NBA Thread

I catched a couple of Uconn games too and yep Kemba is very impressive, unfortunately I didn't saw Kyrie either, most games I saw were of Kentucky.
In the draft class I'm using in 2K11 Terrence Jones is one of the best picks, but I think I liked Brandon Knight a bit more, but he did shined more in the games, and we all know thats relative, specially near the end.

About Warriors it is my team in 2K11, you could say I'm a fan in real life too but I barely watch west coast games, the games are way too late, and the coverage in Brazil is bad in the regular season specially for a team like Warriors, I tought about gettin the league pass, but in the post season ESPN compensates with fantastic coverage so I have not bothered it.
I followed the Warriors with a lot effort, trying to watch videos and stuff, but its not enough to give a valid opinion, although I'll give it anyway, injuries really messed them up, Biedrins struggled a lot, and seems like they play no D, scores are always high but they still loose in the end, a bit like NY.

Lads, just wanted to share it with you who resort to search around the internet to find a decent stream every night to watch the games that last days of the season are free on league pass.

Go http://ilp.nba.com and sign up!

The Bulls are now 60-20 - what a great run seeing off the Celtics, Cavs and Magic in the past few weeks!

We have the Knicks tomorrow, should be an awesome display!

Wow, Knicks-Bulls tonight! Yeah the Bulls are in an amazing shape, it's been such a surprise for me that you have 60-20 record. I would never imagined you will be the Eastern top seed at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately tonight's game shouldn't exciting as it would suppose to be because position are all set in the East so they will only play for pride (which isn't little). Anyway, I gonna see this with my free League Pass. :P

Great start for us in the opening match.

Hoping we really push on and try to get in the finals. Who knows, we're on a run!

You've just saved my day tobi. Knicks, Celtics at League Pass wow baby!

Interesting games so far. Bulls bouncing back, Hornets, Grizz upsets and much more still to come this night.

Rose and CP3 were absolutely magnificent. :WORSHIP:

NBA Rule # 12 – Personal Foul - Personal fouls consist of many forms of physical contact between players. These include such things as shouldering or pushing a player, striking a player, intentionally tripping a player, or holding a player.

YouTube - 103 2293

:NONO:

A couple of dodgy decisions by the refs near the end, but the Knicks blew it. Carmelo took so many dumb shots. Amare was playing very well and suddenly he doesnt get the ball anymore...

Yea you're right. The ref helped but certainly the Knicks blew it themselves. Melo 5-18 FG. :RANT: Look, Amar'e has been so clutch during the 2nd half and suddenly he didn't get any ball in the last 2 minutes! I hope Mike D'Antoni fix some aspects for game 2.

The Thunder-Nuggets had also some bad calls.

NBA Statement

"Kendrick Perkins was improperly credited with a basket that should have been ruled offensive basket interference with 1:05 remaining in last night's game. Although a player is permitted to touch the net while the ball is in the cylinder above the rim, Perkins also touched the ball while it was still in the cylinder which is a violation and constitutes goaltending."

They trade for Brewer just to get rid of Curry's contract in order to sign Melo. But yea, the guy could have been useful for us, he play great D although you know D'Antoni doesn't use to defend.

This serie has been so close so far. We had a chance to win the first two games at Boston but things were too little too short, a mix of unlucky, bad choices and inexperienced. In game 3 we were awful, NY back to those horrible matches we had just when Melo arrived. It was disgusting to see how bad defense was. Plus, without Chauncey and a fit Amar'e the chances decreased a lot.

Let's wait and see what happens at game 4. I feel we are going to be the only team to get a sweep.

Hey Donnie Walsh, next season trade Spike Lee for CP3 please!

Last edited:
Shame on his knees! He could have been even better than he is.

Anyone following Thunder-Nuggets? When people thought this is going to be THE series of the POs here comes the Westbrook & Durant combo to dismiss opinions. These guys are playing extremely well! Don't ask me why but I think OKC is going to shock the World and win the title. :COOL:

:)) Its just like Goran Dragic last year in the playoffs vs San Antonio. Its a shame he didn't progress this season.

YouTube - Goran Dragic Historical Performance Vs Spurs 23 Point 4th Quarter Round 2 Game 3

Great end to the Heat - 76ers game, don't know what Lebron was doing though, didn't look like they ran a play.

@WilIFerrell Will Ferrell
#CelebPerfumes: "RingLess" by Lebron "Lebrick" James

:D

I remember when the Suns defense was bad, Coach Gentry made everyone accountable and now were a semi decent defensive team (mid table in 09/10). The Knicks defense is just horrible.

Last edited:
29th April 2001
Air Canada Center
New York 97-89 Toronto

tumblr_lk6hdrOK7n1qzb7vjo1_250.gif

Ten years. Zero playoff wins.

Great picture, special! I watched the game and it's great how reality again and again makes you learn. When you think that skill and athlethism and clutch may decide a playoff like the Memphis-Spurs, then suddenly you see someone like Tony Allen and wonder how important that guy was in the plan. He stole lots of balls, deffended marvelously and had some points.

But specially in the hard times of the match, he lifted the team with actions full of energy and determination. Then Randolph made his usual shots to finnish the match.

It shows how often mentality is what makes a champion. The Spurs looked scared for most of the match, lost in some mental trick. Parker tried, but he was alone.

It may be the time for Duncan to retire. It's obvious he can't add what he would. He's been one of the best players there, but now could be a good time.

Anyone wants to make a kind of poll here about the next rounds?

Miami - Boston (Miami)
I hate them, but when the big 3 of Miami get into the flow, they're unstoppable. I wish Boston could stop them, but for some reason I think they aren't as strong as they are supposed. Maybe reality slaps me again.

Chicago - Atlanta (Chicago)
Maybe the more unbalanced matches. It won't be easy, but Chicago is a lot more consistent and defends a lot better that the Hawks. The good point for the hawks is that they're as far as anyone thought of them, so they have no thing to loose, and this sometimes frees the players.

Oklahoma - Memphis (Oklahoma)
It's tighter than it seems, but if Durant and Westbrook are fit, they can destroy Memphis from the mid range. The memphis, just like the Hawks, have nothing to lose and are playing great as a team since Gay injury, so maybe we have surprises here too...

Lakers - Dallas (who knows!)
An absolutely level round for me. Both teams have consistency problems and can win or loose 20 points in 5 minutes. So, who knows. It will depend greatly on the paint. If Bynum and Gasol can play there, it will go to the Lakers. If the Mavs succeed on closing the zone and are right from the perimeter, they could claim their place at the top of the conference.

I quite agree with everything you wrote drek.

Tony Allen is the kind of player any team would love to have: good defense, good ofensive, overall a very versatile player. He did great at Boston and he's doing better at Memphis.

Z-Bo just lifted Memphis over the Spurs in a fantastic playoff series. Good jump shot, good at posting up and a determined competitor with an immense soul.

The funniest thing (or should I say saddest?) is that when at NY Randolph produced zero, just like another PO machine this year, Jamal Crawford, who won the 6th man of the year award last season. He just killed them coming from the bench hitting jumpers, 3pts, making many assists and attacking the rim. Yet when both were Bockers they failed miserably. In 2007-2008 we won 23 games all year.... (remind that we also had Marbury and David Lee.

Oh, and Marc is stunning! Love the guy!

Anyone wants to make a kind of poll here about the next rounds?

I'm in!

Miami - Boston (BOS wins 4-2)
Goliath vs Goliath like ESPN said. Big Three against The Fab Four. Who's gonna make it? Los Amigos are doing what people were expecting from them: play for rings. After a slow season start the Beach Boys finally improve their game and appear as serious title contender. Meanwhile, Boston swept the Knicks, who were expected to gave more battle. Both teams were unstoppable in the first round. Apparently Miami are the favourites owing to LeBron, Wade and Bosh but are they enough to beat the old good Celtics? I don't think so. The Heat are still missing and effective point guard and a deeper bench. That is important in the playoffs. So my money at Boston.

The X-factor: Rajon Rondo and BOS bench. What is the main difference between Miami and Boston? PG and depth.

Chiacago - Atlanta (CHI wins 4-1)
Nothing much to say. D-Rose is more than enough to pass Atlanta's Horford, Johnson and Crawford. The Hawks did great against Orlando (I mean, Dwight Howard) but they are too little to beat the Bulls.

The X-factor: Derrick Rose who else?

Oklahoma - Memphis (OKC wins 4-1)
Sorry Memphis fans but your happiness is about to get over. The Thunder are my bet this year, they are going to shock the World making the finals and, who knows, win the title. Honestly, I can't see no one able to stop Durant-Westbrook combo. Therefore, Perkins provides a very strong inside game and he also can hit mid-range shots sometimes.

The X-factor: Game in the paint. Will Kendrick Perkins be able to stop Z-Bo and Marc Gasol? Do not depend to much on Durant and Westbrook is the key of this series. Of course they are more than enough to heat up things, as I said above, but if OKC stops MEM inside game then they will take a massive advantage.

Los Angeles Lakers - Dallas (LAL wins 4-3)
Tricky one. Unpredictable but I'm here to take a shot. So, the Oscar goes to... LA! Why the Lakers? Well, because they are the Lakers!!! A settled and experienced team, with 2 rings in a row and homecourt advantage. These are the reasons why I choose LA over Dallas. However, Dirk and co have a word to say in the series.

The X-factor: Kobe Bryant. Nothing more to add, just look what he did against NOH. MVP of the PO until now.

Last edited:
I really, really, really want Dallas to Beat LA but I reckon their going to get bullied and choke.

Looking forward to the OKC - Memphis series, I just hope ESPN show it.

Last edited:
Wow! Great win by the Grizzlies. Randolph and Gasol were amazing, as it was the entire team. Great work by the coach team. They are playing the best teamplay I can remember in a lot of time. Really, this playoffs have turned them into a beast (and the injury of Gay, that shows this team doesn't need a star like him).

The thunder were too focused on Durant and Westbrook, and deffense in the paint killed them. Now going to watch Miami-Boston!

Back
Top Bottom