NBA Thread

One of the most awkward players in the history of the nba gets one of the most awkward names. This man is hilarious! I always smile when his "Champion" song sound in NBA 2k11. Priceless!

Hahhaha Ron Artest! Always entertaining us! :D :LOL:

He was a good player in his prime though, gotta say. Not a fan of the man but a fan of the player.

well, guys, who do you see as an entertaining one from this year's rookies? kemba walker really seems to be a hot prospect in this aspect to me. even his name sounds a lil rogue. :)

Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams.

Rudy got traded to Dallas, good move for him, Portland...

Last edited:
well, guys, who do you see as an entertaining one from this year's rookies? kemba walker really seems to be a hot prospect in this aspect to me. even his name sounds a lil rogue. :)

Chukwudiebere Maduabum. #1 pick overall when it comes to coolest names. :D

First of all, I gotta say that this was the weirdest Draft I've ever seen. In fact, this is the first Draft I've seen. :LOL:

#1 and #2 picks were pretty predictable. Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams were, without a doubt, the best players available at this Draft. Some said the 2011 Draft was a weak Draft. I don't agree at all. No, none of this guys are going to make the Hall of Fame, but overall the Draft was full of potential good role players. Irving and Williams, and maybe Kanter owing to the fact that there aren't many good centers in the league these days, can turn All-Star players but nothing more than that, which will a tremendous achievement in my opinion. Backing on the picks, as I said the first 2 picks were already locked at the begin of the night. However, I believe no one was expecting that Kanter was making it to the third spot, including myself thinking he would went number 4 to play in Cleveland. Utah guys were very smart at this point, they know that is tough to get a great big so they move for Kanter which was a damn good decision. With the 12 pick they could have selected another guard, which they did by picking Alex Burks. The Cavs had to make an hard call in Tristan Thompson next, a guy who wasn't expected to make the top5 overall. I think they get surprised with Utah's selection.

Then the Raptors picked Jonas Valanciunas, a big from Lithuania. Honestly, I thought they would picked Brandon Knight, the best PG available after Irving, and then move Calderon in a trade. Valanciunas is a good player, no doubts about that, although it is known that this guys is going to spend 1 more season in Europe, and you know that the Canadians have to bounce back quickly. Even so, picking a big is never a bad decision.

What intrigued me a lot was the fact that some great PGs like Kemba or Knight have fallen so much in this Draft. Taking a guy like Knight at number 8 is a f'n over-achievement by the Bobcats. GMs are probably realizing that good Cs are rare these days so they bet all their money on them giving up picking a legit good PG.

The awkward moment of the night was portrait by, guess who, the New York Knickerbockers! Yes, you just hit the nail in the head! How hard it was right? :LOL: With the 17th pick the New York Knicks selected... Iman Shumpert! Oh wait! Who the f*ck is Shumpert? Even Spike Lee was wondering about the guy! With Chris Singleton available at that point, Knicks fans thought their team would pick the College Defensive Player of Year. No, they picked the Georgia Tech guard kid instead. I went mad I must say. However, some time later, I finally realize the propose of that pick. Singleton plays at postion 3 and 4, the same as Melo and Amare respectively. So basically the kid wouldn't have minutes. Shumpert choice makes sense. He is also a good defender, he can play as PG and SG, and you know that the Knicks are missing a good SG (I love Fields but the guy is very inconsist and I fear he will never reach his potential, well I fear his potential is little). All said, I truly believe in this kid, I hope everything goes well to him.

Oh and the sweatest moment of the night. I present you, Jan Vesely, the Czech machoman.

YouTube - Jan Vesely gets a Warm Welcome to the NBA

Like a guy in YouTube said "he hasn't even played a game, and he's already leading the league in scoring." :LOL:

Last edited:
Maduabum, man, what a name that is :D and the pick after him, Ngombo (the superstar of Qatari league) is a total disaster. You must read this about his story and see why I didn't use his first name. :P Just like a joke. :DOH:

The third pick, my countryman Enes Kanter is just a beast and a complete package or even more for a center. He's full of ambition and enthusiasm and I can't see him being a flop next years. Only thing that I don't like in him, I've seen he's turned to be an American more than a Turkish since he went there. Anyway, mind you, if he wouldn't have missed last whole year because of a special case of him, without any doubt he'd be the #1 pick. He had a professional contract with Fenerbahçe Ülker but then he went to Kentucky without the permission of the club. The thing is, as far as I know, if a player has earned money by a professional contract, he can't play in NCAA. When he went there, Fenerbahçe Ülker didn't hide the fact and I really can't blame them for that but I wished they hadn't done something like that for the good of Enes' career. TSO, I suggest you keeping your eye on him from now on, he will be legendary if he doesn't change his mindset.

Tristan Thompson was another shock of the night. I hope Cavs don't regret this. Also Valanciunas is a great player overall but he can't defend at all, I guess Toronto's strategy is that "no defence". :LOL:

You just said Brandon Knight? He was the saddest guy of the draft.

tumblr_ln9qfaYSpU1qzb7vjo1_r2_1280.png

To be honest, it was the most hilarious moment of the night for me. :LMAO: He was like "I led my team whole season, I've proved myself, I don't deserve this. F*ck you all! You f*ckin retards.". :D

The celebrity guy, Jimmer Fredette, I hope he won't be another flop like Adam Morrison and JJ Redick cuz I love white shooters like them. He seems to be just hell of a shooter but it causes me to suspect that he spent four years at Brigham as most of the talented kids get drafted after only one year. Let's see what time will say.

Lastly, good luck with your pick on Iman Shumpert but honestly I think he'll be a trade material for getting a star guard.

Last edited:
@RicBucher Ric Bucher
NBA GMs/coaches can still follow their players on Twitter during lockout. But a mention or re-tweet? $1 million fine + maybe loss of picks.

News here is Williams is going to Turkey during the NBA lock...I never understood this sort of stuff Lock down NHL, MLB has did it before is it player union stuff ? Anyhow going to the Turkish League seem weird to do ? Nets said if he is injured he wont get paid :CONFUSE:

Zaza Pachulia is also coming here. Our league is not as bad as our football league is in Europe. If we don't count Fenerbahçe Ülker's dominance of last years, I'd say it's also too competitive. Of course money is the main reason. :P

In the ESPN site there is a short video about Amar'e and Melo possibly going overseas as well. :( The closer we get to the season the more names we are going to hear. Personally, I won't mind if D-Won't back to Nyets anymore. :LOL:

EDIT: By the way, I found this:
Besiktas Also Interested In Kobe
Jul 07, 2011 4:24 PM EDT

After agreeing with New Jersey Nets guard Deron Williams on a contract to join his Turkish team during the NBA lockout, Besiktas coach Ergin Ataman declared his next target: Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant.

Ataman will travel to the United States with Besiktas management officials next week to trumpet the signing of Williams, and wants to arrange a meeting with Bryant and Bryant’s agent, Rob Pelinka, he told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday afternoon.

“After we signed Deron, we started to look around and find a friend of his, find other NBA stars, who want to come over and play with us,” Ataman told Yahoo! Sports. “If Kobe wants to play with Deron in Istanbul, we can discuss this.”
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214632/Besiktas_Also_Interested_In_Kobe#ixzz1RSIFPPg8

Last edited:
Shaq has officially joined TNT, Inside the NBA will never be the same again (in a good way).

Looks like Chris Webber won't be on much now as a result, he was good on the show.

I love this guy. :LOL:

YouTube - Steve Nash: What Happens After Practice

On a side note, today NBA releases the schedule for the upcoming season (if there's a season). It's been said that we will have a Knicks-Celtics and a Mavericks-Heat matchups on Christmas Day. Once they release the full schedule I will inform you. :)

EDIT: Full schedule released. Miami @ New York, Chicago @ Dallas and Oklahoma @ LA in the opening. Full list here: http://www.nba.com/gameline/20111101/

Last edited:
But the lockout doesn't seem to be dismissed soon, so they may end up playing half or less of the season... Tough task for Nba 2k12!

Right now it doesn't seem that Kobe moves to Besiktas - he might prefer to play in China but is worried about the rules (no return after the lockout during the season)...

Well, according to MARCA (commonly known as LIARS), Besiktas is offering Kobe 5,5M€ in a 6 month deal.

The best part of the lockout is that NBA TV uses to air some sweet classic moments. Today I was watching 1996 NBA Finals GM2 between the mighty Seatle SuperSonics and the Chicago Bulls. Pippen and Jordan combined a 50 pts show that day. Sweeeet! :D

Ron Artest now Metta World Peace

LOS ANGELES -- Let there be peace.

As in Metta World Peace.

A brief hearing at Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday morning made it official -- Ron Artest has changed his name to Metta World Peace.

According to Artest's publicist, Courtney Barnes, Artest was not present for the ruling, but his attorney, Nahla Rajan, represented her client in front of commissioner Matthew C. St. George.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

"[Rajan] walked up, the judge said, 'We understand he wants to change his name and he wants to do so for personal reasons,' and it was granted," Barnes said. "That was it. It was that quick."

Artest's initial request to change his name last month was delayed because of a failure to pay an outstanding parking ticket.

"As soon as we found out about it from the previous hearing, once we were able to track down the ticket, it was immediately taken care of," Barnes said.

Artest's 8-year-old daughter, Diamond, also plans to change her surname from Artest to World Peace now that her father's name change has become official.

"This process needed to go through [Friday] and be legal before there would be any pursuit of that," Barnes said.

"Metta is going to be the first name and it means like friendship, love and kindness," Artest told Stephen A. Smith on 710 ESPNLA earlier this month. "World Peace is going to be the last name, so everybody can get ready to buy their World Peace jerseys."

Artest told Yahoo! Sports he plans to wear No. 70 next season, but the NBA has rules that prevent players from switching their uniform number from year to year. The deadline for a player to change his number is in early March to have it go into effect for the next season and once a number is changed, it has to be worn for five seasons with that team before a player is allowed to change it (unless he is traded to a new team or leaves as a free agent).

Artest wore No. 37 after signing on as a free agent with the Lakers in 2009-10 and did switch to No. 15 last season. It's not clear what he had to do to accomplish that.

The uniform rule does not come with any stipulations for a name change, however.

If there is a request or circumstance that calls for a number change within the five-year period is approved, it may come with a cost of some kind, according to a league source.

Source: ESPN LA

Peace bro!

ron_artest_dwts.jpg

Will be really hilarious to play 2k12 and keep hearing "and the ball goes to World Peace", "World Peace with the furious slam dunk!" or the sad "World Peace is fouled out!"

Back
Top Bottom