NBA Thread

Basketball_dont_touchme.gif

Watched the Knicks going down at Indiana last night. Melo was very good, but there's no team there beyond him and Amaree (and Amaree is one of the worse defenders I've seen in a while). Chauncey needs to step up a little and get in form.

Have you watched the whole game? I felt asleep at the end of 3rd quarter so I haven't seen the 4th, which seem it was the best part of the match, at least according to what I've seen in the highlights.

Yes, unfortunately you're right. There's nothing new under Knicks sky. Amar'e, Melo, Billups (plus my fetiche player Fields :P) and a immense lack of valid choices. And when one of the stars didn't play great the scenario get's even worse, which was what happened last night with Amar'e. The guy got 3 faults just in the 1st quarter so D'Antoni needed to protected him for the last periods. Besides that he played awful defense (whose normal on him I must say). Tony Douglas is good backup player, so are Shawne Williams and Ronny Turiaf. The rest are crap which is little for an ambitious team. If you haven't a depth and quality roster you can't be a contender - that's why Denver are doing better than us after Melo's trade (although I still think the deal had to be done, my mind didn't change), they have a deeper squad full of solid players.

I think Chauncey still has not gotten the rhythm after the injury. He played very well in his first games as a Knick (especially that game in Miami) but after his produce went down. However, he's the last I would worry about. I'm more concern in adjust some defensive specs (in the 1st quarter we had 8 rebounds against 20 from Indiana!!! Could you believe that?) and sign (or at least try to) a decent C in the offseason. I would love to have Marc or DeAndre in the team but that seems impossible due cap restrictions (and we still don't what's going to happen in the new CBA).

The good news? This is not the unfinished product so we have plenty of time to build up.

By the way, I hate Granger and Hansbrough! :RANT:

Last edited:
Not watched thw hole match, but almost, I missed the 1st quarter, so between you and me we watched it entirely! Yes, I agree with everything you put there, let's hope the next movements make the Knicks a little bit more solid on deffense. Marc would fit perfectly there.

Both OKC and Miami didn't shoot well last night but OKC defended better for longer periods.

Also D Wade's dunk was filthy, almost as good as the dunk on Anderson Flopper Varejao last season.

Triple OT loss to those Lakers last night, tough defeat given the push for the 8th spot and I'm upset that ESPN UK didn't show the game too.

Also Vince Carter can piss off, waste of space and I may have been too harsh on Channing Frye.

Last edited:
I've watched 3rd, 4th quarter and the OTs. Don't you have NBA TV in the UK, tobi?

Probably the second best match I've seen this season after the Knicks victory at Miami. I like this Suns team! They bring such an energy and passion to the game. Plus, you have a deep bench and solid role players. Oh, and play D! (you know what I'm talking about!) Downing by +20 in the 3rd I never thought the Suns would be able to come back. It's good to see Gortat finally getting the highlights after being overshadow by Howard in Orlando. It's a shame a player like Nash won't win a single ring in his brilliant career.

I hope you get the 8th spot in the POs.

Steve Nash r0cks!
YouTube - Steve Nash AMAZING pass to Gortat. Lakers 3OT

Just one last note: I'm a big fan of Shannon Brown. He is the perfect model a role player should be. He made a sacrifice by taking less money and be a sub player at LA when he had the chance to go out to be a starting 5 player at somewhere else. Gotta respect that guy.

ESPN have the NBA rights in the UK, they do a pretty decent job but they don't show enough games.

Three/Four live games a week isn't enough, especially as I don't have League Pass this year.

Amazing pass btw.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for you each time I see the knicks going lower and lower... Really, I do! Chauncey and Amare can recover its peek form for the playoffs, though, then it will be different. Knicks are the only eastern playoff team to have beaten the bulls twice!

Oh mate, this season has been so disgusting and so depressing! At least in previous seasons we knew we would lose anyway. :LOL:

Mr. Billups is no longer "Mr. Big Shot", Amare continues to struggle big time, Melo carries on the team but is unable to play D and now, as results of the current streak, the players are lacking some confidence and making stupid mistake (i.e. Fields interference fault in Bobcats FT twice). L6 and counting.

By the way, how's doing Rubio, drekkard? I want to see this kiddo in the NBA (his rights belong to Minny I guess).

Last edited:
At last, the Knicks won someone! And it was the magic. I don't know why but I have the strange feeling that NYK play a lot better against the big guns, so maybe there's hope they can even go through to semifinals of the conference with a little luck in the fixture.

About Rubio, I don't know if he's NBA material. The guy is clearly a genious in the vision department, and his passing and deffense skills are enormous (he steals a lot of balls). But he is still lacking in the offensive department, specially shooting, and he is not as athletic as the modern era PG that reign now, so who knows... he can develop into a kind of Stockton (without shooting as well as him) or be a total flop.

F*ck yeah! Finally a victory! Wow what a thriller game it was! I've just finished to watch the full game (I saw the entire 1st hab live but felt asleep during the halftime so decided to record the game and watch this afternoon). I already knew the result but the passion and the emotion I felt seeing the recorded match was pretty much the same when watch live.

The team showed very good signs of commitment, passion and effort. Meanwhile, they still struggle in key moments - hey Jeffries, are you listen me? If so, hear this: next time you cover Richardson please remind you need to lift your hands in order to block the space shoot. Take care mate. Backing on, I'm amazed at the way the team have defended last night. In matter of fact I'm extremely glad to realise both Amar'e and Melo can effectively defend when they want, especially Melo who put an outstanding effort in defense this time - very good Melo, La La should be proud of you bro.
This team can beat any opponent if they play like this all nights. Sometimes the spirit is much more important than any tactical aspect. Yes, we may have a chance, a slight chance of making the 2nd round if they put the same effort as last night did. As you said we are the only the team in East who beat the Bulls twice, this kind mean something.

I have to mention the crowd as well. It's such a great feeling to listen the guys making big noise and screaming D-FENSE all the time. I could hear the Garden from Lisbon!

Thanks for the info about Rubio. Yeah, I read somewhere an analyst saying he still isn't NBA material but I think he needs to go there to prove himself. He can't wait no more. The few games I saw him I noticed how average he is in the shooting department, I've immediately compared him to Rondo but I guess your Stockton comparison is more accurate. Talking about Stockton, have you noticed how similar style has CP3 after the injury? Stockton 2.0 in the making.

Oh, almost forgot, thank you very much. Your prays seemed to work. You're a really nice guy despite being a Barcelona fan.

EDIT: Didn't notice San Antonio Spurs were having such a terrible streak. Two in a row against Portland. Ouch.

Last edited:
I've given up on the playoffs.

Still mad about how everything has turned out this season, compared to the stellar play of last season. If only J Rich boxed out, if only :SHAKE:

I'm happy for LeFraud. :LOL: That must have been a joy to him. :D

I still don't understand why have Phoenix traded Richardson. That trade didn't make sense to me. You let Hedo and Rich go in exchange of an aging VC, Gortat and Pietrus?! The interesting part is that Orlando won't have the cap to re-sign him.

Last edited:
Gortat has been the only positive, Peaches hasn't done much so far but he still has an upside, VC is just plain garbage.

Aaron Brooks will be good next season.

Leandrinho is funny indeed,

A friend of my sister know him since they were kids and they still hang out to this day, there are some paparazzi pictures of Leandrinho and Samara where you can see the guy sitting next to them in a game.

OT: Do you know Samara Special One? She was such a babe on Malhação back in the day, she and Fantin were on it togheter, those were good days :D

I like Leandrinho very much. I used to watch the Brazilian Blur many times when he was playing at Phoenix, now that he's at Toronto I barely watch him. He is a very energetic player and a good outside scorer. By the way, Raptors will play at the Garden tonight but I won't watch the game unfortunately.

OT: I guess you're talking about Samara Felippo right? I didn't know Samara and Leandrinho were from BH. Yea, she's hot but when you have Priscila Fantin right in front of you there's (almost) no way to looking around. :LOL: Maybe your sister could ask that friend if he can take Fantin's number from Samara or Leandrinho. :D

:LMAO: She has friends in Rio, heck we have family and friends there but its been years I don't go there, she visit it sometimes though.
I think Leandrinho is from São Paulo and he started playing in São Paulo minor cities.
So I guess the thing is that yes Brazil is a huge country but is common to know people from other states, change states etc, Leandrinho's friend for example is from São Paulo living in Rio married to a BH wife, like they say its a small world.
And yes its Samara Felippo I'm talking about, I think she was quite hot back in the day. I don't know if she still married to Leandrinho though.
But enough with the gossip :P

Back on topic if NY goes against the Heat I'm with NY :D but I hope the Bulls win it all in the end.

This year I've been back into ball thanks to 2K11 even watched some of March Madness, I love american college sports the atmosphere is sensational, players seem to give so much more than professionals.

A gente não consegue ter um bate papo sem falar de meninas né não mermão? (We can't chat without talk about girls)

I'm not a particular fan of College sports but when it comes to title decision I'm all in! So I've watched a few couple of March Madness games, especially Uconn games, because of that PG kid Kemba Walker. Very stylish kiddo, isn't he? He reminds me of Monta Ellis, having the ability to create his own shot, get to the rim and is a knock down shooter. Kemba is a New Yorker and has expressed his desire to play for the Knciks. We will have a low pick in this Draft whereby Knciks won't be able to pick this boy, haplessly. Apparently, Kyrie Irving is going to be the 1st pick of the Draft, I wonder why all opinion makers tell wonders about this guy coz I've never seen him playing. My bad.

You're a Warrior right? I remember you using a Golden State avatar with the number 30 inside, sophomore Stephen Curry's number. Are you enjoying David Lee? Barely watched him since the trade. It's great to see you supporting my beloved NY team. I know we're going nowhere this playoffs but is such a nice feeling to advance to the post-season again for the first time since 2004. It's even better to realise this franchise is still alive and back in track. Let's hope the Rangers get into the NHL playoffs as well!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom