NBA Thread

Ricky Rubio is a talent for sure and one for the future, but Jose Calderon showed him who's still the best Spanish PG. ;)

Good win for Raptors against Timberwolves after last couple disappointments including a loss at home to f'n Nets!

Hey, PLF, I watched the game live as well. Probably the worst performance of Rubio so far, and maybe due to he brutal calendar, they played 24 hours before at Washington. This year is a test of endurance and consistency.

And in this test, the Raptors are really surprising everyone. There were bets about them being the worse team in the NBA, and they don't look at all like that. Calderon is a great leader. He could turn the Lakers into a contender, for instance. And other guys are also adding a lot of effort. The physicality of the team is much improved from the last season.

I think they will improve the record of the last 2 seasons if no one gets injured. And that would be truly a feat for this squad.

The timberwolves had a disgrace night. Everything went wrong for them. They missed easy shots, had terrible turnovers and couldn't cope with the muscle of Toronto in the paint. Even Love seemed an average player!

Credit to Toronto, but that doesn't change the fact tha the Timberwolves are one of my fav teams right now. A lot of youth and a nice pace!

Yeah bad performance by T-Wolves.

Raptors can be very mediocre but then suddenly a decent enough outfit the next night.

Calderon is indeed a great leader. And though past his peak, he's still a very good player. Continues to break records for Raptors with his assists and Bargnani still performing well. Great humble guy too. Ameer Johnson (probably best player against T-Wolves) has really impressed me since joining. He's become an integral part of the team.

Raptors are not a good team but yeah we're certainly not the worst either. :P Worst team in NBA?! Damn.. now that's harsh!! Yeah, I don't agree with whoever said/thought that!

Well, I talk about expectations and things I had read around. Toronto was amongst the contenders for "worse team" alongside the Nets, Detroit, Charlotte, Sacramento, Timberwolves and Washington. Washington is winless, so they nailed that one. Who knows, the season has just started but from what I've seen, the toughness of the season will allow teams like Toronto to win more than expected.

PS: Jesus, I just saw that Toronto lost to Washington this night! Ouch!

Last edited:
Hahah yeah we lost to the winless team by quite a bit too! lol

I still don't think we're THE worst though. :P

Probably Sacramento or Washington maybe Nets though we lost to f'n Nets at home as well! :(

imo, the worst team in this league is Detroit. Jesus Christ, they are atrocious, even the Wizs are funny to watch but those Pistons, gosh, it's soooo horrible! I can't stand more than a minute watching them! I don't see any hope for this team nor any bright future. At least Washington have the likes of Wall, Singleton and Vesely to improve. Detroit have nothing besides Knight and Gordon.

The Raptors are enjoyable as well, they have a decent team who can beat any opponent in a good night (look, I was about about to break my LCD the night they beat us :RANT:). They won't make it into the playoffs because the spots are already locked by the same teams who made it last season. Anyway, they can add more talent in the upcoming draft that is going to be huge in terms of potential.

Hey Stu, stop watching the damn Heat! :P

YouTube - Happy Birthday from the Bear

Last edited:
Maybe we are the worst team in the league! :(

Beaten by not just Nets but f'n Sacramento at home! :(

Last edited:
Guys, superman did a freakin 40+ 20+ game vs GSW last night. It's the first time ever since Shaq's performance back in 2003 which is also statistically the best performance of Howard's career. But more importantly, GSW's hacking strategy hugely helped him break the nearly 50 years old free throw attempts record setting it to 39 now and make some history.

I always loved GSW for their playing style but it's just too much, they didn't even mind trying making some real defensive work at all. Well it's Howard but still that strategy is just as ridiculous. Could he have scored even more than he did last night if there was no hacking? Instead he would possibly score less and GSW would at least still have their center options trying to defend Howard properly till the end of the match. I'm no coach but playing this kind of gamble against big players just won't work imo. No real challenge, no win.

Yeah that was a CRAZY performance! And it sucks for me because I had $20 on Golden State Warrios to keep the spread +3 (So lose by no more than 3 but I thought they could win it at home altogether) and they were doing very well until about 3rd quarter where Orlando only for the FIRST time managed to take the lead (they were always chasing before that and at some point early on were way behind) but Howard was quite GODLY and GSW just got worse as time went on. Ultimately I lose my $20 on what I thought was quite a good bet because DW had game of his life!

I quite like Dwight Howard though. One of my fav players and a good guy. Real funny too. You guys seen him do imitations of others like Charles Barkley? Hillarious stuff! :D

Losing to the Cavs was one thing but now the Nets, both at home, back to back!

:RANT::FAIL::THINK::PRAY::(:CENSOR::TD::NONO::MAD::SHAKE::PUKE::BRICK:

:COAT:

I like Chris Bosh, he acts like a girl but he (or she) seems to be a good person. He isn't a superstar but is a pretty good bballer I have to recognize.

We gonna get raped tonight at OKC. :(

I don't know about Bosh attittude outside of the pitch, but inside I have never seen anything that makes me hate him. In fact, of the big 3 in Miami (ok, we better say the big 2.5) he's the one who seems nicer and who won't make childish jokes abuot novitzky coughing...

I don't know why people hate him, is there a reason other than thinking he's overrated?

Hahah that vid is jokes and I've just seen this! :LOL:

Man, so many people HATE Chris Bosh, it's amazing!

And have you guys seen that vid of the Knicks fans chanting very loudly OVER-RATED as he's about to shoot a free-throw?! :LMAO:

He was just a lil slow to realize that reporter was aving a go at him! probably made a bet and won it on the pinch in neck bitI can see him giving high fives and whatnot . His reaction is of a well manner kid imagine if this was Artest :LOL:

I don't know about Bosh attittude outside of the pitch, but inside I have never seen anything that makes me hate him. In fact, of the big 3 in Miami (ok, we better say the big 2.5) he's the one who seems nicer and who won't make childish jokes abuot novitzky coughing...

I don't know why people hate him, is there a reason other than thinking he's overrated?

No, he's a decent guy it's basically that he's not THAT good but he always WANTS to be a superstar. He's fairly well mannered but if you pay close attention, he's really bothered by the fact that he doesn't get as much recognition and attention as others do like his own team-mates. Even at Raptors where he was the superstar, he 'tried too hard'. He's not the coolest guy basically. That's the problem. :LOL:

He's a good guy but he's not the coolest guy and even though he's not a HUGE superstar, he badly wants to be which makes him a bit desperate and act weird sometimes.

All in all though, good guy and I'm okay with him but yeah a lot of people pick on him and dislike him or make fun of him. Good player!

So Raptors finally beat Suns! Been a long time!

And in fact last time we beat Nash was like a decade ago! A rare good result and to do it in Phoenix was satisfying. Idiots nearly messed things up right at the end though but ultimately the lead was too much.

Raptors > Knicks

facepalm_icon.gif

Bunch of overpaid "superstars" (insert big commas) who don't give a f*ck about their fans. I feel really sorry for those who blow their hard earned money to watch this pathetic coach and players on NBA League Pass.

Don't you have a NBA League pass? :D

Disappointing loss against the Pacers for us. Had no idea how we lost, but I guess Roy Hibbert knows it.

Didn't expect the Lakers to beat the Clippers, don't actually know if I'm glad they did. :P

Some good matches this Friday:
Heat-Knicks
Bulls-Bucks
Cavaliers-Nets
Wolves-Spurs

Should all be good games. :)

And last night Raps took it to over time away at Utah and then beat the Jazz there. Two nice wins in a row suddenly after a horrible run.

Lot of surprising results in NBA last night. Bucks disappointing Rockets. Cavs taking it to disappointing Knicks. etc. etc.
It really is hard to predict this league.

Thanks God I didn't sign the League Pass, I better safe my money to replace my old HTC phone. Moreover those Knikcerbastards don't worth 130$. I'm really pissed with this team.

Nevertheless, very interesting season so far. Indy and Philly are overachieving, Clipps and Wolves entertaining and the Thunder are finally ruling this league. Early to make a prediction but I'm almost they will be in the finals this year.

Hoping Bulls can make an upset win for the East finals. Pretty sure they'll get there, don't see Celtics going there this year.

Yeah Celtics not looking good this year.

Heat vs. OKC in finals.

Kevin Durant to own Big 3! lol

I still have some faith in Clippers too. Just won against a good Grizzlies team at home to avenge last night's loss to LA rivals.

Back
Top Bottom