NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

At the end of each game is everything still the same, are the same options still there?

Any negatives so far?

Yeah the Xbox 360 version.

I'll give it a good go again tonight as I have a few hours spare and I have yet to start an association mode with the Bulls. Anyone have any particular questions?

Do you feel "Jordannesque" when in control of MJ? Do you feel like a god among men?

How do you feel about playcalling?

When it seems it can't get better, it gets better! I'm going to watch the Los Angeles Lakers against Barcleona at Palau Sant Jordi, at Barcelona, the next october 7th, and the next day I'll have my copy of 2k11 on my hands. Best possible timing.

I'll be watching Pau Gasol live 6 years later, and Kobe, and Odom, Fisher... Best way to really peak my hype for this game.

Thanks all for the videos!

with this game being so great game-play wise, it is quite sad (or a small set-back) when the team ratings are so ridiculous. They have the Raptors ranked 30th overall, but their offense and defense is 27 and 28th. Where as the Bucks are 30th in offense and defense, but they are ranked 29th overall.
Small matters are how Denver is 1st in Offense, Chicago is 4th overall...

some rankings just don't make sense...

At the end of each game is everything still the same, are the same options still there?

Any negatives so far?

Hmm negatives... there's not enough classic teams. I mean, where's Barkley and Muggsy? ;)

Gameplay-wise, I haven't encountered any. Perhaps the playcalling is a little too effective at times. For example, when I've needed a 3 it is quite easy to run an isolation play on Jordan for the wide open 3 pointer (this is on professional though). That and if you have Jordan on your team you may aswell give up, the man's a beast :D.

Do you feel "Jordannesque" when in control of MJ? Do you feel like a god among men?

How do you feel about playcalling?

Play-calling is great, very smooth and very responsive. I can see myself spending a good few hours practising these plays as they're player specific. Your team mates are great at finding space as well.

Jordan is unstoppable, just like he was back in the 90s. He's not unrealistically good though, if you don't time your shots or try to be too fancy you'll miss, but you'll be in awe of some of the shots he can make under pressure. He's got some awesome animations in this game as well and some of the shots he pulls out under the basket are jaw-dropping with the twisting and turning layups.

Oh I forgot to add, the same options are there at the end of the game.

I like the new presentation on the half-time report, Jordan player of the game and analysis after the match. The analysis by the commentary team is very fresh aswell, was getting a little sick of the 2K10 commentary especially when they only had a handful of things to say about your players e.g. Deng, coming out of Duke. The highlights look amazing in black and white when it picks out one player in colour as well (it's hard to describe).

P.s. have unlocked a couple of Jordan's shoes :D.

with this game being so great game-play wise, it is quite sad (or a small set-back) when the team ratings are so ridiculous. They have the Raptors ranked 30th overall, but their offense and defense is 27 and 28th. Where as the Bucks are 30th in offense and defense, but they are ranked 29th overall.
Small matters are how Denver is 1st in Offense, Chicago is 4th overall...

some rankings just don't make sense...

I completely agree.

From a Suns point of view we are 28th on defense and 13th on offense, that's ridiculous. Since the D'Antoni era we've pretty much lead the league every year in 3pt percentage, we are a fine tuned offensive machine yet that only places us at 13! Denver being No.1 is just baffling.

Also Coach Gentry preached defense this year and we finished the season around mid table, don't know how that translates to 28th.

I think I'm right in saying that the Knicks are 6th best overall...

Hmm negatives... there's not enough classic teams. I mean, where's Barkley and Muggsy? ;)

Gameplay-wise, I haven't encountered any. Perhaps the playcalling is a little too effective at times. For example, when I've needed a 3 it is quite easy to run an isolation play on Jordan for the wide open 3 pointer (this is on professional though). That and if you have Jordan on your team you may aswell give up, the man's a beast :D.

I can't remember being that hyped for a sports game in a lot of years... Tell us more when you can! Did you touch any slider or feel the need to? How long are your quarters? Isomotion? Playcalling is different depending on the player you are controlling? How does it work to do a playcall for a specific player then?

I can't remember being that hyped for a sports game in a lot of years... Tell us more when you can! Did you touch any slider or feel the need to? How long are your quarters? Isomotion? Playcalling is different depending on the player you are controlling? How does it work to do a playcall for a specific player then?

I haven't had to touch the sliders yet. The gamespeed feels fine to me and all areas seem balanced enough for an enjoyable experience - the AI are aggressive enough and don't abuse alleyoops or are overly successful in their shooting. I'm not having much luck with the FTs though, but I'm putting that down to getting used to my players and their shooting style.

I play 6 min halves.

Yeah, each player has four plays. Although some overlap it feels great having that individual option when your struggling to create something. I was playing the Sac Kings yesterday and they were very tough in the paint I couldn't get anything going at all with Noah and Boozer on the inside, I had to rely on quick jump shots with Rose and attack from the outside with Deng so I had to run plays to suit. I ended up losing the match as they defended really well and neutralised most of my attacks.

Last edited:
Sounds amazing!

Personally, I'm gonna be playing on Sim, downloading realistic sliders and full 12 minutes Qs. Can't imagine myself playing 2k any other way :D

just got the game, only played it briefly last year so in the practice. mode learning the different shots, layups and dunks at the moment.

feel great. could be the start of a new love affair.

Its good that they took a bold step and delayed it, it clearly isn't polished enough. The problem for them when they return is that 2K's market share will be even bigger and they will have an almighty task getting back.

YouTube - NBA 2K11 - The Conseco Massacre

I like how Chris Bosh is nowhere to be seen.

No.23, all the game modes, the sim mentality plus the little things = x10.

Look at the 43 second mark when the fan jumps out of his seat and signals travelling at the ref as LeBron finishes at the rim.

:COOL:

Guys, do you remember slips being in 2k10? I was on a quick break and passed with Thomas to Deng for an easy dunk and as he was running to catch the ball he slipped over :LOL:.

I wasn't even angry, just couldn't believe it.

This game is something else on the realism front.

Look at the 43 second mark when the fan jumps out of his seat and signals travelling at the ref as LeBron finishes at the rim.

:COOL:

Okay, I hope you realise LeBron doesn't travel half as much as he's made out to be by the 'YouTube brigade'?

Back
Top Bottom