NBA Thread

I don't know much about TJ Warren and Tyler Ennis but from what I've read and watched I'm happy with these picks.

It looks like if we get our way and resign Bledsoe (default) and Tucker then we'll only look to upgrade the front court positions.

I'm betting these Miami guys will all take discounts, and they will end up with even better players around them. Totally unfair to the other teams.

I think you're probably right Sauce. They're all in cahoots but Woj said lebron wants the max so I'm not sure how it is going to work. How much help does Lebron need though? Like seriously

The real issue here is not the guys taking less money, that's their right, I get it. Spurs did it blah blah blah.
Problem is that this decision should affect the overall market value and it does not.
Up to this day I still don't understand why on earth teams commit max deals of 4 years to scrub players.
Every smaller franchise should sign their players on Millsap's contract, short and relatively cheap. 2 years contracts are enough.
If LeBron is out there making 19mi, Klay freaking Thompson should not be looking for max. When you compare the salaries LeBron should be out there making perhaps 40mi or the 63mi that the cap is anyway.
I bet there will be crazy 4-5years 15-19mi offers to Klay, Parsons, Bledsoe, Hayward, Lance and company.

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources: Armed with young talent, assets and max contract space, Suns will pursue a LeBron-Carmelo partnership.

don't want to act like paranoid but does this pic say something? (it's put on nba.com home)

140514133242-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-talk-iso-051414.home-t3.jpg

wade & bosh smiling at each other whilst lebron looking to some other side (and what's that paper he holds?)

So it begins, the massive long contracts.

Gortat to get a $60 million 5-year one.

When does this 'new tv deal that will change contracts forever' is due?

Am I being a hater for saying that I only see Jodie Meeks as a minimum salary guy? Gosh, that contract offered by Detroit is absolutely ridiculous.

Gortat was always going to be overpaid but Meeks is just laughable.

This is getting ridiculous! :LOL:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
My man @WindhorstESPN reporting Cavs believed to be preparing max offer sheet to RFA Gordon Hayward. ESPN reported Cavs' interest yesterday

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent guard Ben Gordon has agreed to a two-year, $9 million deal with the Orlando Magic, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Mark Deeks ‏@MarkDeeksNBA
@McGrawDHBulls I spoke to an NBA executive the other day who said they would happily max Butler. Double checked and he wasn't joking.

Pau Gasol to San Antonio should be deemed illegal.

No, no, no! He's coming to the Knicks to team up with his buddies PJax, Fisher and Calderón and he'll earn 3,5M per year and free Broadway tickets. He loves opera so it's a done deal!

:(

I think he's going to the Knicks. Plus, Melo would be an idiot to walk away from a max contract like that.

Nostrasauceis.

Hahaha I realize now the max these players can get is 15 a year though. So no 19 for them :(

But the market is absolutely crazy, too many teams have a lot of cap space, and these are teams that were tanking for years now, so they are going HAM at free agents.

And the cycle will start again soon, once these overpaid players dont perform, and then you get those hard to move contracts that you trade for garbage. Just look at Jarrett Jack moving on again, I knew he was not worth long term signing.

NBA needs better GMs, I feel like some of them play with money.

Maybe. I heard the Cavs offered Wiggins for Love. Minny should take that deal if it is valid as you need to get something good for Love.

RFAs are always overpaid. Regardless of numbers, I think Bing Parsons is a good fit for Dallas if they actually manage to sign him. Don't like their set of PGs though.

As for Love, Minny should take Wiggins and run. Anyway, LeBron is putting everybody on hold.

But makes no financial sense for LeBron to leave Miami, cause his bffs just walked out of serious money. That would be a bitch move by a guy that already has a negative image.

And it makes no financial sense for Golden State to keep Klay, we simply can not afford him, I said like a year ago the plan was always to pack either Klay or Barnes with Lee, trading two expensive contracts for one, and if luckily a future asset.

If Minny don't want that package, I'll understand, that package is not that attractive specially when you are talking about a star like Love.

But Klay/Barnes+Lee will be traded this season. I can see them waiting for the season to start though, cause the whole point of Kerr was for the team to have better offensive movement and these guys to play to their actual offensive potential, if the plan works I even expect Klay and Lee to get a bump in their value, Lee still a solid passer and Klay can shoot. Barnes should also be better under Kerr.

This is getting hilarious.

Last edited:
Lets see what squad surrounds him now and his salary is very important too, I hope is the max.

If they don't get Kevin Love, or another superstar I see this as a good move for balance in the league. But I rather wait.

Back
Top Bottom