, and a decent bench with Cole, Miller, Battier, Hasleem and James Jones.

No other team can match his. But, as airjoca says, OKC and Chicago have the stuff to beat them. Durant, Westbrook and Rose in a good night can beat the Heat, specially in the choking time, erm... I mean clutch time.

Don't sleep on the Knicks lads. Seriously, I thought it was an encouraging performance by the Knicks last night. It is obvious that Melo can hold his own against Lebron, and with healthy Shumpert, they have someone who can stay in front of Wade, too. Plus Lin and Baron can only play better, not worse, specially the Linsanity. Can you say the same about any of the Heat players? Not one guy played bad. And that Bosh guy may not even shoot like that every game.

Remember, Knicks were only down by 4 in the first half despite 15 turnovers. Not bad for a team which is still meshing and played against the best guys in the business.

I think OKC has the players to give them a serious challenge.

Between the likes of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden and Perkins, there's enough skill, speed, strength, experience as well as youth, energy and ambition. A nice balance.

When LeBron wins a three-peat with the Heat he has to go back to Cleveland. Him & Kyrie on the same floor... :SHOCK:

Kyrie with his 3 pointers, Rubio with his magic assists, Wall with his dunks, Griffin with his alley oops and the only man who could be angry in an all star game, Cousins! I had some fun watching the rising stars challenge.

Obviously Shaq had a terribly unbalanced team on his hands, but... Kyrie! Wow, that guy is amazing, I haven't watched Cleveland this season and knew Kyrie was very good, but 8/8 on 3 pointers? That's just awesome.

Completely agree with you more drekkard. I lold when Monroe intercepted the dunk step up from Wall in the last seconds. :LOL:

Think Cousins was a bit angry because Rubio nutmegged him. :LOL:

And Irving, oh man what a performance. Wall played very well too, the behind the back dunk was awesome! :D

I think most people don't really understand how hard it is to dunk :LOL: People are so unimpressed by these dunks.

Definitely the worse dunk contest I've ever watched. No one should have won that trophy today (maybe Williams deserved it more but the last attempt was lame).

Evans and Budinger were absolutely pathetic, I don't get how people voted Evans. But hey, a lot of people also voted for Bush... twice!

Dude you are smoking crack to think the Knicks are the deepest team
In the league.... That is a ridiculous statement... They BARELEY are in the playoff picture.... Before there winning streak they only had three more wins then the bullets, THE BULLETS!!!!!!

Ok, so JR Smith, Baron Davis, Shumpert, Fields, Lin are all trash. Oh the record, yeah I guess we hadn't any kind of issues regarding injuries, the death of Amare's bro, the lack of a legit PG before the emergence of Lin, etc. Thanks, didn't know that, maybe like you said I've been smoking crack.

I could have explained my point of view but I don't like that kind of approach.

Stay classy dude.

Last edited:
Durant & LeBron are just monsters.

For all the good things LeBron did in the game, his true colors showed up in the last possession, again passing up the opportunity to win the game by passing to D-Will, and then the turnover, the whole time with Kobe in his face daring him to shoot it. I'd rather see someone try and fail than not even try. He's truly pathetic in the clutch.

And that flagrant foul from Wade on Bryant that broke his nose, that just makes me root against the Heat even more. B*tches.

Ok, so JR Smith, Baron Davis, Shumpert, Fields, Lin are all trash. Oh the record, yeah I guess we hadn't any kind of issues regarding injuries, the death of Amare's bro, the lack of a legit PG before the emergence of Lin, etc. Thanks, didn't know that, maybe like you said I've been smoking crack.

I could have explained my point of view but I don't like that kind of approach.

Stay classy dude.

bro, cmon. Baron davis is fat and over the hill. JR smith is one dimisional role player. Shumpert is a rookie. Fields is not a proven player yet.. AS for lin, lets see where this ends at the end of the season, he hasnt exactly done well against the top tier point guards.... which he will have to face in the playoffs... if they make it.. but man im not knocking you just your over the top statment... they really are not that deep.. take lin out and look where you are... just look at where they sat before he exploded... fields and shumpert were not exactly lighting it up... so you cant tell me that they have been injured and then tell me at the same time there deep... if there injured and they win, there deep. If they are injured and they are as shitty as the bullets, then there is no depth whatsover...

Ok, now we are talking the same language. Man, I respect your opinion what I didn’t like at all was the “smoking crack” thing. No hard feelings though. ;)) Besides, you're a Giant fan, I can't hate you! :LOL:

As for the subject itself, we agree to disagree. First and foremost, the record doesn’t show anything, we are build for the POs. Last year, as far as I remember, the Heat were 10-10. Players need time to mesh, teams need time to gel. As you should know, for Mike D’Antoni the PG position is the most important one in his system. Before the emergence of Jeremy Lin we had Toney “f*cking” Douglas running the point. Basically, coach D’Antoni relied his run and gun system to an undersized SG with zero pass ability. Guy is basically a damn shooter, no penetration, no pass, nada, niente. Knicks were underachieving that time.

When Linsanity took over, we went from a 8-15 record to a 16-17 mark, counting an outstading 7-game winning (or linning like we say :D) streak. During the streak, New York faced tough opponents like the Lakers, the Mavs or even Minnesotta on road. At that time, Melo was injured, STAT took a few days to be with his family and grieve the loss of his brother.

Lin isn’t a fluke man. Players don’t come out of nowhere and score 38 against LA and 28 against Dallas. He is legit. I’m not saying he’s going to be an All Star but I’m almost sure he could be a very decent PG in this league. Remember, he had no training camp whatsoever this season so he can only improve. :)

Baron is slim as matter of fact. Our staff has done an extraordinary work with him. He’s certainly rusty but he can get the job done, which is play 10-12 minutes per game giving Lin some rest. JR Smith reminds me of a less talented and less crazy Sprewell. He’s a scorer, plays decent defense and has no fear in getting the ball. We needed a player like him. Fields and Shump are good role players as well. I’m impressed with Iman, he’s a lock down defender.

Knicks are deep bro. Look at our second unit:

Baron
Smith
Walker
Novak
Jeffries

Name out a better second unit. By the top of my head, I would say only Chicago and OKC depth chart come close to this.

Last edited:
For all the good things LeBron did in the game, his true colors showed up in the last possession, again passing up the opportunity to win the game by passing to D-Will, and then the turnover, the whole time with Kobe in his face daring him to shoot it. I'd rather see someone try and fail than not even try. He's truly pathetic in the clutch.

And that flagrant foul from Wade on Bryant that broke his nose, that just makes me root against the Heat even more. B*tches.

:LOL: Hardly a flagrant.

Ok, now we are talking the same language. Man, I respect your opinion what I didn’t like at all was the “smoking crack” thing. No hard feelings though. ;)) Besides, you're a Giant fan, I can't hate you! :LOL:

As for the subject itself, we agree to disagree. First and foremost, the record doesn’t show anything, we are build for the POs. Last year, as far as I remember, the Heat were 10-10. Players need time to mesh, teams need time to gel. As you should know, for Mike D’Antoni the PG position is the most important one in his system. Before the emergence of Jeremy Lin we had Toney “f*cking” Douglas running the point. Basically, coach D’Antoni relied his run and gun system to an undersized SG with zero pass ability. Guy is basically a damn shooter, no penetration, no pass, nada, niente. Knicks were underachieving that time.

When Linsanity took over, we went from a 8-15 record to a 16-17 mark, counting an outstading 7-game winning (or linning like we say :D) streak. During the streak, New York faced tough opponents like the Lakers, the Mavs or even Minnesotta on road. At that time, Melo was injured, STAT took a few days to be with his family and grieve the loss of his brother.

Lin isn’t a fluke man. Players don’t come out of nowhere and score 38 against LA and 28 against Dallas. He is legit. I’m not saying he’s going to be an All Star but I’m almost sure he could be a very decent PG in this league. Remember, he had no training camp whatsoever this season so he can only improve. :)

Baron is slim as matter of fact. Our staff has done an extraordinary work with him. He’s certainly rusty but he can get the job done, which is play 10-12 minutes per game giving Lin some rest. JR Smith reminds me of a less talented and less crazy Sprewell. He’s a scorer, plays decent defense and has no fear in getting the ball. We needed a player like him. Fields and Shump are good role players as well. I’m impressed with Iman, he’s a lock down defender.

Knicks are deep bro. Look at our second unit:

Baron
Smith
Walker
Novak
Jeffries

Name out a better second unit. By the top of my head, I would say only Chicago and OKC depth chart come close to this.

Erm, Miami?!

Back
Top Bottom