NBA Thread

IMO McGee deserved it and Blake was the worst as everybody knows.

JaVale McGee delivered the entire JaVale McGee experience tonight. Insane creativity, ridiculous ambition, seven total dunked basketballs, a seeming lack of understanding of how basketball works, and a ton of missed dunks.

Unfortunately, Serge Ibaka’s toy rescue duplicated JaVale’s planned money-in-the-mouth dunk, or the final round could have been epic. JaVale was never going to win the popularity contest of the finals, and with the KIA and the gospel choir on hand, there was no way Blake Griffin wasn’t making the finals. Dick Bavetta was one of the five judges, right?

Unless McGee put on a Justin Bieber wig for his last attempt, he wasn’t pulling off a text-based upset. But he’s still the dunk champion in my heart. Now if he could devote the same amount of time to pick-and-roll defense and jump shots that he spends learning to dunk three basketballs at once, he might become a truly special player.

This was awesome!

YouTube - Slam Dunk Contest 2011: JaVale McGee Goes Baseline for the HUGE Reverse Windmill Dunk

Last edited:
Enjoyed the dunk contest this year, all four guys had some awesome dunks but when they opened it up to the public Blake was always going to win.

Totally agree with you boys, McGee was great, De Rozan and Ibaka were robbed and Griffin was the worst of all. It was one of the best competitions in the last decade.

and it was one of the most boring all-star games in the last decade, if not the worst. they even couldn't manage to make a single proper alley-oop and the same old shit kobe vs lebron stuff fucked the joy up once again. no need to mention Bieber. :COAT:

Yeah! Welcome to the Knicks Melo!
nba_melo_knicks_war.jpg

The deal:

Knicks: Anthony, starting point guard Chauncey Billups, backup point Anthony Carter, power forwards Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman (returning to the Knicks), and small forward Corey Brewer from the Timberwovles

Nuggets: Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 first-round draft pick, and additional picks and cash from the Knicks

Timberwolves: Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph from the Knicks

Yeah, feeling sorry not only for Felton but also for Gallo, Wilson and Moz, specially for the Russian who was getting the crowd. I will miss Gallo 3pt shoots but ok Chauncey is playing around. Felton, although not being an All-Star is a very very good player.

So, just one piece left for the big play: Chris Paul :COOL:

At least, these shit years are finally over.
YouTube - Night at the Starbury

Last edited:
At the moment the Knicks don't have enough cap space for CP3 or Deron Williams.

It won't be easy for sure but Donnie Walsh after the trade indicated that he pulled the trigger on the deal and said the Knicks will have cap room for another Max-Level player in 2012. Yet to be seen.

For God sake I hope Isiah prick isn't getting involved with the Knicks anymore.

Personally, I think the Knicks lost a lot in the trade. Melo is a very selfish player that won't make his teammates better in any way. He showed it by preferring to earn the millions now instead of going as a free agent in the summer. The toll that Knicks have had to pay makes them a very weak team. There is no bench at all, Billups is way past his peak and the only thing Melo will mean is less balls to Stoudamire.

Not sure about Deron or CP3 going there in a year. Things can change a lot and Knicks will continue to be a second dish in the east.

I think Denver wins a lot in the trade, they can create a good team now.

Sounds like Deron isn't happy with the trade, it's Utah's that is pulling the trigger.

The Nets owner did well though, making the Knicks overpay for Melo and then trade for a potential franchise player in the background. It'll be hard to get him to sign an extension after the CBA hits though.

The Nets will send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, two first-round draft picks and cash considerations to Utah for the All-Star point guard.

This is what I call OVERPAID. They've sent their best players plus cash and picks having a mediocre team right now. Who do they have in the roster? Travis Outlaw? Farmar? For God sake! The only one I would like to see in a Knick jersey is Humphries.

Anyway CP3 wants to go to the Knicks and I prefer him over D-Will. Let's wait until he does the 'Drama Queen' play trying to force a trade and it's possible the Hornets could blink on a deal for something like Chauncey's expiring contract and Landry Fields (oh I love this kid :(), Toney Douglas.

Last edited:
Favours wasn't pulling up any trees in New Jersey plus one can't deny that their upgrading in the PG department.

Billups is still a good player in my opinion. Not what he used to be but still quite useful and very experienced.

The league has gone into overdrive today, trades all over the place.

We traded Dragic and a pick for Aaron Brooks, disappointed Dragic never progressed this season, I'll always remember THAT game vs San Antonio.

Also the GM in OKC deserves credit for the team their building.

Last edited:
I'm tempted too and I'm only 10 games into my Memphis Association.

I'd go with OKC now that they have Perkinsat C and Nate will be a good spark off the bench.

Perkins and Nate to OKC?? Oh, what a good move. They're really a threat now! I just started a new Bulls association. Can't get tired of using Rose and Boozer. Plus, Noah is a beast in rebounds. One of the best teams to defend in the game. Plus, Deng can be a killer now and then. I snapped Stojakovic to the Mavericks in exchange of Korver. I could never get used to his shot signature.

Going to nba.com to see all the trades and watch the Chicago-Miami in 1-2 hours!

Woh I love deadlines! Just one month after the craziest football transfer deadline seeing the likes of Torres and Carroll switching sides now we had an even crazier NBA trade deadline with Melo to the Knicks, Perkins to OKC and D-Won't re-sign with the Nets, ups my bad, I mean, D-Will sign with the Nets.

Overall, the biggest winner of the day were the Suns. They have seen Jazz and Nuggets losing their big names which means they are in the pursuit of a PO spot.

Is the 2k11 update out there? It's been a while since playing it. Gonna make some noise with the Knicks when available. :D

The update will be out soon, 2K are waiting for some teams to waive players because some have reached the 15 player limit.

Going to nba.com to see all the trades

I just did that and there were actually more trades :CONFUSE:
Blazers got Wallace! One of my favorites in 2k11, I'm a beast with him cause he is too explosive for his matchups and a great defender, Portland association here I come... maybe I have so many options.

I was watching he game but fell asleep in the first quarter and woke up in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter... maybe I'm getting old becuase it happens all the time. Fortunately, I always wake up to see how it all ends.

Anyway, the bulls won and Bosh almost broke a record from 30 years: 1 out of 18 in field shots. The record was 1/22 from the 1973, I think they said. He almost did it!

Sorry, I just can't get enough on Bosh. :LOL:
2hwzg3n.jpg

Didn't know you were a Raptor Sina. Things aren't good for your side.

Gonna (try) watch Knicks vs Cavs. I sympathize with Cavs too so it will be hard to root against them. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom