Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the new Eminem song/video is way too much like a few of his previous videos. The guy is very talented, but 'Lose It' to me is just an easy way to earn some money. This is one for the charts, I think Eminem is at his best when he just writes a damn good rap.

1 out of 5 here.

I want to ask the Americans a few questions. How's the media attention for the Vote For Change tour? How are the reviews? What's the general opinion on the tour? Do you think it will influence the elections at all?

www.greenday.com

Green Day announce European tour incase anyone else is interested

Also Sugarcult are supporting, I heard New Found Glory might support too

Cant wait

joostebrood said:
I want to ask the Americans a few questions. How's the media attention for the Vote For Change tour? How are the reviews? What's the general opinion on the tour? Do you think it will influence the elections at all?
Im not an American but Im a big fan of Pearl Jam, and from what I know it dosnt look like it has a big influence on the election. Most people are basically there for the music, Spirngsteen, Pearl Jam, REM, Neil Young, Dave Matthews etc.

Metallica said:
Does anyone know what the fastest way is to put music from a CD onto your PC ?

also - Peugeot 406(?) advert, just what is that song

cheers
I use windows media player, does the trick.

DirtyFrank said:
Im not an American but Im a big fan of Pearl Jam, and from what I know it dosnt look like it has a big influence on the election. Most people are basically there for the music, Spirngsteen, Pearl Jam, REM, Neil Young, Dave Matthews etc.

That's what I thought yes. i'm also a pretty big Pearl Jam fan, same with REM and The boss, so I'd be going for music only as well I think.

Anyone catch Later . . .with Jools Holland last night?

Greenday, Robbie Williams, Estelle and Elvis Costello (not normally someone i listen to) were all really good. But the person that impressed me the most was Nellie McKay. Ive never heard of her before and her song, Ding Dong, was excellent. Just got hold of her album so i'll post a review later ;)

The new Manics album is out today and I'm hearing good things, anyone listened to it yet? Apparently the Richard Nixon single is the worst song on there...

I'm going to try and pick up Tony Christie's greatest hits today as well, Bolton playing "Is this the way to Amarillo" after beating Newcastle yesterday didn't help. Nothing like a bit of sing-along cheesiness.

loz said:
Anyone catch Later . . .with Jools Holland last night?

Greenday, Robbie Williams, Estelle and Elvis Costello (not normally someone i listen to) were all really good. But the person that impressed me the most was Nellie McKay. Ive never heard of her before and her song, Ding Dong, was excellent. Just got hold of her album so i'll post a review later ;)
I forgot all about this. Nellie McKay = genius, get hold of a copy if you like some chilled out dolly parton mixed with Eminem :shock: ;)

The Manics were on later . . .. . on Friday, didnt think much of them tbh, they generally make a few good songs, but i just think they stink, but i couldnt tell you why :roll:

Might buy that Nellie McKay one after reading about it, sounds ideal for my experimental purchase of the month. :)

Anyone heard Har Mar Superstar's new one? This isn't normally my thing but I've heard a few clips on iTunes and they sound good. People are also recommending it.

Just got hold of the new Eminem album and its great. Just thought I would share that with you

CWright said:
Just got hold of the new Eminem album and its great. Just thought I would share that with you
Naughty, naughty, very naughty! I've had it a couple of days now. Didnt really like it that much at first, but listened to it a few times since and its definitely a grower. Not as good as previous stuff, but pretty cool tho.

I wasn't impressed by the Eminem album. Might be a grower I guess but I'm not so sure...

Nope, I don't like the new album either. Haven't really liked any of his stuff since the Slim Shady LP. I saw Franz in Manchester a few weeks back, really enjoyed it actually. They had a fitting tribute to John Peel with a cracking performance of Teenage Kicks as well.

sorry to change the momentum of this thread, but do any of you out there in evo-land enjoy classic rock tunes?

my favourites, a loooong list, includes: Beatles, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Neil Young (CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Crazy Horse etc.) Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, CCR, Doors ... and it goes on

i cant get enough of these timeless classics, hope there are other admirers amongst you lot

-fb

Gotta say I like the new Eminem album. Bit same old though.

FootieBalla I like Beatles, CCR, Doors, old Whitesnake stuff.

You're not alone in that one Footieballa. I love Springsteen and The Stones. All the other names are quality as well.

Did any of you guys hear the Pearl Jam set during the Vote For Change final? They played an amazing version of Masters Of War by Bob Dylan. There was so much anger in it, it was fabulous. Same with the Springsteen/REM version of Man On The Moon and Because The Night. Micheal Stipe together with Eddie Vedder doing Begin The Begin was also amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom