NBA Thread

Westbrook needs to sort out those turnovers, they could do with a pass first PG.

Memphis will win this in six because OKC's bigs offer no offensive threat whatsoever.

I don't want Miami to win, specially because I hate Lebron. But they're so good I can't see anyone stopping them until they face the Bulls (if they make it to the Conference final). Wade is class and Bosh a better player than we all thought (or at least I thought).

I don't want Miami to win, specially because I hate Lebron. But they're so good I can't see anyone stopping them until they face the Bulls (if they make it to the Conference final). Wade is class and Bosh a better player than we all thought (or at least I thought).

+1

It's sad to see all my predictions going wrong at the moment (although OKC-MEM showed my X-factor is the right one). Sorry Charles, you're still the man.

0429-charles-barkley-526a.jpg

That was turrible!

Dallas beating L.A.! That was unexpected. Seems like LA cycle has ended, as well as the Celtics one... The bulls tied the series, but they need a little more to come back to it's peak.

I DISLIKE the West .... they had their dominance .EASTSIDE all day!!!Only person I feel for is Garnett he stood at his club for such a long time he gave all he could to Timbers and I won`t be mad about them lifting the cup.From highschool through n through the boy is loyal and was glad for him to lay for a club who has a chance to fight fot the championship.

Game 3 - Chicago Bulls 99-82 Atlanta Hawks
Derrick Rose 44 pts 7 assists 5 rebounds - Playoff Career High

Outstanding performance. :WORSHIP:

Get your brooms ready, I see a sweep in the not too distant future.

Sorry Drekkard, I hate the Lakers.

Rose MVP at 22 :CONFUSE: Is that why Drekkard likes the Bulls , because the black Messi of NBA :LOL:

Drekkard Like Celtic and Lakers!

As a Suns fan I'm in no position to judge but screw it

294335319.jpg

11 is the magic number sorry Phil ! This Dallas owner is a bit of a nutter he was great in entourage does look like an old turtle :LOL:

Dirk has been with Dallas like forever really only player I recognize . I like Dirk I really dislike the state of Texas such a flat state. No Hills and loads of undocumented workers I kid about the hills bit :LOL:

WOW That was nice Mavs! I didnt saw a single playoff game of Lakers, apparently some guys lost their temper, Kobe was trying too hard.
Well short live to the super teams, with salaries close to the hard cap, but we could say Dallas is one of those too.

I'm hoping for a Bulls vs. Anyother West Coast fresh teams left :)

Oh I saw the Celtics yesterday, one arm Rondo was class! I hope the Cs can tight things up to the Heat.
I'm also definitely watching the Bulls tonite, coverage been pretty decent here in the playoffs.

But next season I want these super teams over, Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland and company could use some stars.

Dirk has been with Dallas like forever really only player I recognize . I like Dirk I really dislike the state of Texas such a flat state. No Hills and loads of undocumented workers I kid about the hills bit :LOL:

I like Dallas, wouldn't mind if they win the title. ;)

By the way, you Orlando fan, what you think about loosing the Superman to the Lakers? The guys are talking about an eventual trade involving Gasol,Bynum and Artest to Howard and Arenas.

Yea, I don't like this superfriends current policy in NBA but one thing is sure: the show is higher in the Playoffs!

Oh, and if the Knicks could land CP3... :BOP:

Orlando is a team that makes it to the races ,but never could finish. I thought Miami was going to be the best team, when Alonso Mourning came to Miami I remember the city thought the Heat was going to be bigger than Miami Vice :LOL: .

Well in Orlando they had Penny n Shaq and were on fire. Then , Shawn Kemp 20 stone heavier came in :LOL: Then Tracey came in and Orlando suffered. No leadership.... The best years were when the called "goggles" came horace I think from the Bulls. He brought loads of experience and made the team better so Gasol coming will bring that. It seems like Orlando makes players into stars then want to go to Hollywood. Orlando has a very Old squad ,but in the bad way . My best Orlando player was Nick Anderson he was Orlando thru -n- thru.

Well the unknowns at Atlanta did it tonight, although Boozer did aaight!

Last edited:
I think the Hawks are going to win this series, D Rose is also taking too many shots.

what you think about loosing the Superman to the Lakers? The guys are talking about an eventual trade involving Gasol,Bynum and Artest to Howard and Arenas.
Please no :TTTH: Howard is a pretty awesome guy, we all know he is after the ring, but common, enough with these teams.

Oh, and if the Knicks could land CP3... :BOP:

Double please no :TTTH: :TTTH:

You kinda of have a point about the show and about legendary teams, but I just think it sucks to see teams like the Kings, the Raptors etc.

Hey, I'm in fact a fan of Gasol, not exactly the lakers... I mean, I hate everything surrounding the Lakers and that hollywood stars always there, etc... But I watched a lot of Gasol playing when he was 15 and then making it to Barcelona first team, winning a lot in Europe and jumping to the NBA. And being in the all-stars and winning 2 rings... Who would have said so from this skinny guy! He was extremely skilled but only a white catalan boy from the suburbs of our city?

I mean, if Gasol goes to Orlando, I will become an Orlando fan next season! That makes me a bit like those asiatic football fans that are fans of the star players, not the clubs.

Actually I'm a fan of Celtics since I watched Bird, McHale and Parrish back in the 80s. I have shirts and even basketball boots of the 80s with the celtics logo!

Dallas totally trashed the Lakers! 20/30 3 pointers! You can't beat that. It shows 2 things: what an incredible perimeter that Dallas has and what a shitty perimeter deffense Lakers have.

A lot of people criticizing Gasol now. Some of the critics are right, he is lacking energy lately. But on the other side, the perimeter deffense has been absolutely ashaming. Guys like Fisher, Artest and Bryant have been at their worse deffending ever! You can't blame a guy or two, but the entire team. And Phil Jackson has been utterly poor in the whole playoffs. Never finding a way to play as a team.

The west conference final will be great. I have lots of doubts about the Bulls right now. They are depending too much on Rose, and Boozer and Deng should take a step forward.

Last edited:
I remember quite well that Orlando team Bebo, played a lot with them in my first Basketball game NBA Live 99 :LOL: Magic almost signed Tim Duncan that time, it would be demolishing.

@ sauce, well amigo, few months ago, back in August when LeBum Bum signed with Los Heat I criticized the "Superfriends" vanguard a lot. Today, I must say that my opinion have changed.

You have three ways to build a team:
1. Free Agency
2. Trades
3. Draft

After choosing your method(s) General Managers take the next step: what kind of team do we want? And what kind of team can we build? Then you have two hypotheses:
1. Sign Superstars + a couple of role players or minimum veterans
2. Construct an homogeneous team with possible one All-Star

If you opt for the first one your team will be a copy of the Heat or a Knicks' project.
If you go for the second one your team will be Memphis or Oklahoma young brother.

As you can see, both policies have valid points. GM's task is to build a team according to their possibilities. Now, the question is: are small market franchises able to land Superstars like the ones in NY and LA used to do? My answer is NO. So they have to handle with what they have and be smart at the Draft night and all during the season trying to make good trades which can improve their quality. OKC and MEM are good examples of what I'm talking about.

To sum up, the fact your team plays in a small market town should be no excuse to your weaknesses, or owing to the fact that your franchise is from LA or CHI then the team is immediately a contender (I had plenty of nightmares when Isiah Thomas was in charge at NY!)

Perhaps my opinion went too biased because of Amar'e, Melo and CP3 (oh Gosh, I love Paul, he is my favourite player by far) but I strongly believe that small market franchises have to deal with the new thing and play with their cards.

And I love Gasol too drekkard. (In fact I'm Gasol bros lover!) Basically, I pretty agree with everything you pointed out. LA defense was so poor that I thought I was watching a Knicks game! They were very weak in inside game (I don't have the stats here but I'm pretty sure Dallas scored loads of points in the paint). JJ Barea has been immense during the POs, although yesterday the whole Mavs bench did a very good job (correct me if I'm wrong but I would swear that their bench scored more than the whole Lakers team).

Bulls are going to win the series. D Rose should be enough to the beboq "unknown" Atlanta (yea mate, no one takes them too serious). :LOL:

Last edited:
Well Miami does it again :BOP: 3-1 ...To think a few years ago they couldn`t get ppl in that stadium even w/ a free whopper coupon .

Nice posts guys especially TsO this last one I really enjoyed and agree with.

Well Raptors are shit though not a bad brand.. apparently 10th best in NBA which isn't that bad lol.. and as a city at least, Toronto can bring in the best and compete because it's one of the world's best cities but tradition/history... all that other stuff is lacking plus it's COLD! :LOL:

drekkard, how do you like our Jose Calderon? I didn't know Gasol was Catalan. I'm guessing Jose isn't. Is he?

Nice posts guys especially TsO this last one I really enjoyed and agree with.

Well Raptors are shit though not a bad brand.. apparently 10th best in NBA which isn't that bad lol.. and as a city at least, Toronto can bring in the best and compete because it's one of the world's best cities but tradition/history... all that other stuff is lacking plus it's COLD! :LOL:

drekkard, how do you like our Jose Calderon? I didn't know Gasol was Catalan. I'm guessing Jose isn't. Is he?

Well, Gasol brothers are from El Prat, a suburb of Barcelona. They were raised in the youth accademy of Barcelona.

Calderon is from a very different region of Spain, from Extremadura. I haven't watched much of him lately, but from what I read/watch he's been through a lot of injuries in the last 2 seasons and that has had a big impact in his play. He has lost consistency. He's able of doing great matches but lacks a little more confidance (and probably lacks great teammates too). His shooting has been too unconsistent lately. He even misses free throws now!

Calde (they call it like that sometimes) is one of those typical european PGs, with a lot of influence to the teamplay and with good passing abilities, but not with big numbers. His contribution to the team is a lot more based in vision and mentality than in athletic abbilities. I'm not sure if this is that good in the nba. You need the right team around you.

I think Jose would perform much better if he was surrounded by players like the Grizzlies squad. A lot of ball movement, distributed attacks, etc...

How does the future of Toronto look like? Will they trade anyone? I always thought they were going to trade Calderon, but after a lot of PGs went through the franchise, he's been always there at the end.

Well Special One, are you sure you are noth biased towards your big three :P If it is going to happen.

The thing I criticize the most is the salary cap, Lakers is 91 mil while Kings is 44, I know it is a Kings choice, but Bulls for example is 55.
I mean Bulls clearly had great decisions, but Lakers can go near the Hard Cap to make their team. So in theory they could have bad decisions over and over again, but keep signing big guys until they get it right.
In the end that does not make much of a difference cause there are lots of average players with top salaries.
But the whole idea of the cap loses its purpose, I think it should make it difficult to make super teams, but meh I dont really know the rules of it, so maybe I'm wrong.

I think a lot of Raps' future depends on the Draft lottery. In theory Toronto has a very good chance in getting an high pick. Saying that if they had the opportunity to get Kyrie Irving, which is expected to be selected in 2nd place, then they should trade Calde to somewhere else and build the team around the Duke kid at the time they take some pieces from other teams. If you win the lottery then you have to select Derrick Williams, in my opinion, the best player of this year's Draft, the one who is presumably going to be a star (Irving is also good but my expectations are a bit lower). The Shooting Foward from the Arizona School is the type of guy who likes to get the ball and drive into the rim as the typical Point Guards used to do, although being a SF. He is a very versatile guy, defends well but is a bit slim for SF standards. He is also a long range shooter. So with that type of guy in your team you surely need a great passer in the backcourt so is Calde to do the job.

Raptors also should look at Free Agency market. I don't know exactly which players are available this year but an improve in the Center position is an welcome add. Unfortunately, as you should know, finding a good C is hard as win the Euromillions lottery, and those ones who are available usually are overpaid due the lack of good players in that particular position.

Oh and please, re-sign Leandrinho, you just can't lose that guy! (well, if you I don't mind I could take him to the Big Apple) :LOL:

Yea sauce I know I'm being biased by the hypothetical fact of form my own Big Three in NYC (perhaps it's just a pipe-dream, perhaps not, we'll see). But my point is that the cap don't influence in winning rings at all, although helps a little bit must say. And remind, the Bulls cap is lower than some of other teams but is certainly increasing around 2012/2013 when Rose current contract from his rookie time ends. Then they will have to pay big to the 2011 MVP. About the Lakers, I'm still to realise how is that possible! I wished to know a little more about cap rules but unfortunately I just know the basics. The Lakers have plenty of contracts to work with. Somehow they can even manage to bring Howard and Williams/CP3 in 2012 by trading slots. It's incredible the fee of the luxurious tax they are currently paying, and they are paying, as you said, for some average players like Luke Walton or Steve Blake.

By the way, have you guys already seen the new Wizs jerseys? Bullets old times are back!

topstory_670b_051011.jpg

PS: I didn't know that Toronto had a MLB team? I don't like Baseball (in fact I don't understand the game, maybe would like it if so, although I love the Yankees because of their hype :LOL:) but I caught a game in ESPN between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Toronto Blue Jays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom