NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

He has improved each year and he runs the team now.

@ Searain, the stats are official, 2K sent them to OS.

The stats don't mean much, they changed the scale from 50-100 to 0-100 when 2K10 was released. Plus they adjust them accordingly as the season goes on.

Last edited:
He has improved each year and he runs the team now.

@ Searain, the stats are official, 2K sent them to OS.

The stats don't mean much, they changed the scale from 50-100 to 0-100 when 2K10 was released. Plus they adjust them accordingly as the season goes on.

Yeh, he might run the team, but still dont u think he is way too much above the big 3?

Not way too much but they are a declining team, if any of them were injured, he'd be missed the most.

Rondo was the most decisive player in the playoffs. If he had some more shooting ability, he could be better than CP3. There, I said it.

Rondo has got something special in his mind and legs, he's one of those capable of running a team of vets with 20 years, that requires something more than basketball IQ.

Hey guys. I never post over here, I'm always at the PES side. I know i'm a little slow and out-dated, but I was hoping if somebody could kindly share a link where I can read some tips on NBA 2k10, cuz I have the game but I never really played it. Yes i know, one year late and the new game is coming out lol. I just felt like playing it, so if any of you guys could share, thanks in advance!

Search through the thread lots of tips in here.

This was the 2K10 thread.

Think I'm hyped up for a Basketball game now. Watching a few trailers, games, I even made a youtube video, which is in my sig, mixing up 6 NBA ads that I really like :LOL:

man, i wanted to lead the Raptors to a ring in Association, but seeing how Kleiza is starting and he's only 55 while our best guy (Barbosa) is only at 75, i doubt i'll be able to bring a banner to the town anytime soon...

At least i could've traded Bosh for a decent player at 2K10...

Potential spoiler video below, its titled NBA 2K11 intro but it looks like an intro to one of the Jordan Challenge games.

Yep, that's the intro alright, with the full Bulls intro music and announcement of Jordan. Cue shivers down the spine. You then get to play the Lakers v Bulls Championship final game (billed as Magic Johnson v Jordan - the first Championship win for the Bulls. It's so authentic it's unreal - even the reactions of the bench and Phil Jackson himself are eerily similar to those games in the 90s. Pippen, Horace, Cartwright, BJ etc etc are VERY authentic, they have their own jump shots/FT style/dunks and individual stylings. Jordan is just unstoppable when he hits his stride, I sunk a fade away 3pt shot in the dying seconds of the first quarter to go 5 points up that was out if this world.

Jesus, I "had to" come and visit my girlfriends parents in her hometown for a couple of days, never thought the game would be out so soon, now im in pain browsing forums with my cell phone... :(

After 2 hours of play, cut short by the fact I had to have dinner at some point, here are my impressions.

I've spoilered it if people don't want to read early, but I assure you it does not spoil any secrets in the game or delve into any modes - it's just my initial raw opinion of the gameplay entitled 'GOTY'.

First off, the presentation of this game is incredible and is definitely the benchmark by which other sports games should aspire. The menus are back to their best, and in-game it looks very slick. I could go on, but you can see this the videos posted above.

Gameplay - I can't believe how deep this game is, the shot stick opens up so many possibilities offensively, the passing and isomotion are very responsive and smooth and the play calling is very intuitive. Also, in terms running plays on the court, your teammates seem very wise to finding gaps to step into to provide you with an option. Screens are also very effective this year, which is a great thing IMO, finally the AI is smart enough not to just stand there like a lemon blocking out thin air. The CPU AI is equally as smart at running plays. Overall, the gameplay itself seems very challenging, the possibilties are endless and we have an AI smart enough to give you a really rewarding experience. I also love the fact that the game is so balanced in terms of offence and defence.

The defence is back big time, contesting shots and stealing wayward passes seems a lot fairer and doable this time. Rebounding is in art and you are not guaranteed to get the ball even if you box out other players you have to time your jumps effectively. The AI again seems to support you well enough and thank the Lord they've stopped the excessive double-teaming from 2k10. Players also lose the ball and run out of bounds a lot more realistically/you also do this if you're not careful.

It's just an incredible experience. As much as I'm looking forward to playing PES, this is going to take some beating as the best sports game this year.

Last edited:
I'm trying to hold back, my PS3 will be sent off for repair soon so I'm going to miss the launch, BAD TIMING!!!

I don´t like basketball very much but must admit that this game is nothing but SPETACULAR! Great job by 2K on presentation, is the best ever in any sport game.

After 2 hours of play, cut short by the fact I had to have dinner at some point, here are my impressions.

I've spoilered it if people don't want to read early, but I assure you it does not spoil any secrets in the game or delve into any modes - it's just my initial raw opinion of the gameplay entitled 'GOTY'.

First off, the presentation of this game is incredible and is definitely the benchmark by which other sports games should aspire. The menus are back to their best, and in-game it looks very slick. I could go on, but you can see this the videos posted above.

Gameplay - I can't believe how deep this game is, the shot stick opens up so many possibilities offensively, the passing and isomotion are very responsive and smooth and the play calling is very intuitive. Also, in terms running plays on the court, your teammates seem very wise to finding gaps to step into to provide you with an option. Screens are also very effective this year, which is a great thing IMO, finally the AI is smart enough not to just stand there like a lemon blocking out thin air. The CPU AI is equally as smart at running plays. Overall, the gameplay itself seems very challenging, the possibilties are endless and we have an AI smart enough to give you a really rewarding experience. I also love the fact that the game is so balanced in terms of offence and defence.

The defence is back big time, contesting shots and stealing wayward passes seems a lot fairer and doable this time. Rebounding is in art and you are not guaranteed to get the ball even if you box out other players you have to time your jumps effectively. The AI again seems to support you well enough and thank the Lord they've stopped the excessive double-teaming from 2k10. Players also lose the ball and run out of bounds a lot more realistically/you also do this if you're not careful.

It's just an incredible experience. As much as I'm looking forward to playing PES, this is going to take some beating as the best sports game this year.

You're talking about the xnox version, right? IT's launchinh in Europe on the 8 of october for ps3?

Thanks for the mini-review. Feel free to post more insights about the game when you want. And enjoy it!

Yeah the Xbox 360 version.

I'll give it a good go again tonight as I have a few hours spare and I have yet to start an association mode with the Bulls. Anyone have any particular questions?

Back
Top Bottom