NBA Thread

David West to the Pacers and Mike Bibby to NY.

469767901.jpg

How about some nice captions for this pic?

And checkout Kendrick Perkins working out in the offseason, he's hungry:

YouTube - Kendrick Perkins- Stackpole's Movement Evolution

CP3 to the Clippers, otherwise known as 'Lob City'.

How can I appeal this trade?

Well, I think Stern totally mocked everyone accepting this trade for basketball reasons. I don't get why this trade is better in any way then the one the Lakers proposed.

I'm glad to have a new force in the west, with Paul and Griffin, but I feel as if the AI had cheated me on a game...

Wait, so they have Billups, Mo Williams and Paul?

And I think this trade is better than the Lakers, Eric Gordon is a future star, although I read he is a free agent next year so maybe you're right.

No, Stern is worse, he has more power and thinks he knows more than the Hornets GM and head coach about what's best for their team/franchise.

No, Stern is worse, he has more power and thinks he knows more than the Hornets GM and head coach about what's best for their team/franchise.

funny you say that, When I think of NBA, I think of stern`s nose and grim smile w/ his specks such of Hommer Simpson`s boss :P . Seriously he can`t be voted out ? I read he was in charge since 1966 :CONFUSE: only health can remove him then, no wonder he`s so arrogant like a dictator .

:LOL:

Jeff Green out for the season with a heart condition, best of luck to him.

And te Blazers with their usual curse: while Oden is out for practically a season, now Aldridge has reproduced an old problem and will be out for 2 months. That and Roy reitred... what a terrible decade for the Blazers!

:LOL: @ those NOH guys!

Man, it feels great to talk about basketball again after that bloody f'n lockout!

Haven't been here for a while so I'll post a few notes on some hot topics:

The "Pauldrama": David Stern shocked the World when he decided to nix Paul's trade to LA last week. For the very first time in the NBA a commissioner called off a trade. I'm used to watch American sports so I wasn't surprised at all, I remember a few other deals called off in the NFL and in the NHL. IMO, Stern did the right thing. Let me explain: the New Orleans Hornets are owned by the league which means the commissioner is responsible for the franchise. Basically, Stern runs the show. Consequently, he represents NOH interests. So, if he thinks a trade isn’t good for the franchise he simply vetoes it. That’s what he did. In the end of the day, Stern found a better deal to NOH. Aminu, Kaman, Gordon and a pick from Minnesota are far better than Odom, Scola and Dragic, decent players albeit old and overpaid. Had this deal went thorugh and the Hornets would have stuck into mediocrity like forever (:LOL: I’m exaggerating of course but I think you got my point). Now they have good young and cheap players like Aminu and Gordon, potential high picks and cap relief (Kaman’s huge expiring contract). Waaaay better imo. That’s “basketball reasons” I suppose.

Besides, it was also been said that Stern vetoed the trade because of some kind of a “master plan” by the Lakers. The whole league feared another superteam in the making. C’mon, you can’t deny the obvious – the Los Angels Lakers were on the verge of acquiring both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard - Mitch" Kupchak is arguably the cleverest GM in the NBA. I won’t moan about this, as I said before in this thread, small market teams cannot blame when a superstar left town through a big city. Management is the key word (look at the Thunder). Did the owners block the trade because of it? Knowing Dan Gilbert...

That said, I prefer to believe in the first reason I’ve pointed out.

The New York Knickerbockers: I'm very happy with the signing of Tyson Chandler. I guess I all remember me having his avatar during the finals last season. From my point of view, Chandler was the piece that turned the Mavs into legit contenders. He is a top five C in this league, full of the defensive resources which makes him in one of the most valuable players in the game. Yes, it's important to have a LeBron or a Kobe in your team but is also crucial to have such a defensive anchor down low. Once again, I'm very very happy with him. My only concern is Mike D'Antoni and the way he's expectable to use Tyson. Thanks God we signed Mike Woodson, hopefully he will instill some D-E-F-E-N-C-E in our game! :P

I'm also amazed by the way we signed some good players like Baron Davis and Shumpert. Shump looks like the steal of the draft. Yeah, I know it's a bit early to say this but his first signs are amazing. I've been watching him since the workouts before the draft and now at the training camp, man, this kid looks the real deal! Very athletic, good defender, great positing, just needs to improve his shoot to be top guard in the game. About Davis, he could be a great add if (big IF, btw) he's motivated and healthy. Those Knicks are arguably the best team Davis ever played so I'm expecting Davis to bring all of his effort and commitment to NYC. I love those type of signings: low risk, high reward.

That said, I'll give a straight B grade to Glen Grunwald and the whole Knicks' Front Office. Had they signed Paul and I would have given them an A. You know, CP3 was plan A, although you can't complain when your plan B is Tyson, Davis and Shumpert. Moreover, we have the best court in whole NBA. Sounds good, right? Looking forward to season opener against Boston. I'm confident, I'm very confident. Eastern Conference Finals - is that asking too much? :P

Brandon Roy: huge loss. We'll miss him. Fantastic player, better person. I wish him all the best to his life. Sad. :(

Contenders: Miami, OKC, Bulls, then Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, Boston, Clips (?)

Hey, you gotta reckon, you missed those long post didn't you? :D

Last edited:
You gotta be f'n kidding me?!!? My fav NBA player retired at this age!?!

How serious the injuries must have been then!

The knees are the most worrying thing for a basketballer. Those guys have to jump and run in a hard surface more than any other player from different sports. Roy announced that his knees had degenerated so much (he lacked cartilage between the bones of both knees) that he couldn't handle to play basketball anymore. Gutted. :(

Nice fit for New York. He'll be very useful in pick-and-roll moves to Tyson and STAT. When healthy and motivated B-Diddy is a beast. :)

In other news, another Champ is quitting the game. Peja Stojakovic has retiring at the age of 34. :(

no way in hell is stern anything like sepp blatter, come on tobi. Lets get a little educated here. Stern has channeled the perception of the nba for the good in the last ten years and it is getting back to its old popularity levels. It wasnt him who made this decision, all of the other owners had a say in the paul trade as well. It was a shitty trade, the hornets were basically getting NOTHING for Paul. Eric gordan is ligit and this was a much better deal. Sepp Blatter is corrupt, racist, and a criminal.

no way in hell is stern anything like sepp blatter, come on tobi. Lets get a little educated here. Stern has channeled the perception of the nba for the good in the last ten years and it is getting back to its old popularity levels. It wasnt him who made this decision, all of the other owners had a say in the paul trade as well. It was a shitty trade, the hornets were basically getting NOTHING for Paul. Eric gordan is ligit and this was a much better deal. Sepp Blatter is corrupt, racist, and a criminal.

Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom and Goran Dragic = NOTHING? Can't agree with that.

I think Gordan, Aminu, Kaman's expiring contract, Gordin + 1st round pick from Minny is way better than those players in the previous deal. As I said before, they are decent players but older and expensive. Now the Hornets have cap relief and some good young guns, plus a potential high draft pick.

21kb5n7.jpg

I really don't think the Clippers trade was a much better deal. How many years has Gordon left? he won't resign in a year or two! And Kaman and Aminu don't really count as much!

On the other side Scola, Odom, Martin and Dragic had bigger contracts, but they would have assured wins for THIS season for the Hornets. And in 2 years you have them all out of contract anyway! So the Hornets would have indeed cap room in 1-2 years.

As they are now, I highly doubt Gordon alone can make that much difference. From the point of view of a Hornets fan, the trade is not very exciting. They have cap room... to do what? The NBA only desire is to sell the Hornets right now to anyone interested and won't be trading any big contract or even middle contracts to the franchise. They are not looking for the fans of the team, and I doubt the trade really opens a more brilliant present+future than that with the Lakers.

I mean, It's very debatable if one trade is better than the other. Now, I don't get why one got busted and the other wasn't. Well, I really understand it and makes me sick. I don't like this kinds of interventionism and spoils the things for me a bit.

PS: Not that I particularly wanted the Lakers trade to happen, but from my point of view what happened is very shady.

What's true is Clippers are definitely a good team now.

Paul, Billups, Griffin and a handful of reliable decent players around them. They have potential to do stuff.

Beating the Lakers quite easily right now in 3rd period of course these matches aren't the most meaningful.

Forget the Clippers and Kobe, its all about PHX... I'm just going to come out and say it... Playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom