Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stiffler said:
gonna see the GLC this friday - cant wait should be a good laugh :D

i have actually got a spare ticket to this one of the boys had dropped out, so if anyone in the south wales area (long shot i know) is after a ticket then PM me
i think they are playing glastonbury too so they could become huge so dont miss out! (jesus i sound like a salesman :oops: lol)

The new Razorlight album comes out on monday, should be well worth a look, although its a huge shame that all of their B-Sides arent on there as well! Im addicted to them! So check it out if you have the cash.

Anyone tried the Scissor Sisters album? Ive heard mixed reviews, but can get Laura out of my head so im tempted to throw caution to the wind and take a risk on it.

Boro said:
The new Razorlight album comes out on monday, should be well worth a look, although its a huge shame that all of their B-Sides arent on there as well! Im addicted to them! So check it out if you have the cash.

Just finished my first listen of it. Brilliant stuff :D
Great summer music, chill out stuff with some really really catchy stuff on there. If you like the likes of Jet or Franz Ferdinand then check it out.

i was just wondering about this song i heard somewhere the other day it went -

"im gonna getcha one way or another"

and thats all i know, if anyone knows it plz post what its called,

cheers

metallica said:
i was just wondering about this song i heard somewhere the other day it went -

"im gonna getcha one way or another"

and thats all i know, if anyone knows it plz post what its called,

cheers

If its what i think it is then its a real oldie by Blondie - One Way Or Another i think its called. Although im sure there must be a Blondie fan on here that'll put me right. Anyway the chorus is:

One way, or another I'm gonna find ya I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya
One way, or another I'm gonna win ya, I'll get ya, I'll get ya
One way, or another, I'm gonna see ya, I'm gonna meet ya meet ya meet ya meet ya
One day maybe next week, I'm gonna meet ya, I'll meet ya

The Polyphonic Spree - Together we're heavy

I particulalry like - Section 13 (Diamonds_Mild Devotion to Majesty).

Very atmospheric album, as anyone would expect if they have heard their first album, and if ya get the chance to check em out live, do it, do it!!!

Boro said:

Got hold of it yesterday, its a good listen and there are a few standout tracks on there. No doubt more tracks will grab me the more I listen

ProEvo said:
Prodigys new album kicks ASSSSS!!!!! 8) ;)

They never disappoint...........

Im not a big fan of this genre of music, im more into hip-hop and rap, but this album is hot, and action radar is a wkd tune.

I need assitance.
There's this french song that I've been looking for. I used to have it a couple a years ago but then I lost it. The problem is that I don't remember the artist or the song name.
It had a chick singing stuff I understand except for "Lela lela lella lela lela la". I was pretty popular at the time. It's a pop song.
Anyone have an idea about the song or the artist name?

Pires7 said:
ProEvo said:

Im not a big fan of this genre of music, im more into hip-hop and rap, but this album is hot, and action radar is a wkd tune.

I'm a hip hop nerd but this new Prodigy album is the best thing ive heard all year, from the moment spitfire starts you know whats up!!

lumlum said:
I need assitance.
There's this french song that I've been looking for. I used to have it a couple a years ago but then I lost it. The problem is that I don't remember the artist or the song name.
It had a chick singing stuff I understand except for "Lela lela lella lela lela la". I was pretty popular at the time. It's a pop song.

Maybe "Moi Lolita" by Alizee??

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Pires7 said:
ProEvo said:

I'm a hip hop nerd but this new Prodigy album is the best thing ive heard all year, from the moment spitfire starts you know whats up!!

Spitfire is a tune, Juliette Lewis (Indie-Movie chick) has got some voice on her!!! :shock:

I like the MJ-Thriller rip-off as well, think its track 11!!!! 8) 8) 8)

You'll probably never have heard of him (it is only one guy despite the name), but Mull Historical Society's 'This Is Hope' is brilliant. It's not out till Monday though.

hibsfc said:
lumlum said:
I need assitance.

Maybe "Moi Lolita" by Alizee??
Nope. It's a bit older than that.
Thanks anyway.

ClassicD said:
You'll probably never have heard of him (it is only one guy despite the name), but Mull Historical Society's 'This Is Hope' is brilliant. It's not out till Monday though.

I've got his last album, pretty good, I'll have to keep an eye out for "This Is Hope"............. ;)

This will be his 3rd album, debut is still one of my favourite albums (Loss) and the second one is a pretty good but nowhere near Loss or This Is Hope IMO.

P.S. ProEvo what happened to your '!!!!!" ? ;)

ClassicD said:
This will be his 3rd album, debut is still one of my favourite albums (Loss) and the second one is a pretty good but nowhere near Loss or This Is Hope IMO.

P.S. ProEvo what happened to your '!!!!!" ? ;)

Don't worry, I just found it again!!!!!! ;)

Just got my hands on the Rooney album and its a good one. A cross between Razorlight and Maroon 5 I think

MTV really guides me on what albulms to buy, my most recent favourite one is under my skin - avril lavigne.

Sulph said:
MTV really guides me on what albulms to buy, my most recent favourite one is under my skin - avril lavigne.

Yep, the album was pure class. Favourite track?

Edit-This joke didn't work.

Something you guys should try: the last 3 albums of Wilco are class...

Something just popped in my mind as I realized I never saw anyone in here talking about Blur/Graham Coxon...

I really dig this kind of sound and, in fact, Happiness in Magazines by Coxon has been constantly in my playlist in the last couple of weeks. Anyone else into it?

Rentboy said:
Something just popped in my mind as I realized I never saw anyone in here talking about Blur/Graham Coxon...

I really dig this kind of sound and, in fact, Happiness in Magazines by Coxon has been constantly in my playlist in the last couple of weeks. Anyone else into it?

Blur are my all-time fave band. . . Think Tank and Blur the albums are master pieces. Coxon has also done a few crackers solo . . ."Die Taylor, die. . . ." I dont know if they are the real words but i like to think they are :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rentboy, have you heard Mali Music? The Albarn project, its very different, but pretty good. Check it out if you havent already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom