NBA Thread

Sadly, that clip sums up Wizs season. Zero basketball IQ, zero ball movement, zero creativity, no game plan set, etc, etc. Their team is a mess and that Wall guy is the biggest ball hog since Melo Anthony (ok, I'm overreacting in this one but you got my point).

On the other hand, Jeremy Lin has brought some excitment back to Madison Square Garden. Only God knows if this kid will excel and turn into a great PG although he is responsible for bringing fun back to all of us Knicks fans. Honestly, I've never felt that happy before watching the Knicks. LINSANITY! :)

Sadly, that clip sums up Wizs season. Zero basketball IQ, zero ball movement, zero creativity, no game plan set, etc, etc. Their team is a mess and that Wall guy is the biggest ball hog since Melo Anthony (ok, I'm overreacting in this one but you got my point).

On the other hand, Jeremy Lin has brought some excitment back to Madison Square Garden. Only God knows if this kid will excel and turn into a great PG although he is responsible for bringing fun back to all of us Knicks fans. Honestly, I've never felt that happy before watching the Knicks. LINSANITY! :)

Finally some good news for the Knicks! I haven't had the chance to watch Lin play, but I eager to do so! I honestly WANT to watch them now, and that hasn't happened for a long time! Enjoy it TSO!

Finally some good news for the Knicks! I haven't had the chance to watch Lin play, but I eager to do so! I honestly WANT to watch them now, and that hasn't happened for a long time! Enjoy it TSO!

You have an opportunity tonight, Knicks vs Lakers at an erupting Madison Square Garden prepared to worship his new idol Jeremy Lin. To be honest, I'm expecting all but a win, and it's probably going to be a blow out, but I'm excited just for the fact that I'm going to to see this kid once again.

I recommend you to check this article written by Howard Beck, NY Times. You will see that Lin's life could have been an hell of a movie script! (wake up Spike Lee!)
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/s...o-knicks-star.html?scp=5&sq=jeremy lin&st=cse

EDIT: Seriously, NBA is a very strange place.

YouTube - Noah celebration dance after Korver 3

YouTube - Landry Fields and Jeremy Lin

Last edited:
I saw on PTI that the Celtics 'thing' was a tribute to the Patriots who were in the building.

I'm going to watch the Lin highlights later, great story.

Just watched the Knicks-Lakers highlights and how that Lin guy beat Kobe with a huge performance. Just wowzer. David Stern is one lucky man. Yao gone but this time Lin has come to save the NBA reputation *cough*marketing*cough* over Far East.

Oh and btw, All-Star reserves were announced on Thursday.

East: Bosh, Deng, Hibbert, Iguodala, J. Johnson, Pierce, D. Williams
West: Aldridge, M. Gasol, Love, Nash, Nowitzki, Parker, Westbrook

that is being showed everywhere airports, schools ,gyms and even in line at the grocery store. No more coach surfing for Lin!!

Last edited:
Time to change your avatar, TSO... Just saying... We all love chicks, but the only one true Knicks fan around here should have a linsanity avatar.

You can always take it out when Knicks don't make it to the playoffs! :SMUG:

I liked Lin before he was mainstream yo :SMOKIN: Don't forget he was a Warrior.

But seriously I got him on like the 2nd good game he had in my fantasy team and probably everybody wants him now, maybe I should trade him now before selfish Melo comes back, but I won't at least not now.
The Fantasy league I'm in has been quite inactive though as most gave up in the first couple of weeks. These Fantasy games should be playoff only.

Hey, you should have told me that before, I love those Fantasy games. Next time we could organize our own Evo-Web NBA Fantasy League. :COOL:

You guys cut him in order to sign Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan. Ironically, not only none of them signed with the Warriors but also Tyson would eventually become a Knick and is now swishing and dishing alongside Lin-sanity!

That's a hell of a story! :LOL:

I second that idea about an evo-web NBA fantasy league!

I always put a lot of hours configuring the best possible team, considering millions of options, combinations and managing real world data like a pro. I watch a lot of matches to decide the most trivial detail, even the sockets color of my assistants! Then, as always, when the fantasy league starts I always end up the last one, and by a big margin...

Reason is overrated!

Oh, perfect! Friday night is Miami @ Cleveland and I obviously won't need to be in uni the next day. OBVIOUSLY WATCHING THAT.

Man, The Jeremy Lin Show goes on and on...

This kid is anything but a 1 hit wonder lol. He's the real deal it seems!

Man, The Jeremy Lin Show goes on and on...

This kid is anything but a 1 hit wonder lol. He's the real deal it seems!

he has a long way to go man... gilbert arenas had a few amazing seasons with the wiz, but he is nothing but a footnote now... the nba is brutal

It is and yah it's too early to tell.

Just saying, he seems pretty consistently impressive so far in his very short career and doesn't look like a guy who'll have 15 mins of fame.

If a player scores 50+ points in a game, or even 40, it’s probably the most important thing that happened that night. Same goes for a triple-double. Well, on this night, the Oklahoma City Thunder accomplished all three of those feats: Kevin Durant scored a career-high 51 points, Russell Westbrook scored 40 and Serge Ibaka notched a triple-double in points (15), rebounds (14) and blocked shots (11). It’s the first time in NBA history a trio has done those three things in one basketball game, together. The last time a duo scored 40+ in the same game was Mike and Scottie with the Bulls in 1996. (That Ibaka’s line will probably be overlooked due to KD’s big night is a shame, by the way. 3×2 with blocks!) Most importantly, of course, the Thunder won the game, snatching away victory from the Nuggets in overtime after Durant tied things up on a driving dunk with under 10 seconds left to play in regulation. Seven Denver players scored in double figures, led by 27 from Arron Afflalo and 21 points and 10 dimes from Andre Miller. The Nuggets scored an absurd 72 points in the paint, but gave up a 14-point lead and are now 17-15 on the year. OKC is 24-7, No. 1 in the West and is now a certified nightmare for teams on a nightly basis.

Slam

Crazy numbers!

Back
Top Bottom