NBA Thread

Well I'm not a real fan but I'm from Toronto so yeah if there's one team I do cheer for from time to time and watch most games from, it's our home team.

Bargnani has improved so much and Jose is still the man at times but at the end of day, there just isn't enough quality. DeRozan has his flashy moments but not consistent enough yet. The team has potential and I like Jay Triano but yeah being a Raptor isn't that rewarding. :P

Being a Knicks fan isn't properly rewarding too, at least over the last decade. :P

I've come to realize we'll never play great Defense under this coach. Lost to the Cavs :DOH: Anyway, I also like the Cleveland sports teams so I'm happy they won.

But what were you hoping for, if Melo and Stoudamire are, specifically, reknown bad defenders! The knicks have just throw half their team to Denver, so now it will all depend on your offensive power. It may work at long term to win some, but I don't see how this team can win a PO round to any of the top 6 teams right now.

The east has suddenly got incredibly crowded. My bets are now with the Bulls!

I forgot 'The Brazilian Blur'. :P

I like watching him. Very fast and a great 3-point shooter. I remember him playing against us with the Suns (I was there in stadium) and him and Shaq and Nash and Stoudamire killed us. It was a close game actually up until end.... this was a couple years back.

But what were you hoping for, if Melo and Stoudamire are, specifically, reknown bad defenders! The knicks have just throw half their team to Denver, so now it will all depend on your offensive power. It may work at long term to win some, but I don't see how this team can win a PO round to any of the top 6 teams right now.

The east has suddenly got incredibly crowded. My bets are now with the Bulls!

All we need is a big man with good defense specs. Rumours appointing Jared Jeffries as the next to come but I don't sure if the Giraffe is the right man - well, right now, there's no big man available to play for the Knicks only if Marcus Camby or Troy Murphy get buy out, with the last one eyeing a possible move to Boston. :BORED:

Yes, everyone knew Amar'e and Melo are bad defenders but they only had 2 games and 1 practise together so they had no time to gel. However, my point is, Mike D'Antoni seems to be average at training defense. Correct me if I'm wrong (and Tobi could correct me in this one) the Suns under MDA command were one of the worst teams in the whole NBA (if not the worst). Knicks were defensively poor before the blockbuster trade and now, without practice, they are even poor. It's time to get back to the training camp.

We know Knicks aren't Champions material. We are still rebuilding (how many times did you hear this word?). The only thing we can aspire is to eventual upset the Magic (we need to take the 5th place and I think, with time, we will be better than them). If we get the Bulls in the PO then... err... home. :(

Anyway, MDA, Dolan and Walsh are far more concerned in the "bring another superstar to NYC" thing. We are over the cap for 2011 and the hopes are to reduce contracts to 2012. I don't know how those guys are going to do it but they are really working on CP3. Personally, I think we should go after some role players and then, praying for Paul. Note that we only have 2 players under contract after 2012 - Amar'e and Melo.

I forgot 'The Brazilian Blur'. :P

I like watching him. Very fast and a great 3-point shooter. I remember him playing against us with the Suns (I was there in stadium) and him and Shaq and Nash and Stoudamire killed us. It was a close game actually up until end.... this was a couple years back.

Oh yeah Leandrinho Barbosa. :D This guy has such an energy! I love him. Actually, there are very good Brazilian players in the game: Nene, Varejão, Tiago Splitter, etc.

Those Suns were scaring. I used to play with them in the 2k. :P

It must be a pleasure to watch a live NBA game. I wish to be at the Garden someday. :)

Yeah it was a pretty good experience.

The basketball, the music, atmosphere, the cheerleaders :P... everything!

Can't believe we traded Beep Beep for Hedo:DOH:

The Knicks played well last night, solid defense too!

Don't look now but I think we have a very good chance of getting the 8th spot.

I'm going with the Bulls to win the East and D Rose for MVP. His speed and crossover are borderline illegal but that hop is just instant KO. All that's left for him is to improve his vision and he'll be near perfect.

Steve Nash may no longer be the best PG in the league but his vision/passing is second to none.

Last edited:
I certainly am impressed, he is more clutch than Lebron. :P

Deron Williams has 47 assists in his first three games with the Nets. Amazing.

The Heat continue to struggle against top teams. Is this team suppose to beat the likes of Boston or Chicago? I wouldn't mind if they get Knicks in the PO.
This guy almost cried at the press conference.
YouTube - Chris Bosh Post Game Conference After Loss - Magic @ Heat 3/3/2011

And this one continues to talk shit.
1299228176_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Things aren't good with these two.
33dxcas.jpg

:LOL:

Last edited:
Wow, I was watching the match and fell sleep when Miami was 24 up half through the match. Then I wake up in the last minute and they lost! It's just amazing to watch NBA like this, everytime you open your eyes between sweet dreams, the score is so absurdly different to the last time!

Hahhaa that GIF is amazing! :LMAO:

And it does look like Bosh was about to almost cry in that press conference lol. So frustrated and out of answers.... let's see how they do tonight against Spurs.

I'm getting nostalgic here but you guys remember around a decade ago, when we had Vince F'n Carter in his prime!! And T-mac and to go with it too.

Raptors were GOOD to f'n watch back then. One of the more entertaining teams. Highlight-reel dunks every single game! It was a SHOW!

I guess you're talking about the 99/00 roster: (after a brief search I found this)
Muggsy Bogues, Dee Brown, Vince Carter, Doug Christie, Dell Curry, Antonio Davis, Tracy McGrady, Charles Oakley, John Thomas, Alvin Williams, Kevin Willis.

This Raptors team is in my memories mate coz it was one of my favourite teams in NBA Live 2000 just behind the Latrell Sprewell, Pat Ewing and Allan Houston Knickerbockers. I took almost a decade to go back to basketball games (thanks 2k sports :) ). After 2001/2002 both teams went downhill, especially the Knicks.

A mix of good and bad memories. ;)

Yup that one, Dell Curry was an average player but phenomenal in 3 point shooting.

Lil Muggsy hahah .. remember him? Shortest guy I remember in NBA! Very agile, quick.

Alvin Williams at PG, I liked him but he was inconsistent.

I must admit I'm loving beating the Heat twice in the last few weeks.

I'm impressed with what Thibodeau has done with the team and I'm really happy with our 43-18 record.

The Bulls are on the verge to be the eastern top seed. Good coach, a truly superstar player working for the team and a settled franchise. Very very good job. However, when it comes to the PO I think the C's are going to take their thunder as East best team. The experience they have and the depth of the bench (the Bulls also have depth but C's one is better IMO) will lead them to the finals.

About the Heat, err, no words. They are still looking for something...
e9691h.gif

By the way, I hope CP3 is fine. :)

I'm getting nostalgic here but you guys remember around a decade ago, when we had Vince F'n Carter in his prime!! And T-mac and to go with it too.

Raptors were GOOD to f'n watch back then. One of the more entertaining teams. Highlight-reel dunks every single game! It was a SHOW!

I remember the cousins! T mac went to magic and was a star! then jogged off and Carter was a disaster this year....I`m a magic fan to a small degree I work in downtown Orlando now ... A shit City compare to Miami .

Yeah those two had crazy dunks! Very entertaining.

Vince came back with the nets couple years ago and single handedly KILLED us lol! Scored like 30 points or something and even a 3-pointer buzzershot winner lol... everybody was hating on him like crazy! lol

Anyway Heat took care of LA tonight. Great finish by Wade who got better of Bryant on several occasions near the end.
You can see how much it meant to the Miami players this win!

And when did Bibby go to heat?! So much for only 3 good players and no one else (no depth) argument. Mike's a good player. I didn't know he'd gone there.

Back
Top Bottom