NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Sorry, I didn't say it was a specific problem of the PS3 version online: you will get unstable FPS, and sometimes you are well under 30 fps, which is unacceptable.

must be a PAL issue then, I have never ever expereined this with nba and I played this game online A LOT.

Just finished an incredible game in My Player mode. My Phoenix Suns up against Kobe's Lakers. Finished 112-115 to the Lakers. I hit a LOOOOOOONG three with 12 seconds left to bring it within touching distance. I went for the intentional foul, fouling me out of the game :( Fisher missed both free-throws but Barbosa bricked the final 3 with 1 on the clock. Absolutely gutted.

Never had a video game give me that sort of feeling before.

Here's my stat-line;

33 mins 42 pts 2 rebs 6 asts 2 stls 1 blk 3 TOs

and Kobe's;

44 mins 28 pts 3 rebs 11 asts 4 stls 0 blks 5 TOs

Barbosa for THREE...

New 2K11 preview

Control, control, control.

nba-2k11-20100729055709408.jpg

wwe-nwo-extended.jpg

:D

October 5th, probably the 7th/8th over here in PAL land.

MJ: Creating a Legend Mode

vg_jordan_1_200.jpg

Younger look + Air Jordan I's, now, that's some pretty impressive attention to details...

I hope Air Jordan VI's will be unlockable as well in the "My Player" mode or whatever, cause that's what I'm wearing on my feet right now lol.

Question for those who've played 2k10: can you download a picture in order to create your "gameface" (think of FIFA 10)?

Last edited:
Rumour has it that every single Air Jordan shoe will be available, they may unlock as you progress.

Regarding the Gameface question the answer is no. The tools in the game can result in some decent faces but just like FIFA and MLB the Show, they all look the same.

I hope the whole scenery feels like the late 80s/90s too. I'll be disappointed if the arenas look very modernised compared to the players etc.

Jordan got better with age - like fine wine.

NBA 2k10 commentary line, people. Don't shank me :SMUG:

Confirms that all Air Jordans will be in the game.

Day 1 purchase for me lol.

For starters, every single one of the challenges (which date from his rookie year to that "final" shot against Bryon Russell and the Jazz) features every player that you'd care about. Whether you're talking about Horace Grant on the Bulls, James Worthy and Magic on the Lakers or Karl Malone and John Stockton on the Jazz, they're all here. What's even more impressive is that they all have their signature moves and styles in the game. Playing against the Jazz, Stockton continually fed Malone the rock and The Mailman did that old man jumpshot and kissed everything off the glass.

Oh man, this is gonna be epic. You guys seen the Flu game pic? Holy shit.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took inspiration from messenjahmatt from YouTube; look him up if you like the look of those screens.

Gary Payton is in there too.

The demo is set at the sim play style yet these players only care about dunks.

Some people just don't get it.

Presentation looks nice though.

"The Gamescon demo is set as default gamestyle. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level."

:SMUG:

It's all about the jumper from mid.

Looking forward to it.

'NBA 2K11': Is it the shoes?

When Michael Jordan was first announced as the "NBA 2K11" cover athlete, gamers celebrated the return of the greatest player to ever lace up a pair of kicks. Sneaker heads, on the other hand, only wanted to know what pairs of kicks virtual MJ would actually be wearing.

That's because in past "NBA 2K" games, Nike has only allowed 2K Sports to feature a select few pairs of Jordans per title.

But now that the game is all about His Airness, the kick floodgates have finally been opened.

"There are two legacies of Michael Jordan, his playing and his brand," explains "NBA 2K11" producer Erick Boenisch. "And for this game, the Jordan brand guys at Nike were finally asking for us to incorporate all of their shoes into our game. This is something we wanted for years, so we were really excited that this year with Michael, they really got on board with us.

Last edited:
so whats the release date for europe? some say end of september, some say october 5th (like in the US) and amazon even says mid-november.

Back
Top Bottom