NBA Thread

BREAKING NEWS: Chris Paul traded to the Knicks!

Nop. Just Chuck Testa.

Anyway, weren't you missing all those rumours mill? :COOL:
So here's the news headlines in ESPN:
Chris Paul's First Choice Is To Sign With Knicks

The New York Knicks are Chris Paul's preferred destination, according to sources. Paul is willing to wait until becoming a free agent next summer to sign with the Knicks. Paul would also consider signing with the Clippers, but their first is to sign Dwight Howard with their cap space.

Nets are set to offer Brook Lopez and draft picks to Orlando for Dwight Howard

ESPN reports that the Nets are set to offer Brook Lopez and draft picks to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard, and are willing to take on Hedo Turkoglu's contract to get a deal done. New Jersey would need to include a smaller contract or two, but would have available cap space after waiving Travis Outlaw via the amnesty clause.

It takes two sides to make a deal, of course, and Marc Stein and Chad Ford write that it's "unclear if the Magic can be convinced to start seriously considering trade scenarios for Howard this early." They also write that the Nets will still go forward in pursuit of free agent big men Nene and Tyson Chandler.

I doubt Howard would go to NJ since Deron is likely to opt out. I think Howard is going to end up in LA. Wilt, Kareem and Shaq. Howard is next great LA Center IMO.

I doubt Howard would go to NJ since Deron is likely to opt out. I think Howard is going to end up in LA. Wilt, Kareem and Shaq. Howard is next great LA Center IMO.

I agree, and this means that probably Pau Gasol and Bynum will end up somewhere else...

BREAKING NEWS: Chris Paul traded to the Knicks!

He's going to Golden State! With Tyson Chandler :)
We could finally match our taste if it happens

But I doubt it.

Not to mention I think Paul is the wrong move.

Anyway looks like Ellis or Steph will leave eventually it sucks cause I love the offensive range they offer me in 2K :P I can do anything with both.
In real life why not improve defense in other positions ffs, or get a defensive minded guard for sixth man, keep them both Warriors.

He's going to Golden State! With Tyson Chandler :)
We could finally match our taste if it happens

Chandler would be nice for you, even I never thought you'd be able to sign Paul, but...

suddenly we are the frontrunners to land Tyson amnestying Billups and losing hopes on CP3! Great, Zeke is back. Wasn't a decade enough? Sometimes I hate to be a Knicks fan.

facepalm.gif

EDIT: Now they are saying the plan is to move Amar'e to somewhere else in order to get Paul/Melo/Chandler. C'mon, STAT is my boy! Don't let him go! :(

Last edited:
Overdrive.

Shane Battier is a very good signing for the Heat.

Billups is being shown no respect by NY and I don't want CP3 in LA. Who'll buy the Hornets minus CP3?

Let Shannon Brown dunk is signing with us tomorrow and Grant Hill has offers from all over. He MUST stay!

:LMAO:

I'm loving Stern right now! :BOP:

Look, this is the letter from Dan Gilbert to Stern on CP3 deal:

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

CP-got-Stern_d_medium.gif

Brandon Roy may be retiring because of his knees, damn shame.

Though I understand why they cancel the move of Paul to LA, I don't think it's fair at all.

After all, Miami was allowed to group some superstars, and the knicks were allowed to do everything for Melo.

I know the Hornets are owned by the NBA, but Paul is in his last year of contract and he won't resign with them. So, in order to stay attractive, New Orleans MUST trade Paul. Who would want to buy the Hornets with Paul in his last year and no re-signing? No one!

So, by denying the move to the Lakers, Stern will have to block ANY other move for Paul in the next days, which is absurd. After all, these are the players the Hornets would get in exchange of Paul:
- Odom, Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic

So, anyone will offer more for Paul than this trade? I don't think so. Then, as I said, Stern should deny any move for Paul, which means Paul going away for free this summer and leaving the team in a very de4licate situation.

I know the move would meant a super-team in LA and that could be bad for the show... But really, denying a trade that is the best option for the Hornets is NOT the way to help the Hornets nor the league. Now any club can ask Stern to block any move for any Hornets player.

Great signing.

klpkeroj:iphone

mn75188213j:iphone

CP3 is getting closer to those Lakers again.

Last edited:
Great signing for the Knicks. The special should be happy. Now they only lack a PG. Stuckey could be a great addition, but doubt the salary cap allows them to it. They could also trade Stoudamire for Howard, but that's a risky move if things don't go well...

About Chris Paul, as I said in the previous post, I don't like the trade, but the NBA can't forbid it. It's absolutely unfair for the Hornets and was a very very bad move. So bad now they had to go back and allow negotiations again.

It was a totally legal trade and denying it would have been the worse decision for the Hornets. I think most of the complaints are from lakers haters, because from an objective and legal point of view, there's no reason to deny it.

Personally I don't like it, because I love Gasol (he's from Barcelona and I watched him play when he was 16!!!) and wanted him to fight for the title, but I have no love for the Lakers (I'm more of a Celtics fan). It would have been stupid if it had been a bad trade for the Hornets, but it isn't. They will end up with a better salary cap and a much better team! How can this be wrong?

I don't want to see a division opponent improve, cancel it again Stern!

They traded Odom for a draft pick, soon to be official.

Howard has requested a trade, apparently wants to join Deron in Brooklyn.

rumors here is Orlando is trading superman to Nets for 2 draft picks ? it was doing the rounds here in local pubs last week. I only seen ESPN mentioning it though Thursday?

I thought it was a good trade for NO when you look at the talent they were getting. If I was the Celts I would go after Paul. I`d offer Rondo and a 2nd round draft choice for him. Easier said then done though.

Back
Top Bottom