NBA Thread

Oh I'm so depressed with the Warriors right now. Mark Jackson getting out coached, Clippers trapping the only play we have.

But what makes me extra extra sad, is that we have no future now with the luxury tax problem. We are in the situation OKC was with Harden.

NBA is hella tough man, I keep seeing these problems with teams that are not giant markets, or don't have crazy millionaires that can pay the luxury tax.
If we promote our splash brothers backcourt for example, we are tying Klay and Steph as inseparable. And we probably have to overpay Klay next summer. Some team will probably throw crazy money at him.
If we have a successful Bogut, winning defensive awards, playing lots of games, we have to pay him more money. Keep in mind that was the only way to sign him.
If we want to sign role players we need for next season (kinda of like last years Landry, this one we miss way way more than Jack) we have to toss some salary off the cap. Right now we can't barely resign O'Neal and Steve Blake.
An important note, Iguodala actually took less money to sign with us, he had an 13-15 million offer from Sacramento, I'm not sure about the exact numbers. But giving 11 million was the only way we could get him as well.

Our only sane option would be to trade Lee for trash, something like a 2nd round pick, to sign 2-3 role players with half his money. Giving us a chance to overpay Klay and keep Barnes in the future.
Our insane option would be to trade Barnes for something decent, which I doubt we can achieve, and try to give another run next year. Even if its another run to be just an entertainment team that gets nowhere near something meaningful.

For a franchise like Warriors, is almost like we have to cheer against our players individual success some way. Its crazy. And sad, really really sad.

Klay is expendable. The only untouchable on that team is Curry. He's really improved his on court vision this year. You build around him while he's in his prime. It's been a good series so far. I think it will go seven games.

agdhahsadhfkj

https://vine.co/v/MvOwpd9zO6H

EDIT:
CheeryAlertEider.gif

Last edited:
Klay is expendable. The only untouchable on that team is Curry. He's really improved his on court vision this year. You build around him while he's in his prime. It's been a good series so far. I think it will go seven games.

My point is that the Warriors are on a tough money situation, that's our squad for next year. I think no team would give something good for our guys right now.

I really hope they got eliminated. Howard and Harden are probably the players I dislike the most.

Same here, but they are on par with CP3 and Griffin.

850346470.gif

Curry Threezus Game finally happened. Great win, great atmosphere and Sonya Curry on the screen. That's all I want.

Banned for life and a $2.5m fine.

Good job Adam Silver.

I gotta give the props to the americans on how they deal with racism man.

Not talking about the fine and ban, but how most americans discussed the issue of the statement and the views. How they give examples, how they have arguments and how try to educate ignorants.

Here in Brazil, the supposed 'race paradise' people still try to suppress racism, thinking minimizing them will shut them up. Like the Daniel Alves thing, its kinda of becoming a mockery for some.

The thing is, from what I understand from American Forums, it's been known for years that Sterling is a rich racist piece of sh*t.

So players and coaches already knew who they were "working for".

Anyway, listen to this (starts at 3:45)

YouTube - Bomani Jones Talking About The REAL Donald Sterling Problem

I heard this too so it makes me wonder. If Paul and co. knew this then why resign? Good job by Silver though. The guy is strict and just let ppl know that slurs of any kind will not be tolerated with him at the helm. It will be interesting to see how he handles homophobic slurs in the future.

Wow, had not saw that Bomani Jones video when I posted, it kinda of makes my post look silly, praising americans.

But that's the thing, my post was talking about americans like him. This was not the only eye opening audio, text, etc that came out on the subject from an american.

Its not in every country you see people talking like this, americans are underrating themselves.

edit: Also kinda of important, Clippers are so winning this game tonight, and fans will be very supportive and go nuts. Its so obvious. I sure hope I'm wrong tho :P

Last edited:
Okay guys. I know playoffs are here and there are a lot of games. We all have other commitments and it`s hard to catch all games, especially late night games because we work in the morning. Send me a pm and I`ll send you a link where you can grab condensed extended highlights (15-20 min) for each game in 720p format.:))

Back
Top Bottom