NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

Played a couple matches online with tobi todat. Hard to get used to the low framerate at the begining. We played 3 matches with different teams each time. It's amazing the ammount of individualization players offer as well as teams. The three matches had different feels and different trends in the scoreline.

The only negatives for me were;
1) Low framerate is too evident. They need to improve this, at times it makes gameplay a little jerky, specially in the shooting animations, it's hard to get the timing right if you're used to offline frames per second.

2) that putting the controller deffensive assistance to 0 makes dribbling too easy sometimes, we should try it set at 20 or something just to make dribblings a little bit harder. Stars will outcome deffenders in the right situations anyway.

3) when you are on a run, some cheesy plays are too easy to execute, while if you're on a bad run, the cpu still interferes too much in shooting. I recall an easy layup tobi missed by no reason. But it's great playing against humans compared to the torture of infernal cheating against cpu in all-star difficulty and above.

All in all, pretty good matches with some very nice plays. And of course, the freedom to play different types of basketball: far shooting, picks and rollls, moving the ball, penetrating, inside-out, etc...

Hope to play with you people in the xmass holidays!

Played a couple matches online with tobi todat. Hard to get used to the low framerate at the begining. We played 3 matches with different teams each time. It's amazing the ammount of individualization players offer as well as teams. The three matches had different feels and different trends in the scoreline.

The only negatives for me were;
1) Low framerate is too evident. They need to improve this, at times it makes gameplay a little jerky, specially in the shooting animations, it's hard to get the timing right if you're used to offline frames per second.

2) that putting the controller deffensive assistance to 0 makes dribbling too easy sometimes, we should try it set at 20 or something just to make dribblings a little bit harder. Stars will outcome deffenders in the right situations anyway.

3) when you are on a run, some cheesy plays are too easy to execute, while if you're on a bad run, the cpu still interferes too much in shooting. I recall an easy layup tobi missed by no reason. But it's great playing against humans compared to the torture of infernal cheating against cpu in all-star difficulty and above.

All in all, pretty good matches with some very nice plays. And of course, the freedom to play different types of basketball: far shooting, picks and rollls, moving the ball, penetrating, inside-out, etc...

Hope to play with you people in the xmass holidays!
i wish you guys had the 360... the patch for hte 360 fixed the framerate issue as well

I finished my first season in My Player today, I'm totally addicted to this mode even though its far from perfect.

We (Heat) only won 35 games, had a team chemistry of 1% by the end of the season (no joke!) and Jermaine Oneal is officially the greediest videogame CPU player EVER!

Anyway I've left that joke of a team and have signed with the Nets, looking forward to playing with Devin Harris, Lopez and new free agency signing Rudy Gay. I'm going to have work my way into the starting line-up again now.

I'm about half way into my 2nd season.
after winning the finals in my 1st season i decided to stay on.

Gotta say though I've been really disappointed with the CPU. First of all theres the constant back court violations as well as the over used alley-oops that I can't stop.
Then more importantly are the trades...In the first season I managed to steal the starter role from Ray Allen, he was disgruntled and he got traded for Vince Carter...Fair enough I suppose. However over the last season there's been so many trades that its more of a fantasy league. My current Celtics team only has Rondo, Garnett and Pierce as the original members. I've had Noah, Oden, Jermaine o'Neal and Tyrus Thomas. Else where I've seen rip hamilton at the cavs, joe johnson at the bulls just to name a few.

Sure its a game but to see so many trades within a season has ruined the realism of the game.

The trade logic is definitely messed up in the mode, I've seen some unrealistic trades in my game too like Shaq going to the Bucks with Michael Redd going the other way.

The CPU back court violation happens in all modes, hope its fixed in the 2nd patch.

Also the CPU coach of my team never presses the ball, when we are up by 10/15 points, the opposition will always do half and full court press. When its the other way round, I'm the only putting pressure, it can be very frustrating.

I've reached a rating of about 85 now and the game is pretty easy now.
Starting out as a Scorer (SG) I had decent shooting stats and it made me a jump shooter and i had to pick my spots cos i had no speed. now that i'm in my 2nd season i've gained alot of speed and the ability to dunk.
one pump fake and i'm off to the rim.

i got my first 50 point game last night. The other day i was 1 assist shy of a triple double... we were ahead by 10 in the last minute but cos it was a blowout Garnett didn't want to pop the OPEN shot after I called for a screen!!! ARGH!!! Still on the hunt for my first triple double. Once I build up my Dunk stat i think i'll stop. i want to see some nice dunks rather than the windmills. once you get a 90 rating for layups you can do some signature ones, the one i've chosen is the crawford one which is pretty sweet.

i just bought this game last week for £8 on the pc.. played a few games and its great

I made my first significant trade in a while recently, I traded J Rich, Alando Tucker and a 2nd round pick to the Timberwolves for Rudy Fernandez (don't know how he ended up there!) and Mark Blount's expiring $7million contract. I'm now just over $1million over the cap room.

He scored 25 points in his debut vs Portland :COOL:

I'm 16-10 on the season and I just felt that I needed something different, I copied Alvin Gentry and put Robin Lopez in the starting line up in place of Channing Frye and its been a successful switch so far. I also put Dudley in the starting 5 because for some weird reason, since 2K8 I've struggled to get the best out of Grant Hill. I'm going to start and get Earl Clark involved a bit more now.

Click on the pic for some extended stats on my season so far.

Anyone where I can find the portfolio of pictures which I uploaded
on NBA 2k10 PC Version? It says you can find them on 2kSports Website
but I don't know where. :CONFUSE:

2K aren't very consistent with the PC version, your better off posting on their official forums.

Does anyone here use the Shot Stick?

If yes, how on earth do you dribble with the left stick?!

For the last three games (2K8,9 and 10) I've used the Alt B controller setting and dribbling with the right stick has become second nature for me. Recently though I decided to try and learn the shot stick again, taking jump shots flows nicely (although I still use :square: for 3PTs). Dribbling with the left stick though is where everything falls apart for me, the moves that I can pull are very limited and sometimes look awkward.

The only benefit that I can see is when your driving to the basket, its amazing and the possibilities are almost endless compared to using :square:.

:TU:

Damn, played today a dunk contest with Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford and Danny Granger.

After playing 3 rounds JJ seemed to be the winner but then the camera turns over to a car stopping right beside the streetcourt.

Damn, Vince Carter left the car and kicked JJs ass as a CPU player.

Never had this scene before, is it random? Anybody knows?

That's normal. If you beat the guy in the car you get an achievement.

Michael Jordan has been confirmed as the 2K11 cover star, from a marketing standpoint it doesn't get any better than that.

NBA Live is now NBA Elite, real time physics is the big thing this year, will be interesting to see that in motion.

Link

nba_2k11_jordan_350.jpg

Last edited:

Thaaaaaaaaaank-YOU!

I'm loving My Player mode now :) I'm at Phoenix Suns, which I'm sure you'll appreciate ;)

What position are you?

I also have a MyPlayer mode going on for ages. I started on the Lakers as a point guard and then moved to the Suns. Surely Tobi will be delighted witha ll of us...

As long as you didn't displace Steve Nash (starters get replaced too easily) then its beautiful.

What position are you?

I also have a MyPlayer mode going on for ages. I started on the Lakers as a point guard and then moved to the Suns. Surely Tobi will be delighted witha ll of us...

As long as you didn't displace Steve Nash (starters get replaced too easily) then its beautiful.

I'm a Shooting Guard :) I've replaced Barbosa after 8 games in the NBA, so it's easy to break through. Getting 33 mins a game :LOL: I was a bit of a cheese and used the unlimited drills glitch to get stats up at the start, as I was really getting tired of being a 45 rated PG at the Wizards in my last My Player save. Now rated 59 with an excellent mid-range game and sexy layups :D As for Nash, he's dropping 10 assists per game, as well as Amar'e grabbing 14 boards per game. Conference leaders neck and neck with the Nuggets. Using realistic sliders, 12 minute quarters and on Superstar difficulty. :)

Seriously enjoying the mode, 100x better than Fifa's Be-A-Pro mode. Need to take some pointers from 2k.

If only the real Amare grabbed 14 rebounds per game!

I'm in my seconds season, my pass first PG is 89 now, coming towards the end of the regular season with the Nets and looking forward to the play offs. I'm leading the league in assists, I'm averaging a double double but my FG% is only 46%, something to improve on in the third season.

The mode is flawed but super addictive, I still haven't got past Christmas in my Association.

Yeah, was hoping you'd upset the Lakers in the playoffs. My heart dropped a little bit when Artest made that buzzer beater. :(

Never gave this game a go man which is a shame. Great game but too many high quality games that come out nowadays.

I finished the regular season (my 2nd season) with the Nets with a 60 - 22 record, we get Toronto in the first round of the playoffs and we fall behind 3 - 0 :SHOCK:. I'm thinking this Dallas vs Golden State all over again!

In the game 3, I was on a roll in the 3rd quarter and at the beginning of the 4th we had a 10 point lead, then the stupid logic in this mode struck. I was benched with just over 8 minutes left and wasn't brought back in until the 1 minute mark, however we were now down by 11. :RANT:
In game 4 I ditched my pass first mentality and was aggressive from the start, we won the game. In the end we managed to win three straight and take it to game 7. Both teams started slowly and it was a tight game throughout until the stupid logic struck once again. Brook Lopez and Rudy Gay were benched in the closing moments of the 3rd quarter and were not brought back in until there were five minutes left in the 4th. By then it was too late, the Raptors had all the momentum and closed the game out.

I love this mode but the logic is just brutal and unrealistic.

I've moved the OKC now, looking at the starting line up I should be able to play more uptempo now but Russel Westbrook is on the bench now because of me...

Too many flaws in the mode to be enjoyed as it could. I hope they really fix all this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom