NBA Thread

Ok, now we are talking the same language. Man, I respect your opinion what I didn’t like at all was the “smoking crack” thing. No hard feelings though. ;)) Besides, you're a Giant fan, I can't hate you! :LOL:

As for the subject itself, we agree to disagree. First and foremost, the record doesn’t show anything, we are build for the POs. Last year, as far as I remember, the Heat were 10-10. Players need time to mesh, teams need time to gel. As you should know, for Mike D’Antoni the PG position is the most important one in his system. Before the emergence of Jeremy Lin we had Toney “f*cking” Douglas running the point. Basically, coach D’Antoni relied his run and gun system to an undersized SG with zero pass ability. Guy is basically a damn shooter, no penetration, no pass, nada, niente. Knicks were underachieving that time.

When Linsanity took over, we went from a 8-15 record to a 16-17 mark, counting an outstading 7-game winning (or linning like we say :D) streak. During the streak, New York faced tough opponents like the Lakers, the Mavs or even Minnesotta on road. At that time, Melo was injured, STAT took a few days to be with his family and grieve the loss of his brother.

Lin isn’t a fluke man. Players don’t come out of nowhere and score 38 against LA and 28 against Dallas. He is legit. I’m not saying he’s going to be an All Star but I’m almost sure he could be a very decent PG in this league. Remember, he had no training camp whatsoever this season so he can only improve. :)

Baron is slim as matter of fact. Our staff has done an extraordinary work with him. He’s certainly rusty but he can get the job done, which is play 10-12 minutes per game giving Lin some rest. JR Smith reminds me of a less talented and less crazy Sprewell. He’s a scorer, plays decent defense and has no fear in getting the ball. We needed a player like him. Fields and Shump are good role players as well. I’m impressed with Iman, he’s a lock down defender.

Knicks are deep bro. Look at our second unit:

Baron
Smith
Walker
Novak
Jeffries

Name out a better second unit. By the top of my head, I would say only Chicago and OKC depth chart come close to this.
clippers
pacers
dallas(maybe, pretty crowded at SG)
orlando

are you really going to bring up jeffries and walker? really? those guys are bums, novak is going to come back down to reality, there is a reason that guy is well traveled... so you have baron davis who is old as dirt, and smith, and one demisional player... i still dont see any depth. Any of your starters go down, your in trouble...

Dude...

Norris Cole
Mike Miller (Terrel Harris)
Shane Battier (James Jones)
Juwan Howard
Joel Anthony

Only weak link defensively is Mike Miller. Cole can get his own shot, while Miller & Battier will knock down from deep. Anthony is so active on both ends of the floor that he's a handful. Howard has been through everything & provides invaluable experience.

This 5 won't even necessarily have to be on the floor at the same time! What with the rotation Spolestra has worked between the Big 3.

I think the 76ers have a better bench as well. I know it's debatable.

In my oppinion, the Knicks bench would make it into the "playoffs" of benches, but wouldn't be a candidate to the "Bench title".

Hope it makes sense!

By the way, Wade is an idiot. Breaking the nose of someone in an all-star match? It's the first time ever there has been blood because of a foul in the history of all-stars. That says all.

TSO do you really trust that bench come playoff time? I wouldn't.

Our bench two seasons ago was much better but they went missing on occasion during the playoffs.

TSO do you really trust that bench come playoff time? I wouldn't.

I trust, I'd rather trust my bench than those called "superstars". If somehow we flip TD for a big guy I'll be very happy. My main concerns are named Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony.

By the way, Wade is an idiot. Breaking the nose of someone in an all-star match? It's the first time ever there has been blood because of a foul in the history of all-stars. That says all.

Man, I used to like him before the "superamigos" reunion. Shameful.

I think the 76ers have a better bench as well. I know it's debatable.

In my oppinion, the Knicks bench would make it into the "playoffs" of benches, but wouldn't be a candidate to the "Bench title".

Hope it makes sense!

i dont think he meant to break his nose.. looked like a freak accident. bball is a very injury prone sport... lots of contact, hard wood floors, gigantic super atheletes... think about it.. d wade in person is a big mother fucker..

i dont think he meant to break his nose.. looked like a freak accident. bball is a very injury prone sport... lots of contact, hard wood floors, gigantic super atheletes... think about it.. d wade in person is a big mother fucker..

It was in the all star game, not in the playoffs or anything, so it makes it 100x worse. And what pissed me off even more was not seeing Wade go up to Kobe and apologise.

Miami at LA this sunday, Kobe will shoot at least 50 times.

Kobe hasn't been so hot lately so he needs a BIG performance soon anyway. You guys see his shooting % against OKC? Shameful! 7/24 Field Goals, 0 out of 3 from 3-pointers and only like 4 assists. Only thing he did well that night, free throws lol. 10 out of 11 or something.

In fact, the world's best is probably having one of if not his worst season so far.

Melo is clutch, I wouldn't worry about him.

With Amare it depends on his mentality for each game.

Former Portland Trail Blazers guard, Brandon Roy, has thought about returning to the game after retiring prior to the 2011-12 season due to numerous knee injuries, according to ProBasketballTalk.

“It’s the truth. It’s really hard being so far away from the game. I spend time watching Jamal (Crawford) and following all of his games; Will (Conroy) and Tre (Simmons) are both doing their thing, so it’s driving me to wanna come back out there.” Roy told US Basket, “If the treatment I’ve been looking into can work, I believe there’s a good chance you will see Brandon Roy back hoopin’.”

I guess Sina will love this news. :) Let's see what happens. I personally doubt he can overcome his injuries but who knows?

Yeah I do love that news! I hope he can but not too optimistic either.

I can see the guy's itching to get back though! Must be very hard for him to have retired like that and watch all these former friends play on a nightly basis.

As someone who has suffered knee injuries, I'm not too optimistic about it. You can play again, but a knee never feels "right" anymore, and if you're into a tough competition like the NBA...

After the LINSANITY comes the NOVAKAINE!

1795063663c611e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Yah nice performance by him.

Looking forward to tonight with two particular matches.

OKC has won in EVERY city except Orlando since the re-branding. Can they make history tonight? I think so.

And I've also placed a bet on Heat and Blazers Total going OVER 197. With the added possible rescue of OVER time in case it's not at that level yet already which is something that might happen as it should be fairly close (within 8 points or so). Bosh is out apparently.

What do you guys think? Any predictions for tonight?

I've also put a VERY small wager $10 on T-Wolves +4 at Suns but did it small cuz I'm not too convinced of that. I can see them lose by 5 or 6 and screw me over.

Last edited:
Wolves-PHX is a tricky one Sina. I would say that Minny is the favoured but they are so hot and cold, I mean, after an outstanding display against the Clipps they choke versus the Lakers and the masked man. :D Moreover I think they are in a back to back to back so they should be tired as hell. Don't go for it.

OKC should beat Orlando. Those guys in Florida are more concerned about Dwight's future, there's a lot of talk regarding an imminent trade so I would pick KD and Bad Russ.

As for Miami, well, they are in an hell of a shape, Heat is the hottest team in NBA (lol, Heat is hot, seems legit :D). Didn't know about Bosh though, whatever, they should win.

I agree it's a tricky one and could go either way. That's why I've only put a tenner on it.

As for Heat and OKC, yeah two best teams in NBA and tonight SHOULD be another victory for both. Personally I only care about the victory for OKC of course and just hope LeBron and Co as well as the Blazers score many points as like I said I've bet the OVER on that game! :D But yeah Heat will probably win it by 6 or 7.

Yay!! Won both $40 NBA bets :D while T-Wolves did disappoint as I half expected and lost me $10 which is no biggie.

Wolves-PHX is a tricky one Sina. I would say that Minny is the favoured but they are so hot and cold, I mean, after an outstanding display against the Clipps they choke versus the Lakers and the masked man. :D Moreover I think they are in a back to back to back so they should be tired as hell. Don't go for it.

OKC should beat Orlando. Those guys in Florida are more concerned about Dwight's future, there's a lot of talk regarding an imminent trade so I would pick KD and Bad Russ.

As for Miami, well, they are in an hell of a shape, Heat is the hottest team in NBA (lol, Heat is hot, seems legit :D). Didn't know about Bosh though, whatever, they should win.

We here in Orlando are not concern w/ Dwight his future lies elsewhere no biggie . Not the 1st or last start to grazed our Arena . I hoping for Miami to bring home the cup!

So in tonight's match-ups.

I like Nets at +6 against Celtics and Sacramento Kings at +10 vs. Lakers.

I've also put a small tenner on 76'ers winning by more than 7 as well.

What do you guys think?

I hope the Nyets get a blow out against Boston. Their fans are annoying, there are lots of Nyets fans in a Portuguese forum I use to follow, man I don't understand why they like that team, I mean, in the whole NJ state there must be 3 or 4 fans of that team, rest are Knicks fans, so how are those 'tuguisse guys Nets fans?

Lakers and the masked man should have no problems beating Sac Town. I have my doubts regarding 76ers, I hope they lose so we could get closer to them.

Sacramento will lose but I can see them doing so by less than 10 points that's why I've put my money there. Let's see what happens.

Don't think Celtics will be blowing Nets out but again we shall find out.

76ers I have some doubt too that's why I only put a small bet on that.

It's got to be a mental thing, check his Twitter feed.

Sacramento will lose but I can see them doing so by less than 10 points that's why I've put my money there. Let's see what happens.

Don't think Celtics will be blowing Nets out but again we shall find out.

76ers I have some doubt too that's why I only put a small bet on that.

Good picks there! I only arrived home very late and watch Toronto and the Grizzlies. When they recover Randolph, they may be again a powerful to team in the west.

Back
Top Bottom