NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

this game would probably much better if they included real intros from the teams. this is something I really miss when it comes to the game-atmosphere.

"Okay, so My Career completely rocks. What else do I need to know about NBA 2K11?" Glad you asked. Coming up this week, we're diving into the expanded play calling system and the hyper-detailed, team specific characteristics in this year's game. The term "basketball simulation" has never been more appropriate. Prepare yourselves!

2K.

Last edited:
Expanded Playcall System Developer Insight

Individualized Plays - Even more exciting is the fact that starters and subs have their own plays. In some cases, like for a Manu Ginobili, that means having a complete set of four new plays, while for a lesser known or skilled sub there may be only one or two available. The nicest part about it is that each play that was created really reflects how the teams try to create for a particular player’s abilities. So, you have sets where Lebron runs point, or where Rip Hamilton is coming off double screens, etc. Portland will utilize plays that have B-Roy running the point, while the Jazz will isolate Deron Williams in the post. Lamar Odom has plays for him to run the offense when he is on the court. Each player is put in the perfect light to do what we all know they do best.
:WORSHIP:

Play Naming - Originally, we wanted to opt for a simple naming scheme that would allow even the most casual user to know what the play was designed for. Now, each play has a Number and Naming scheme. Example, “51 Roll” would mean that there is going to be a Pick and Roll play run between Center and Point Guard. Once you get the naming scheme down, moving from team to team isn’t daunting because you can immediately recognize the type of play that you have available.
:COOL:

Before I let you guys go, I want to give a big shout out to the Czar and the fine people at Operation Sports. His new feature is going to detail the variety of plays available in a way that only he can. First up today, the Oklahoma City Thunder TO BE POSTED AT APPROXIMATELY 5 PM PST by The CZar. So please take the time to check out his videos as we prepare to launch one of the deepest versions of NBA 2K that I have ever been associated with.
Start a play early, before everyone is set- This works great for teams like Phoenix, where Steve Nash isn’t really waiting to for people to be in their set location. Once the needed players are in position, the play starts. This keeps the tempo up for teams that really want to get shots up quickly.

:BOP:

Last edited:
Impressive stuff. Just make Konami and EA read this and ashame. Kudos for 2k. Even if the game doesn't meet all the hype, what they're doing this year is a very big effort. And efforts are really valued by consumers. I do.

There is a new blog post on the US PS blog (posting from my phone), it details the PS Move controls and it definitely isn't an afterthought.

Further down in the comments Ronnie2k mentions that the PS3 is gettin an exclusive audio feature that will be detailed in an upcoming insight.

Time to start downloading the ESPN and TNT music!

Demo date announcement tomorrow also.

Last edited:
I'm really tempted this year to get NBA2K11 but I just dont know how much I will play it. I dont know if its cos I dont really watch B Ball so dont have that attachment to the game but this game does look sick!!!

Is it possible to customize the difficulty so that the game is really easy ? I'm asking that for my father, since he's no expert, he only needs 2 buttons, pass and shoot, so with a weak IA he should be fine.

Brilliant video.

Life in prison for all cheesers.

:LOL:

Yeah, I watched his post-moves tutorial on NBA 2k9 I think :LOL: Him and Smoove are brilliant NBA 2k YouTube commentators.

:LOL:

The demo is out next week, September 14th.

Last edited:
Lakers vs Celtics in the demo.

BEAT LA!!!

Worldwide release, there is no way I'm waiting till Wednesday to play it, I'll just grab it from the US store on Tuesday.

So the playoff final then... I'm so dunking on Kobe with KG! :D

I'm interested to see the individual plays they have for Rondo. The Rondo pick and roll special?

I'm sure he'll be taken care of, his fake lay up is in the game and I think he did some mo cap also.

With a big man like KG of course I'll execute the post, but if I see that space I'm taking it inside and dunking. He was lethal in 2K10 if you gave him a sniff of the basket. If Kobe's there I'm dunking it on his smug face, it's not the same dunking on someone like Lamar.

Young fella? You're younger than me! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom