NBA Thread

Winning by 12 and 3 minutes over and loosing the match means you need a lot more experience in the squad. That coudl be said for both OKC and the Bulls. So, we have a final waiting.

I'm with Nowitzki here. Let's see if they can stop the big three!

God, this Finals is tough to call. Heat's perimiter defence will have to match the intensity of their inside-D if they're gonna win this series. Bosh, again, is the key for the Heat when on the court. He has to stay close to Dirk's numbers and get him on the right block.

God, this Finals is tough to call. Heat's perimiter defence will have to match the intensity of their inside-D if they're gonna win this series. Bosh, again, is the key for the Heat when on the court. He has to stay close to Dirk's numbers and get him on the right block.

Well said, these finals could be epic, wonder how big of an impact LeBron and Wade will cause tho, I think one of them gonna be the key cause Dirk is unstoppable.

Well, this Playoffs are showing that I'm not a good predictions guy at all, at least when it comes to basketball predictions. So, in order to bring some bad luck to Miami, I'm going to bet my money in the Heat for this finals. Oh, and James will be the MVP mark my words! :D

All said, go Mavs!

+ fucking 1.

bullyright2.gif

aaaaand one!

Scottie Pippen
“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play in the game, but I may go as far to say LeBron James is probably the greatest player to ever play the game. Not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved. You have to be on your Ps and Qs because everybody is a threat to score when he’s on the floor. Not only that, LeBron James will dominate the game on the offensive end and he’s able to do it on the defensive end as well. He can get in those passing lanes and dominate the game.”

shaq.gif

You have to watch some vids on MJ mate. He's everything but comparable to LeBron. Firstly, he never quitted his team, secondly he never asked for more superstars in his team (yeah, Pippen, Harper and Rodman were stars but not superstars as D-Wade and Bosh) and last but not least, he was an IMMENSE player!

:LOL: Please, like I haven't watched videos of MJ?

Your 1st point: No, Michael Jordan didn't quit his team. That said, I don't believe LeBron did either. He left Cleveland in absolutely shitty circumstances; went about it completely the wrong way and that's something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life, let along his career. Everyone says, "Game 5 vs. the Celtics". Not buying that. I just think he had a rough shooting night & the Celtics took full advantage. Game 6 LBJ had a triple-double for christ-sake.

2nd point: That's just the modern age of basketball. You compile 2 or more stars & you'll be competing for a Championship. The 80's/90's most every team had a star. The league was much more even then. Hardly LeBron's fault he wants the best chance to win. Remember, Kobe wanted out of LA in similar circumstances.

3rd point: And LeBron isn't?

Pippen was a superstar, if anything, he was more effective than today's Wade for the team at the moment. Also Rodman is the king of rebounds of all-time. That aside, of course he was fuckin superior to Bosh. God, I can't believe I'm comparing Bosh and Rodman right now.. and for God's sake, how could any player need even more superstars by his side? Why would he quit such an IMMENSE team? Anyways, no, I won't say LeBron is better than MJ but to say he is uncomparably worse than MJ is just harsh.

Oh gosh, a lot of misunderstanding in here!

My main point is: no one is comparable to Michael Jordan. There wasn't, there isn't and there won't ever be (well, who knows this one :LOL:) a player like MJ. No one is saying James is worse than him because there's absolutely no comparison in here. LeBron is amazing, fantastic, I have no words to describe the Akron guy but MJ was a special player. This is just my opinion, probably an opinion shared by 80% of basketball fan nation, although I respect other different views.

And yes Stuart, I'm afraid to argue your point (as I said before I respect it) but LeBron quitted Cleveland in that game against the C's. I like the Cavs a lot, they are kind of my second team in NBA, but it was too clear for me that he threw it away in that precise moment. Ok, he had a rough night but it's unacceptable the attitude he showed in some moments of the game, especially in the final seconds. You may lose although you are obligated to bring commitment and effort to your team always, ALWAYS.
Oh I not complaining about the "superstars policy", as matter of fact, and if you read my posts, I frankly wish that CP3 joins forces with STAT and Melo at NYC. :BOP:

@ Kanouté, Well, my post wasn't suppose to compare Pippen/Rodman to Wade/Bosh (although, imo, may be different from yours, Wade is better than Pippen. I agree with you on Rodman though). My point was, imagine a top5 NBA players. In that top5 you will probably find LJ and D-Wade (I don't consider Bosh a top10 at all). Do the same exercise for MJ era. Yes, you won't figure out Rodman or Pippen in that list. This is one more point in favour of MJ, he didn't need another top5 player to win several rings. And the Cavs team wasn't bad at all, in matter of fact they were the best team of regular season. ;)

18, so I'm obviously aware of Michael Jordan.

I asked that question because many people, especially youger people, when they think of MJ they remember the 2nd threepeat Jordan, from 95-98, and many don't seem to understand how much of a beast he was in the late 80's.

If you put that Jordan in todays NBA... He'd break all records...

I've become all about my basketball the past few years so I've definitely looked back amongst the 'modern' greats.

MJ was some levels ahead of any other player. Lebron, though being a great player, can't even be compared to him. Period. Stop the herecy! :RANT:

This long wait between games is bloody frustrating!

The NBA didn't learn anything from last year.

MJ was some levels ahead of any other player. Lebron, though being a great player, can't even be compared to him. Period. Stop the herecy! :RANT:

Oh, why you're doin this?! The discussion was apparently over anyway. Everyone has his own opinion. Just stop provocating with these kind of posts, please.

Oh, why you're doin this?! The discussion was apparently over anyway. Everyone has his own opinion. Just stop provocating with these kind of posts, please.

I thought this was a forum and I could put my oppinion in it. Pippen was the one who compared them both in first place and I wanted to put my oppinion, if you allow me to.

By the way: "stop provocating with these kind of posts" it's a very ridiculous statement considering I've never been provocative in this thread, nor my post is provocative.

He means provoking... not that your words are inappropriate . ;) by the way MJ trophiesssss Le Bron 1 trophy .

I thought this was a forum and I could put my oppinion in it. Pippen was the one who compared them both in first place and I wanted to put my oppinion, if you allow me to.

Well, I think that the combination of the two posts above could actually be a self-criticism, more than a senseless answer directed at me. ;) It ain't herecy or anything, dude, it's just a forum where you always have the possibility of encountering with different opinions and also some people who can't take it and go mad. "Stop the herecy! :RANT:" Alright, sir. :YAWN:

I ain't a LeBron fan or MJ hater(never) but the guys like you make me support LeBron's side even in a comparison like this somehow. Congratulations.

By the way: "stop provocating with these kind of posts" it's a very ridiculous statement considering I've never been provocative in this thread, nor my post is provocative.

Seemingly you just don't have the sense of empathy. Of course, that was provocating (to me, at least).

Well, I think that the combination of the two posts above could actually be a self-criticism, more than a senseless answer directed at me. ;) It ain't herecy or anything, dude, it's just a forum where you always have the possibility of encountering with different opinions and also some people who can't take it and go mad. "Stop the herecy! :RANT:" Alright, sir. :YAWN:

I ain't a LeBron fan or MJ hater(never) but the guys like you make me support LeBron's side even in a comparison like this somehow. Congratulations.

Seemingly you just don't have the sense of empathy. Of course, that was provocating (to me, at least).

Stop the herecy was meant to sound a bit humourous, so I beg your pardon if it didn't seem like that. It's obvious you can't take this things seriously as an "herecy", or at least it was to me. And maybe my english knowledge is not good enoug to distinguish words like "provocative". What I know is that my post was nothing out of the ordinary and in my oppinion you overreacted.

About Lebron, I stated many times in this thread that my hate for him is based merely on things I read time ago: proclaiming himself "the king", having a tattoo in his body with those words, a kind of megalomaniac atttittude (he had THE KING written at his house also) and things like that. So it may be irrational or unfair, but I feel it like this.

MJ was great not only for what he did inside the pitch. One of the most ignored things about him is how he commanded a revolution. A media/management revolution and the way stars were created and treated. It's known how he went to his brand sponsor and asked for 10x times the usual fee. They rejected him offering small change. He broke the agreement and went to Nike. And what he did with them probably changed the way business are done in basketball. Nike understood what was at stake and put the money and the means. You say now the word "Air" and you understand how he changed the media around the league, for instance. And he automatically multiplied for 10 the ammount of money a star would get for his image. His manager was a very smart guy. And all was based on image and work. You play well, you keep engrossing your image.

So he was a monster inside and outside of the pitch. Truly a legend in all senses, someone who could star in a cartoon movie and at the same time score 60+ points in the playoffs.

Lebron is a genius, but he's only a great player. A very athletic one. But, rings appart, I can't see in Lebron the last step that turns him something different. The shining if you want to call it. It may be a guts thing, but he leaves me cold. And he leaves cold a lot more people. Something that never happened with MJ. Even Laimbeer has said he quietly admired him.

Thought the Finals were last night :CONF: Kept waking up & checking Twitter on my phone for score updates & it never cottoned on :LOL:

Also had several thought-patterns were the Heat had lost & I was visualizing the game, in a 'half-asleep' state :CONFUSE: I need a girlfriend.

funny discussion :D

lebron is one of the best players in the world today.
MJ was / is a legend - the worlds greatest so far and maybe for all time.
to reach the level of his airness it will be a long road even for a superstar like lebron.

Back
Top Bottom