Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TROY, DO NOT READ BELOW THE DOTTED LINE

You know when Paris kills Achilles at the end, he dies, however, you all thought Achilles was immortal. What they dont show you in the movie was when Achilles mother was to dip him into the river Sphix or something, she dipped him in by his ankle and so he was mortal from there. So when Paris shot him in the ankle, was the cause of his death.

SulphuricX said:
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TROY, DO NOT READ BELOW THE DOTTED LINE

You know when Paris kills Achilles at the end, he dies, however, you all thought Achilles was immortal. What they dont show you in the movie was when Achilles mother was to dip him into the river Sphix or something, she dipped him in by his ankle and so he was mortal from there. So when Paris shot him in the ankle, was the cause of his death.

I think it was stupid that they dont reveal that to people.

Just saw 'Radio' on DVD starring Cuba Gooding Jr. Feckin brilliant film! I loved ever minute of it. Cuba plays this mentally disabled guy which a Football (American Football that is) Coach takes a liking too and he starts taking him on his schools football games as a helper of sorts. Anyways its amazing, Cuba pulls his character off perfectly. definite 9 out of 10 for me.

Milanista said:
Just watched Micheal Moore's Farenheit 9/11... very powerful movie.

Makes you wonder how corrupt the American government really is, and how this war in Iraq is all a load of shit. Although this movie is quite biased.

Michael Moore makes good films, but it's just so hard to trust what he says as he presents less of an argument, and more of an anti-Bush diatribe. I don't like Bush, but Moore just doesn't grasp the concept of balance, and it really hurts his argument.

MarkD said:
Milanista said:

Makes you wonder how corrupt the American government really is, and how this war in Iraq is all a load of shit. Although this movie is quite biased.

Michael Moore makes good films, but it's just so hard to trust what he says as he presents less of an argument, and more of an anti-Bush diatribe. I don't like Bush, but Moore just doesn't grasp the concept of balance, and it really hurts his argument.

haha Mark do u miss out on doing the usual 16 year old stuff becuase u are so clever?

When i was 16 i wasnt talking about an "anti-Bush diatribe" i was planning my next waterfight and whos doorhandle to put a milkbottle on next :)

MrCoopz said:
When i was 16 i wasnt talking about an "anti-Bush diatribe" i was planning my next waterfight and whos doorhandle to put a milkbottle on next :)

Did you grow up in the 60's then Coopz? ;)

loz said:
Shogun Assassin - WATCH IT!!!

i quite like the old kung fu/samurai films but i just found it a bit wierd to be honest. (i picked it up for a fiver in hmv if anyone else is looking out for it)

although on my sons first birthday im gonna lay out a copy of pes and a copy of fifa and if he chooses the fifa ... :twisted: . loz as you seem to be a fan of kung fu films do you have any idea where i can get hold of 'shaolin exectutioners' or 'clan of the white lotus'.

i also recently bought ***once upon a time in the west (sergio leone)***. im not really a big fan of westerns but its one of the best films iv ever seen and a must see for anyone who is seriously interested in films. seriously, make sure you see this film !! i got it for quite cheap in the 'v' shop (a brand of virgin i think).

does anyone know if internal affairs is worth watching ?

MrCoopz said:
MarkD said:
Milanista said:

haha Mark do u miss out on doing the usual 16 year old stuff becuase u are so clever?

:mrgreen: hehe...............giving the old people the shiters. [-X

FD

Watched JU-ON:The Grudge last night, problably the scariest Horror movie I've seen since Ringu..............very atmospheric and doesn't use a load of gore to scare its audience!!!!

Got the sequel to watch now.............. :shock: ;)

super mick mcarthy said:
watched farhenheit 9/11 yesterday

Very interesting film although i felt it slightly lost its way in the second half

Yeah, I've just sat thru it myself & feel the same...........the info about Bush's (& Bush Snr) past was pretty shockin!!!

Still very powerful and if Bush stays in power I'll be shocked.......... ;)

fillums

watched in the last couple of weeks

OldBoy - ace but grim Korean film about a bloke who gets kidnapped off the street and held captive for 15 years but doesnt know why, then he gets let out......

SuperTroopers - daft american film about highway patrol cops, made me laugh a lot quite frequently

Infernal Affairs - top crime thriller about undercover cops and triads with 2 top performances by Andy Lau and Tony Leung ( tony from Hard Boiled(best gun flick ever))

Mulholland Drive - What the Fook??? is what i said when i first watched it
i was riveted but confused at the end, i watched the beginning again and now i think its friggin genius

Versus - Jap Triads with guns V Kung Fu Zombies and completely over the top, have a couple of beers first ( or concoction of your choice) and really enjoy

Taxi 2 - French flick about a guy with a souped up taxi and a Zidane shirt, good car chases, pretty funny and not to be taken seriously, the 1st one is better, you can get both in a box set from Music Zone and HMVm for about £5, well worth it, also if anyone played Burnout1 on PS/2 they should recognise some of the roads

Just watched Spider-Man 2 last nite.I must say that its definitely not for kids(they say kids will love it),it has too much love questions,drama,dilemma and violence for kids.Definitely better than the first one,it has a more serious storyline.Great CGIs,you cant differentiate between real and fake.Definitely a must watch this summer.

Yeah, just saw it too.. absolutely brilliant I must say. I thought the first one was average but this one was much better.

just watched Spiderman 2 action packed, soppy, Good stuff
Can't wait to watch it on the big screen.

Kirsten dunst still does it for me big time. :D

Saw dodgeball and SM 2 yesterday. . . .

Cnt get enough of Spiderman, quality all round, imo and i cant wait for the next 1 now :)

Dodgeball is laugh a minute, and Ben Stiller sure knows how to act Irony!! :)

Anyone seen Coffee and Cigarettes?

its got iggy pop, bill murray, the white stripes, roberto megnini, and a ton of other famous people.

Apparently its really funny so im off to go see it once i arrive in milan... right now im packing the house... moving back to milan on friday :)

Milanista said:
Yep... 3 years in canada.... going back to europe .. finally :)

well good luck mate, not sure how far ya gona get packing the house though, it wont fit on the 'plane will it? ;)

Re: fillums

mikemcenroe said:
Mulholland Drive - What the Fook??? is what i said when i first watched it
i was riveted but confused at the end, i watched the beginning again and now i think its friggin genius

Couldn't agree more, never has my head been so messed up at the end of a movie!!!! :shock:

David Lynch is a Genius, gonna watch it again tonight to try and figure it out........ ;)

thebigman1888 said:
anyone seen football factory yet? 1 of the best films ive seen in ages.quite an eye opener too. :shock:

i got it on pirate about six months ago from outside white hart lane :twisted: . i dunno if it was the edit but i thought it was pretty cr*p. the firm and id are much better imo. have you heard about a film called the yank as well - it has elijah wood as a casual from the icf :roll:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom