NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

I don't know how they'll better this next year.

I definitely disagree with the reviewer about the My Player mode, in 2K10 is was flawed but super addictive and for 2K11 it sounds like they've improved it greatly.

He sounds like he doesn't want to put the work in.

He is right about the 40 overall rating though, that needs to be addressed next year.

This game is hoops heaven! Easily the best sports game I have ever played. No need for me to pick up pes this year. Best diff level is pro-sim imo. The CPU A.I. is top notch this year. You have to run plays if you wanna beat playoff caliber teams. If your're a basketball fan this game is a must have! Enjoy the game everyone.

I'd love to get into this, and basketball, like you guys are. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what 99% of the plays are, or any of the tactics, or player positions etc.

Give me NBA Jam and that's good enough for my limited knowledge :LOL:

Bit of the same as me Dags. NBA Jam, that's a blast from the past. "He's on fire!" Scottie Pippen was the man, back then.

This game is hoops heaven! Easily the best sports game I have ever played. No need for me to pick up pes this year. Best diff level is pro-sim imo. The CPU A.I. is top notch this year. You have to run plays if you wanna beat playoff caliber teams. If your're a basketball fan this game is a must have! Enjoy the game everyone.

That's my conundrum. I do like basketball, but I love football.

This game looks great. I haven't played a basketball game, or really followed the NBA much, since... NBA Live 2001 I think was the last I played, with KG on the box art. So pretty much a decade.

I only just found out today that the Sonics no longer exist :LOL: . They were my team in the Payton/Kemp era.

Technically they still exist, their just known as the Oklahoma City Thunder now.

Last edited:
Rumours are that a new manager will soon arrive to Oklahoma to turn things upside down. This new manager is going to make them win the championship some day and he may even sign Michael Jordan Jr!

Rumours are that this Oklahoma team will make some Exhibition matches at some time against the Phoenix Suns and totally humilliate them, specially the old grandpa Steve Nash.

Rumours say that the key of all this plot lies in the hands of the man who runr my local games shop. He's not aware that he has the future of Oklahoma at his hands.

:P Age ain't nothin but a number.

You can't shut down Nash with me in control, if you were fortunate to do so then I'll just turn him into a scoring PG and have Hedo as the main playmaker.

When you start to focus on him...

I'd love to get into this, and basketball, like you guys are. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what 99% of the plays are, or any of the tactics, or player positions etc.

Give me NBA Jam and that's good enough for my limited knowledge :LOL:

Maybe you should learn baseball. Your new owners sure do love it.

Bit of the same as me Dags. NBA Jam, that's a blast from the past. "He's on fire!" Scottie Pippen was the man, back then.

That's my conundrum. I do like basketball, but I love football.

Aye. I love both though. 2k11 is so good people will be playing it for years with updated rosters. Kinda like pes 5/6. I think I'll wait for PES 2012 and see how that plays. Despite the fact that PES 2011 is a good/great game, its not outstanding like NBA 2k11 imo.

Payton/Kemp era.

Oh man Gary Payton :WORSHIP:

I used to follow the league closely on that era too, but had a comeback last season, playing fantasy watching scouts and games.
It was easy to bring the fire again, at least for me.

Oh and I think I saw Sonics jersey on a clip, maybe you can still play with them, or maybe I'm dreaming cause I'm not too sure.

Urgh, it's too confusing for me :( :LOL:

So many buttons, I'm never sure who I'm supposed to mark, then I spot the arrow so I try to get to the player but there's bodies everywhere blocking me off and everyone moves so fast.

Then I get the ball and everyone is picked up by an opposition player, no space, no idea how to get people to run.

Not a clue here :(

Urgh, it's too confusing for me :( :LOL:

So many buttons, I'm never sure who I'm supposed to mark, then I spot the arrow so I try to get to the player but there's bodies everywhere blocking me off and everyone moves so fast.

Then I get the ball and everyone is picked up by an opposition player, no space, no idea how to get people to run.

Not a clue here :(

can you not put on auto-playbook so the CPU chooses the plays for you. I know I am gonna start off with this as it has been years since I played a NBA 2K game. Think the last one was 2K5 so it is all brand new to me.

Passed on FIFA and PES this year so looking forward to NBA 2K11.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom