NBA Thread

Really impressed with how the Spurs have been playing in these finals, absolutely blowing away the Heat. I bet tobi's loving it!

Congrats to the Spurs. They were brilliant. I will see you all after my sabbatical. Enjoy the World Cup and the NBA draft. Portugal are due but C'mon England!

Really impressed with how the Spurs have been playing in these finals, absolutely blowing away the Heat. I bet tobi's loving it!

Confession time, I've followed the whole season via blogs, Twitter, Slam magazine, podcasts, websites, video everything possible but I've only watched one game.

I'm not proud of it but I HATE League Pass in its current state and I refuse to pay to activate a TV channel/s (BT Sports).

Well deserved!

Pop and his boys got their revenge from last year and did it in style! By far the best team.

I hate the Spurs for the simple fact that there's nothing to hate about them ahah

Congrats to this outstanding team. They represent everything I love in the game of basketball.

First Carmelo and now Lebron. Free agency just got a lot more interesting this summer.

la_zpsa08d8a8b.jpg

Haha. That's great. If I were in Lebrons shoes I don't think I would resign with Miami unless they somehow get Lowry. Wade is regressing. I think Hou, Chi, LAL or LAC is where he goes if he decides to bolt Miami.

Last edited:
If he leaves I'll never even consider discussing him against Jordan, not even if he comes to Golden State and win us 8 rings, scoring 40+ per game.

He better go to the worst team, like the Knicks or something :P and demand a 35 million per year contract, that way the cap would be fair to the other teams.

What's the big deal regarding Lebron, Channing Frye opting out is the clearly the biggest news so far.

PHX better re sign him.

If he leaves I'll never even consider discussing him against Jordan, not even if he comes to Golden State and win us 8 rings, scoring 40+ per game.

He better go to the worst team, like the Knicks or something :P and demand a 35 million per year contract, that way the cap would be fair to the other teams.

Right now he's out of the Jordan discussion when talking about current players IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong but off the top of my head I think it's Jordan 6/6, Kobe 5/7, Duncan 5/6, Lebron 2/5, Wade 3/5.

kobe wasn't the main man in his first three rings(shaq was), the same applies to wade's last two as well. it's rather mj 6, td 5, lebron & kobe 2, wade & nowitzki 1 to me.

kobe wasn't the main man in his first three rings(shaq was), the same applies to wade's last two as well. it's rather mj 6, td 5, lebron & kobe 2, wade & nowitzki 1 to me.

It`s not like Kobe and Wade were role players ala a Rick Fox and Robert Horry. Kobe had some monster games in the playoffs during that 3-peat era despite not being the main guy so his top 10 ATG status is justified IMO. If you take Kobe out and replace him with Iverson, Carter or McGrady of that era there is no guarantee that the Lakers 3-peat. Moreover, Kobe only has 1 less finals MVP than Duncan so I don`t how you can say "TD 5" when he wasn`t the standout player for two of the spurs five title wins.

If you take Kobe out and replace him with Iverson, Carter or McGrady of that era there is no guarantee that the Lakers 3-peat.
I don't know. I've no special powers of making assumptions come true. shaq was the main guy and that's what matters for me.
Moreover, Kobe only has 1 less finals MVP than Duncan so I don`t how you can say "TD 5" when he wasn`t the standout player for two of the spurs five title wins.
he was their playoffs per leader in all five. not just an eye rating.

PER is overused and a lot of time it doesn`t tell the whole story of what a player contributed in a game. Stats and percentages don`t always tell the whole story. I`m more of a fan of 82games.com's on/off court stats than I am of PER.

The New York Knicks have their hands tied this summer thanks to oversized contracts to Andrea Bargnani, Tyson Chandler and Amar’e Stoudemire that eat up the Knicks’ cap space. Such a wise management.

:RANT:

That Broussard guy is reporting that a Harden for Melo deal might go down. I personally don't like Harden, honestly he's the worst big name player in the league, but this is certainly better than nothing.

That's why I said the Knicks, I don't really think they are the worse. But LeBron should be playing in a team with the worst flexibility possible, that would avoid superfriends.

:COOL:

About the comparisons, I don't even like them, don't know why I mention it, but I meant no only LeBron as a player, more like the LeBron image as a whole compared to Jordan.

I'm not really from Jordan days, but the few I remember, I remember there were some seriously good players on other teams, the league felt more balanced.

Now that the current league is reaching its balance, if he goes and team up again, it will ruin the fun for me.

OK, fine, Jordan won when Pippen arrived. But that was via drafts and legit trades. Not all-stars who just come together to get a ring. It's a hard concept as you look at Melo who forced a move to Knicks and if he won there, would it be the same as Lebron, Wade and Bosh forcing their moves to Heat to win? I'm not entirely sure how to comment on it, but I just feel that its best if the league is balanced rather than having all the best players in one team and just pushing everyone else aside.

An example of why I'm not a fan of Bundesliga and Bayern Munich or the old EPL days with just Man Utd and Arsenal. There will forever be stronger teams and weaker teams, but the cut-off between the elite and the average teams is way too high in the NBA because of players like Lebron and co.

I kind of understand you but that's not entirely thanks to jordan being loyal(also, not that he was a super loyal guy). he spent three years until pippen came along and another three years without a ring, with pippen still developing but also because of the bad boys. lebron spent seven years without a pippen-caliber player or a player who'd developed to be another pippen, by his side in any of those years. I can't blame him for that. drafts and trades, successful or failed, it's partly down to the superstar, but mostly to the team gm's and the city's appeal. even jordan wouldn't wait for seven years in cleveland, also because of the outside stuff he couldn't have done (in the city).

if lebron team up with other stars now, now that he's in an organization like heat(pat riley) and in the city of miami, it's okay, I'd also dislike it. but as for the decision vol i, people have been too harsh on him for that matter.

another thing, among the past and present star players, most of them (like 4 of 5) preferred to jump off their ship to another one with the dream of a ring, for at least once in their career. I can write so many names because it's kind of common. players like jordan, kobe, duncan are not that common but at the same time they were also lucky to have joined to their succesfully managed franchises at the start of their careers.

just like in football, it's not just down to the players. most of the big clubs are located at the big cities which would allow to the larger fanbases. if you try to build a powerhouse in a city like villarreal with one or two great players in your squad and with the aim of challenging real madrid and barcelona, it's almost mission impossible.

p.s. meanwhile in chicago :LOL:
YouTube - R. Kelly Asking Carmelo Anthony To Come To The Chicago Bulls

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess that is also right. But it just started a trend with these super teams where it sends out a message that you can't win with just a team of decent players. That's why I was so happy that Spurs won cause the Spurs franchise goes against what almost every NBA team or the league is going for. Instead of trying to get the biggest names to their cities with ridiculous deals or get a few all-stars together to win, the Spurs go through proper draft to get the best talent, trades to get great role players and play to their strengths and it is all a team in the sense that each player knows their role and what they are to do to help the team win.

And the best part was that the MVP award went to Lenard rather than Duncan, Parker or Ginobili that shows how well of a team they are. (The three do help a little by taking a lot less money so the team can get better role and bench players.)

A lot of trades last night. My fav picks were Exum - Utah, Smart - Bos, Parker - MIL, and Randle - LAL. I think all these guys will be impact players next year. My sleeper is Early -NY.

Back
Top Bottom