Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
loz said:
Rentboy said:
Something just popped in my mind as I realized I never saw anyone in here talking about Blur/Graham Coxon...

I really dig this kind of sound and, in fact, Happiness in Magazines by Coxon has been constantly in my playlist in the last couple of weeks. Anyone else into it?

Blur are my all-time fave band. . . Think Tank and Blur the albums are master pieces. Coxon has also done a few crackers solo . . ."Die Taylor, die. . . ." I dont know if they are the real words but i like to think they are :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rentboy, have you heard Mali Music? The Albarn project, its very different, but pretty good. Check it out if you havent already.

Hey there loz! Good to see some Blur fans here too ;)

My fav Blur album is The Great Escape. Perfect track by track! But all the others rock as well!

About Damon Albarn's Mali Music, haven't heard it yet. If you say it is that good, I'm gonna check it out ASAP!! And thx for the recommendation, mate!

p.s.: About this "Die Taylor" line you mentioned :D
which track is that?

i really cant remember now, i'll speak to my bro, he'll know, but its off one of Coxon's Solo albums . . . have you ever seen em live mate? They are excellent . . .really rock the place down

For my everlasting shame, I didn't :(
In fact, I think I'll never have a chance to be at one of their concerts. But if theres some good live material on Dvd, please tell me.

You think theres any chance Coxon will join the band again someday? I hope he could reconsider... Would be great.

Yeah i think he willm they appear to be talking now and both Coxon and Albarn have said they expect to write/play together again. . . .there are a number of good live cds - live at the budokan is one of the better ones and i think its also got a lot of the great escape stuff on it, as for actual video footage, i havent seen many i'm afraid. . . .

Pop Scene live though = 8)

Well, Live at the budokan? We're talking about bootlegs aint it? If so, this will be incredibly difficult for me to find, but still, good to know.

Someone said that there was a live version of Tender recorded on video that was awesome. Have you seen it? I'll search later on Kazaa, Soulseek, etc.. Maybe with some luck, who knows :)

Nah live at the budokan is an official release, as if i'd buy a bootleg ;)

havent heard/seen the tender vid, any ideas when and where its from?

Rentboy said:
My fav Blur album is The Great Escape. Perfect track by track! But all the others rock as well!

Well said mate, i love that album!
fav song of it is probably charmless man

Oh, I found Live at the budokan at cdnow :D
The set list sounds promising

stiffler, good call. I don't know which one ismy fav from The Great Escape.. Mr Robinson's Quango, Country House, Stereotypes, It could be you... All excellent tunes! There's an import version of it that has To the End sang in french, called La Comedie... Have you guys ever heard it? I think it's great.

loz, the Tender video is supposed to be from a TV show or something... Probably not taken from one of their gigs

Dunno if its been mentioned in here before, but Ben Kweller - On My Way - is a truely brilliant album, very chilled out, and some great acoutsic sounds on there, check it.

I wasn't sure whether this should go in the music thread or the TV thread. My wife was skipping through the music channels at the weekend and landed on Kiss, a video came on for Eric Prydz - Call on Me. Now keeping in mind it was 2:00pm the video for that song is incredibly revealing and doesn't leave much for the imagination. It's basically an Aerobics class, I presume its Eric at the back of the room, the rest are all women. The instructor is wearing an all in one black outfit which is a thong at the back. It is very provocative - try and check it out if you can ;)

Kudos to my wife for calling me in the room when it was on so I could see it :D

Yep, Call On me is a top tune and has been doing the clubs for a while now..

Good video yes, try to check it out if you haven't already :)

havent checked all the pages here but just wondering if anyone was into a band called Motion City Soundtrack they are absolute class i saw them on tour with Blink 182 earlier this year i can't stop listening to them there brilliant

anyone?

too lazy to read all of the pages, but right now (well, since a couple of years) Muse are definitely my favourite band.
they reached a huge success with the last album that maybe it's the worse...

happy to see people who appreciate blur!
I kept singing "tender" all the week long when I went to dublin in 1999...

Scissor Sisters - yes or no?

I'm nudging towards no after listening to the album a few times.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Heard some snippets of the new Ian Brown and Kasabian albums sounds pretty decent anyone heard these??

Heard a new Ian Brown track on the radio today, sounded good. That is all

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Heard some snippets of the new Ian Brown and Kasabian albums sounds pretty decent anyone heard these??

Tha Kasabian album is sweetness, got it last week and well worth a listen..........

I've also been bang on The Killers & Prince's Greatest Hits (Everyone's a Winner!!! ;) )

Well went to see the futureheads last night

What can i say :shock:

These guys are going to be MASSIVE, if anyone hasnt heard them i urge them to get the album

Theyre supporting Franz Ferdinand in the US of A soon

ProEvo said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Tha Kasabian album is sweetness, got it last week and well worth a listen..........

I've also been bang on The Killers & Prince's Greatest Hits (Everyone's a Winner!!! ;) )

Kasabian's album is class. It's out on Monday isn't it?

I'll be buying that along with the Definitely Maybe DVD.

BOADC said:
ProEvo said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Kasabian's album is class. It's out on Monday isn't it?

I'll be buying that along with the Definitely Maybe DVD.

Listened to them both over the weekend ,both Albums are good, Kasabian are feckin ace!! Dont know much about these dudes, think this is their 1st album.

I had to check myself when I read its the 10 year anniversary of Definatley Maybe :shock: :shock:

One of my all time favourite albums and one of the best years of my life. "Columbia" still bangs !!

I still cherish what a drunken Liam gallagher shouted at George Best as he was recieving an award at an awards ceremony:

"YOU'RE NUTHIN BUT A DIRTY FOOKIN RED!!!!!!!"

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Listened to them both over the weekend ,both Albums are good, Kasabian are feckin ace!! Dont know much about these dudes, think this is their 1st album.

I had to check myself when I read its the 10 year anniversary of Definatley Maybe :shock: :shock:

One of my all time favourite albums and one of the best years of my life. "Columbia" still bangs !!

Yeah Definitely Maybe is my favourite album along with The Stone Roses. The Definitely Maybe DVD is quite good from what I've seen of it today, loads of stuff I haven't seen before on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom