NBA Thread

Hahaha yeah I love this guy! He's like a Portuguese version of me. :D Footy, basketball, crazy about sports and of course women too. ;)

PS: I didn't know that Toronto had a MLB team? I don't like Baseball (in fact I don't understand the game, maybe would like it if so, although I love the Yankees because of their hype :LOL:) but I caught a game in ESPN between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Toronto Blue Jays.

Yeah we do but like all other Toronto sport teams, they SUCK! :D :(

I'm not into baseball at all. Most boring thing ever imo but I did go watch them at Rogers Center a couple years back. Was interesting and kinda fun. Those days we had Roy Halladay as our pitcher! Now he's with Phillies... anyway back on topic.... Drekkard, yes Calderon has had inconsistency problems over the past couple years and unfortunately isn't the same player he once was. For me the guy's a legend though and he's a legend here. He has the record for most assists. Over a 1000 or something I forget. When on form, he's a very good PG! His vision like you said and passing is like Xavi :D It's not about athleticism but about brains, I love watching him play but sadly he's not same anymore. I wouldn't wanna see him leave and yes TsO I'd most certainly like to see Barbosa stay.

Not too optimistic about Raptors in general though and I don't know what's gonna be happening. I follow basketball and NBA to a small degree where I'm like a 'casual' fan, I know some players and watch some games, etc. but quite the opposite of Footy which is what I have a PhD in lol so don't know what the future plans are but I wouldn't expect us to do much different than we normally do sadly. :/

Amir Johnson's been a good acquisition though, seen him a few times and he's a good player.

settle down TSO you already have footy threads mixed w/ NBA already leave basebol alone :LOL:

i haven't a clue about Baseball beboq so don't expect me to go comment in MLB Thread. :LOL:

By the way, I recently found two caps of American teams in my old childhood stuff. These teams are the Cleveland Indians and San Francisco 49ers. I guess my parents bought them because they the color is red like Benfica. :P Anyway, just a few months ago I realised that the Indians were a MLB team. So Go Yankees and Go Indians!

Hahaha yeah I love this guy! He's like a Portuguese version of me. :D Footy, basketball, crazy about sports and of course women too. ;))

Hahaha I love you too man (in a good way, right :LOL:). Sports & Women - that's a matter of taste my friend and you surely have a good one. ;))

I can't agree with you in one thing. Toronto teams don't suck, at least the Maple Leafs. They have a great history full of titles and honours, unfortunately they have been struggling in those years but surely they'll gonna comeback, biggest brand in NHL, Leafs just need organization and competent people to rule the team as the Lightning did last year when they took a very good Manager staff into Tampa Bay.

:LOL: I'm still to get my PhD in Baskball. As you see I've completely failed in this round predictions (damn you Miami; damn you Dallas, don't mind the Lakers lost though hehe). However my X-factor points were spotted on. :P

Last edited:
Baseball.... oh, yeah, Joe Montana and Fred "fridge" Perry.

American Football... oh, Joe di Maggio?

Really, NBA is the only american sport I can endure. And I love it. I have been growing fond of the knicks because of you, TSO. When they won I think "well, at least one of his favorite teams has done something today!". Joking, you know it. I appreciate you a lot (don't tell anybody, though, I have a reputation).

What`s the latest Gasol and Kobe having problems (over a bird or wife ),sounds like Kobe n Shaq again innit.

Gasol adds:

She [Lopez Castro] was suffering because she saw me suffering. And I was suffering because I was seeing her suffering. When you add that to other stuff to what's already happening, it's tough.

Where's the full story, Beboq, I didn't know about it! Kobe has been saying positive things since last week, though, sating this team is able to compete again.

Chicago's ball movement and defense is awesome.

NBA Finals = Bulls vs Mavs.

Also Bynum should have got a ten game ban, its not the first time he's done that this season.

Last edited:
Where's the full story, Beboq, I didn't know about it! Kobe has been saying positive things since last week, though, sating this team is able to compete again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6522942

it`s all rumors, story doesn`t have legs to stand on....but LA! and their backroom drama is very suspect. I believe Kobe`s Wife n Gasol`s girlfriend had issues and Kobe n Gasol maybe took offensive . Most fans rather keep Gasol and rid of kobe "Bynum" :LOL:

Oh I se... I really think LA should start constructing a new team. But the awful contracts they did with Artest, Fisher, Barnes and Brown may make it difficult. I wouldn't mind Gasol going to another team, it's LA who would loose more if that happens (in my oppinion).

No one in the world can guard Dirk though...

plus the match ups favour Dallas so I crown the Dallas Mavericks as the champions. :COAT:

Great Bulls! They won as a team! The Gibson dunk was indeed brutal!

Once the Bulls lost the initial nervous state and stopped doing turnovers, the Heat looked maybe what they are: a collection of 3 incredibly gifted players surrounded by other guys and something that seems like a coach. The Heat need to raise up their intensity and move the ball a little in offense. Bosh was great, but that's all they did.

Fantastic Thibodeau!

Gotta love the Bulls passion, led by Noah rebounds.
I thought Miami D was pretty good until they had to use their bench 'depth' but that series could be something else, I'm not that excited about Bulls just yet, that was not a typical game, Bosh wasnt being this good, Wade and Lebron had been better, but if the Heat insists on inside game they are screwed.
I hope the Mavs win the West Coast, cause they could be the anti-Bulls/Heat and we can have epic finals.
But I'm with the Bulls all the way :D I just want spetacular finals like in the glory days.

Oh I might watch all games if the timezone let me :ZZZ: at least Brazil got good coverage in the finals.

Last edited:
I watch the matches arpund 3:oo AM here. I must love NBA now that I think of it.

Miami has been abusing the drive-ins during all the playoffs. It worked against a weak 76ers and worked again vs an aged, out of form and strangely disjointed Celtics. But Chicago knew the lesson. They populated the paint, did a lot of D help and tried to block the entry to Wade and Lebron for almost all the game.

Deng was impressive in his deffense, and Noah and Gibson did a great job of channeling the Miami Heat towards Bosh. Miami didn't find it's game and they shortcircuited in the 2nd half.

Let's see how both coaches react to this game. So far has been the best season in the century for me.

YouTube - Taj Gibson DUNKS ON D-WADE'S GRILL!!!!

YouTube - Taj Gibson Sledgehammer Dunk vs Heat 5/15/2011

Dear Heat:

9bj3vn.gif

:)

At least D Wade tried to block it, still :SHOCK:

I watch the matches arpund 3:oo AM here. I must love NBA now that I think of it.

Miami has been abusing the drive-ins during all the playoffs. It worked against a weak 76ers and worked again vs an aged, out of form and strangely disjointed Celtics. But Chicago knew the lesson. They populated the paint, did a lot of D help and tried to block the entry to Wade and Lebron for almost all the game.

Deng was impressive in his deffense, and Noah and Gibson did a great job of channeling the Miami Heat towards Bosh. Miami didn't find it's game and they shortcircuited in the 2nd half.

Let's see how both coaches react to this game. So far has been the best season in the century for me.
I saw him play a few times at Gainesville both of my cousin went to school there at the time I just thought he was a hyper big hair dude :LOL: I tell ya what he was loved at the school. Everybody giving him hugs n kisses walking around campus.He was outstanding last night.

Glad the Cavaliers got the 1st pick in the Draft. Hopefully they have a good team soon after losing LeChoke and that whole fiasco.

How many OKC players tried to defend Dirk the Great last night? I counted six.

James Harden and Nick Collision tried to defend him in addition to the starting line up minus Westbrook.

Last edited:
OKL did well , but Mavericks are like skinny cows trying to get back to being fat. Their hunger is like no other atm.

Some very bad decisions by Rose and Deng in the last quarter and a big Lebron (god I hate him!!!!!!!) decided the match. Impressive Udonis Hasleem in the paint on both ends of the court.

Back
Top Bottom