Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pboreham said:
Good to see Temple of the Dog getting a mention! Have you got the full album? Its great to listen too when you are a bit down and moody!

On my rotation at the mo...

Green Day - "American Idiot"
Kasabian
The Music - "Freedom Fighters"
GLC - Greatest Hits
Grunge Mix 88-92 (iPod Playlist!)
Temple of the Dog & Alice In Chains cos I'm mardy at the moment!

I've had my iPod 2 weeks and have EVERY piece of music I own on it... I've never listened to so much music - its on every waking minute at the moment :-)

No mate, I've had that album at home a while ago, together with an album from Perfect Circle, but I was fucked in the head because of a finished relationship and that's why I chose to listen to David Gray - This Years Love all the time, combined with a few whiskey's

Damn summer of 2002, or 2003 ? Can't remember

Luv Perfect Circe.

I just bought Soundgarden SuperUnknown recently and i am pissed that i hardly listened to them when they were together. Brilliant shit.

Got Chevelle's new album in the CD player for the past 4 days straight. They sound alot like Tool, but more meat and potatoes. Great album, though.

stiffler said:
good stuff! :applause:

about the ipod mate been toying with the idea of getting one for a while, are they all what they are cracked out to be?

I was lucky come into a small amount of cash so thought I'd get one. Got the 20gb version, a docking station and the iTrip add-on.

Ignore what you might hear, the iPod is superb and I am over the moon with it. I've got over 3000 songs on it at the moment and there is still 6gb free. The sound quality is brilliant, iTunes is very good and has easily replaced my Windows Media Player, the Playlist feature is an excellent feature with many, many configuration options to enable you to organise and keep your music fresh...

Yea, you could say I'm pleased with it! It goes everywhere with me now :-D

The only problem you may have is actually getting hold of one! Took me a lot of ringing around to find a store with ANY of them in stock...

I got an ipod mini and I've been very pleased with it.
Good sound quality, small size and decent space(= 4gb = about 1000 songs in 128kbs).
Plus it's pretty as hell and easy to use.
The price wasn't bad either.

Is the new Music one any good then? I bought the first one and wasn't that impressed but I've heard bits of the new one and it sounded quite good.

stiffler, buy an iPod, that is all.

Mart said:
Is the new Music one any good then? I bought the first one and wasn't that impressed but I've heard bits of the new one and it sounded quite good.

stiffler, buy an iPod, that is all.

Well the song "Freedom Fighters" is quality and the rest aint too bad either...

Tell you who else I am really into since the Leeds festival and thats Hundred Reasons... quality...

Its that time of year anyway Mart - tomorrow... Darlo v Southend... what do you reckon? We are handy away this year so going for a plucky 1-0 win :-)

A 1-0 either way would be no surprise mate. Hignett should be back so hopefully we can create some decent chances and maybe even take some! If you do win it will be by 1-0. Good luck. :)

So music eh? Hmmmm...

Does that Thelonius Monster group still exist Joost...
A friend of mine had a couple of their CD's (and i remember that they covered some Tom Waits songs) but htat was in the dark 90's (certainly before 1995).
I'm one of the 900-something lucky ones who will see Waits in Antwerp. You won't believe the following story. The concert is in the Bourla Schouwburg and everybody knows that this is a tiny litle Concert Hall. In addition to that you couldn't buy tickets online. Only by phone one monday morning. I had told this to my wife (who absolutely hates Waits' music, she likes Clouseau and Bryan Adams...no taste...well she married me...) and i said that wouldn't even bother to phone. Silently she decided to give it one try...and she got in...she never goes to concerts and never phones for tickets but she was terribly lucky (well as a matter of fact i am).
I absolutely adore my wife and don't deserve her...

They don't exist anymore. There was a documentary about the lead singer a year or 2 ago on Dutch tv. Apparently he's touring with his son right now. Their music wssn't bad, lyrics were a bit strange, but that's quite explainable considering the amounts of drugs that singer has been doing. He's clean right now and he's doing acoustic shows with his son, who looked like a fucking freak to be honest.

Good to hear you've got tickets. It's a pain in the ass at times. My parents in 2002 have spent almost the whole night in front of the postoffice for tickets for Springsteen. Then all stuff went wrong with the computer and there came out 0 tickets! After a whole lot of arguing they finally came home with 4 tickets. I've never seen them so happy. It was like 11 in the morning and they hadn't slept for more than 24 hours. Oh the happiness.

Great name too: "Thelonius Monster"...i quite like old jazz music and Thelonius Monk was one of my favourites (if you like to read you should search a biography about him, i have a feeling that he would fascinate you...).
Young people think that present rock stars are "rough motherfuckers" (if you allow me the pun...) but jazzcats like Charlie Christian, Charlie PArker, Monk and Miles Davis all did it 60 years ago....Those so-called shocking rockers are so fake...it's all been done 60 years ago...

BTW Gerd, what means Spijtebijt? Off topic I know, but I've never heard of it.

I don't know much about him, but i'm fascinated by the story of Hank Williams, who litterally drank himself to death (bit like Andre Hazes). Willams was in his mid 20's though I think.

Spijtebijt is a caracter in a book from Annie MG SChmidt which is bedtime literature for my 4 year old daughter (i'm reading it for her). It's a litlle orphan who is raised by two "Griezelberen" and who constantly bites people and afterwards is sorry for it...In fact it's a compliment because it's a likeable caracter... (Pluk bevrijdt de dieren, the sequel to the better known Pluk van de Petteflet).
I thought the analogy was fitting. Did it to provoke some people here. But nobody asked and i would have thought you would have known (aren't you a teacher??? i think you would be a good one).
Hank Williams is great if you like him try Robert Johnson...

Last edited:
The new REM is very good IMO. Around The Sun is the title of it and it's available to listen to on myspace.com

I like it, it's very soft and gentle, but it's beautiful as well.

Reminds me a litle of their magnum opus: "Automatic for the People". Since REM are a trio they make very good music...

Patrick Hernandez - BORN BORN BORN TO BE ALIVE

BORRRNNN
BORN.....
BORN TO BE ALIVE

CAUSE HE WAS BORN
BORNNNN
BORRRNNNNNN

gunnerglory said:
Patrick Hernandez - BORN BORN BORN TO BE ALIVE

BORRRNNN
BORN.....
BORN TO BE ALIVE

CAUSE HE WAS BORN
BORNNNN
BORRRNNNNNN

BOOORRRRNNNNN
BORN

BORN....

photo.jpg

CAUSE HE WAS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRN
BORN TO BE ALIVE

Madonna danced for Patrick Hernandez, she stayed a couple of months in a tiny litle Belgian village (don't remember the name).

So Gerd, haven't you had a moment where you just junped up from your couch wiggling your bum singing 'BOOORRRRRRN, BORN TO BE ALIVE'?

In this era bands are desperately trying to invent new sounds, or re-invent the sound of the 60's and that's why I love Around The Sun - REM so much. They're not doing anything new, they're not trying to experiment, they just write a bunch of damn good songs. That's what I love about them.

Again, nothing new, but simply their best album since Automatic for the People.

VanDerWendan

saw the last 10 mins of headliners on channel4 tonight

anyone else see it ?, I didnt catch the name of the band that was on around 5-10 mins towards the end of the show, very annoying

if anyone saw and knows please say

cheers!

(the singer had really short ginger hair, hope that helps!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom