Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClassicD said:
I've seen the new Ian Brown video, the one with Noel Gallagher in it. Song sounded good but the video is cack.

LOL that is SO true ClassicD - it is absolutely shite! The director must have said to them both "Right now Noel you stand at the back and try and look tough and moody, Ian you prance about looking like the true Monkey that you are" - "oh and don't fuck up, we've only got a £10 budget"!!

Yeah exactly, Noel standing there leaning against a wall playing an electric guitar - must have an invisible amp with him or something. Not that the video matters much anyway :).

I'm not usually big on rap but I got College Dropout on MP3 and I like it a lot, strange for me.

ClassicD said:
Yeah exactly, Noel standing there leaning against a wall playing an electric guitar - must have an invisible amp with him or something. Not that the video matters much anyway :).

I'm not usually big on rap but I got College Dropout on MP3 and I like it a lot, strange for me.

One of the best albums i've ever heard. As Jay-z says, Kanye West is a GENIUS!!!

check out the burnout 3 OST, dunno if it'll be released... but there's a jukebox ingame.
44 songs, good rock-a-like, new bands and well known ones.
"Lazy generation" by The F-Ups is very good, maybe cause I identify myself with it :mrgreen:

I'm also listening to Alter Bridge, new project from former Creed members.
"One day remains" is the album and "Open your eyes" is a huge song ;)

loz said:
Anyone been listening to the new Libertines album (self titled)? its quality. . .

I have and I agree. It doesnt even grow on you either, it starts off great and gets better the more you listen

Got hold of The Thrills new album yesterday (Lets Bottle Bohemia) seems pretty similar to their last one, and as yet no stand out tracks, but then again i just wanted to stick the libertines back on!!! 8) :mrgreen:

I think the new Libertines album is very average. Such a disappointment. IMO there are no songs that stand out and are at all memorable and is nowhere near 'Up the Bracket'.

BTW What album is 'Don't look back into the sun' on??

Have to agree with you Loz bout the Thrills. It's exactly like the old one.

Well the Scissor Sisters album is a definite no from me...

I got the new Embrace album on Monday and it is mighty fine if you like them. It's a lot better than the last couple of albums and they're keeping up with their anthem-like songs.

I listened to the Thrills album and it did sound like more of the same but that's no bad thing to me, will probably invest in it soon.

A mate at work has been playing the Kasabian album and I definitely need to pick that up now.

Has anyone heard the Go! Team? Kinda like the Avalanches on speed from the one song I've heard (Bottle Rocket) and they sound really good.

BTW What album is 'Don't look back into the sun' on??
It's on the 'I Get Along' EP.

ClassicD said:
Every Thrills song I've ever heard sounds the same, except not as good as Big Sur.

yeah true, but i think there were more stand out tracks on the last album, one horse town, santa cruz, Plans, travelling through, etc . . . But i see where you are coming from.

Anyone heard the new Avalanches album? its been out for a while but i cant find any reviews, well, apart from professional reviewers ;)

It's funny to see the completely different music scene in the UK. The Thrills, Avalanche tec are not too welll known over here. We only get to hear Franz Ferdinand and Robbie Williams. But I don't mind, because i don't listen to hitparade music at all.

You guys should check out some Belgian bands (ask Gerd), their music sene is great.

The Avalanches are not mainstream at all, I had competely forgotten about them (I got the first album). Franz Ferdinand are ok I guess, not really my cup of tea but I can see why people like them.

loz said:
Anyone heard the new Avalanches album? its been out for a while but i cant find any reviews, well, apart from professional reviewers ;)
Really? I had no idea it was out. Checked the website and there's no mention of a new one...

Mart said:
Really? I had no idea it was out. Checked the website and there's no mention of a new one...

well i saw it advertised on the hmv site a few weeks back, i'll see what i can find.

EDIT: Well it appears i WAS seeing things, there's an import album on there, but nothing new, bah!!! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought tickets for the REM gig 3 February in Ahoy, Rotterdam. Looking forward to that.

I have a question for the American members. What's teh general opinion about the Vote For Change tour in the US? Is it going to be big? Will there be TV broadcasts?

I will go to the REM gig in Antwerp on february 7th (my 43th birthday...)

Just bougt the new Nick Cave album (Abattoir blues/Orfeus Lyre): tremendous...

BigSleep said:
stupid question maybe... but since the thrills are irish, why their songs are about big sur, santa cruz, hollywood kids, your love is like las vegas...?

They wrote and recorded their album in the USA, Beach Boys stylee.

I like the Thrills, no particularly outstanding, inspiring tracks, but it's all upbeat and chilled...

Just a few songs I'm listening to right now:

Fall On Me - REM
E-Bow the Letter - REM
Blueprint - Novastar
I've Got Dreams to Remember - Otis Redding
Country Feedback - REM
Waiting For the Miracle - Leonard Cohen
Hunger Strike - Temple pf the Dog
Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam
A Forest - The Cure
Bone Thugs n Harmony - Down '71 (the Gateway)
RATM - Fistful of Steel
Thelonious Monster ft. Tom Waits - Adios Lounge
Fun Lovin' Criminals - Friday Nite

All great songs

Parkin09 said:
havent checked all the pages here but just wondering if anyone was into a band called Motion City Soundtrack they are absolute class i saw them on tour with Blink 182 earlier this year i can't stop listening to them there brilliant

anyone?
MCS are excellent, i went to see them at the Hammersmith gig. My fav: "The future freaks me out". Kasabian is class, "Reason is treason" is the stand out track for me right now. The Music`s "Welcome to the north" is probably my fav new record right now. Just ordered 13 cd`s from play.com so i should have enough music for a while.. Play.com: dangerous place..

joostebrood said:

Fall On Me - REM
E-Bow the Letter - REM
Blueprint - Novastar
Country Feedback - REM
Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam
A Forest - The Cure
RATM - Fistful of Steel

All great songs
joost im digging it, you still need to check out widespread panic like i told you, i suggest Space Wrangler, Light Fuse get away, or Everyday, these albums should get you started out right...

joostebrood said:

Fall On Me - REM
E-Bow the Letter - REM
Blueprint - Novastar
Country Feedback - REM
Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam
A Forest - The Cure
RATM - Fistful of Steel

All great songs

Good to see Temple of the Dog getting a mention! Have you got the full album? Its great to listen too when you are a bit down and moody!

On my rotation at the mo...

Green Day - "American Idiot"
Kasabian
The Music - "Freedom Fighters"
GLC - Greatest Hits
Grunge Mix 88-92 (iPod Playlist!)
Temple of the Dog & Alice In Chains cos I'm mardy at the moment!

I've had my iPod 2 weeks and have EVERY piece of music I own on it... I've never listened to so much music - its on every waking minute at the moment :-)

pboreham said:
On my rotation at the mo...

GLC - Greatest Hits

good stuff! :applause:

about the ipod mate been toying with the idea of getting one for a while, are they all what they are cracked out to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom