Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamie_mack said:
but kill bill is one film! ;)

well they should of just kept it to one release, releasing it in 2 separate volumes just messed it up, curse miramax.

for me kill bill is the worse films quinton tarantino has ever made, doesn't even compare to jackie brown.

don't get me wrong i did sought of enjoyed the 1st volume, well only the second half, since it did the work of waking me from a deep slumber during the first half.

Just saw 50 First Dates yesterday. Loved it! Brilliant film if you can see past the little story potholes here and there. The film is bloody hilarious and at certain points had me in stitches. Definitely recommend it for anyone in the mood for a nice heart warming comedy.

Yeah Baggs saw it yesterday too, very good. Rob Schneider is brilliant in it, funny how him and Sandler keep giving Cameo's in each other's movies, albeit he was more prominent in this film.

Also got round to watching the concluding part of Ghost and the Darkness, actually quite enjoyed it. True story too. :shock:

FD

Saw Knightrider 2000 today, bad acting, bad plot and awful dialogue, everything ya want in a knightrider film :)

loz said:
Saw Knightrider 2000 today, bad acting, bad plot and awful dialogue, everything ya want in a knightrider film :)

I remember watching that not so long ago meself, thought it was great ;)

yeah, there's also some great combat moves at the end, when michael knighton (AKA David Hasselhoff) does some kind of spinning bird kick. . . .cant beat it :)

15585coleman_hasselhoff.jpg

ha ha, i got that pic in an email recently with the topic wright-phillips signs new city deal in front of manager!!!!

Saw Carandiru the other day, quality and not what yuo'd expect.

Its not City of God (although theres a couple actors from that film init) but its a really good watch and not like ya average prison flick.

American Wedding, saw it last night. top quality, laugh a minute . . .Stiffler must be one of the best characters EVER!!!!! . . . . .When theyre are in the club and he says: "I know that guy WANTS to fuck me!!!"

dont get funnier than that!!

Van Hellsing = Van Smellbring.... because this movie stank.

The problem with this movie was that there were ludicrous amounts of over-the-top things to have to accept... especially in a movie that takes itself so seriously.

Every character, and I mean every character, is basically Spiderman... I can accept that superdemon/superangel characters can do some wicked cool shit, but when regular humans do the same crap right after.... it's a bit stupid.

Oh, and Kate Beckinsale can't act her way out of a paper sack. Plus, I don't find her at all attractive in this film, so there's not even eye candy.

Worst film I've seen this year.

Anyone watching/watched Battle Royal? Its on Channel 4 at the moment - japanese film about school kids put on an island to kill each other. Bar the japanese subtitles its great! Some brilliant deaths, like the girls neck spurting blood or the guy with the uzi on a killing spree. An axe too the neck and some random suicides too. Very gory and a funny film. Good for a late night film :thumbup:

eatontj said:
Van Hellsing = Van Smellbring.... because this movie stank.

The problem with this movie was that there were ludicrous amounts of over-the-top things to have to accept... especially in a movie that takes itself so seriously.

Every character, and I mean every character, is basically Spiderman... I can accept that superdemon/superangel characters can do some wicked cool shit, but when regular humans do the same crap right after.... it's a bit stupid.

Oh, and Kate Beckinsale can't act her way out of a paper sack. Plus, I don't find her at all attractive in this film, so there's not even eye candy.

Worst film I've seen this year.

I completely agree, it was shit. It was long and boring, i wanted to leave.
The accent Kate Beckinsale had was terrible, it was the worst accent ive ever heard. The storyline was bullshit and repetetive. 3d effects were shit.

I disagree on kate beckinsale not being attractive, i think shes HOT.

Boro said:
Anyone watching/watched Battle Royal? Its on Channel 4 at the moment - japanese film about school kids put on an island to kill each other. Bar the japanese subtitles its great! Some brilliant deaths, like the girls neck spurting blood or the guy with the uzi on a killing spree. An axe too the neck and some random suicides too. Very gory and a funny film. Good for a late night film :thumbup:

It was a bloody brilliant film. I kept falling asleep though, what happened at the end? I remember seeing the computer virus hitting the headquarters. I fell asleep and woke up and saw this Jap sat there and then the end credits rolled!

I dont quite know i missed part of it. But the guys who set the virus free got killed i think by some guy with a weird name. Then it ended up with 3 of them left (the guy who had been through it before) and he turned agasint them and killed them....supposedly. Then those 3 (i thought they were dead) walked into the room with the teacher in - Q long conversation then they killed him and got on a boat home. Confusing, i think i missed a scene when i went to get a drink.

Am i the only one here that think Van Helsing is not bad, actually I think it's quite good to be an entertainment movie (You buy the ticket and just for relax or dont need to think too much what's the story about. Just watch it, that's it.)

You wont get bored more than 3 mins, imo.

PS. I think most the the chicks in this movie is HOT. (2 of the Brides of Dracula and the actress)

I watched Battle Royale too. It was ok. There a Battle Royale 2 isn't there?
I thought the only wrong with it was the deaths themselves. They get shot 600 times and then begin talking normally as if nothing has happened and all of a sudden the eyes close and head tilts forward and they're dead.

Did you see that bit where the psycho killer with the machine gun shoots that boy. The boy waits for him to go away and then gets up and shouts "Thank god for my bullet proof vest! I'm still alive!" then the nutter just comes back and chops his head off. That was funny.

Rob said:
I watched Battle Royale too. It was ok. There a Battle Royale 2 isn't there?
I thought the only wrong with it was the deaths themselves. They get shot 600 times and then begin talking normally as if nothing has happened and all of a sudden the eyes close and head tilts forward and they're dead.

Did you see that bit where the psycho killer with the machine gun shoots that boy. The boy waits for him to go away and then gets up and shouts "Thank god for my bullet proof vest! I'm still alive!" then the nutter just comes back and chops his head off. That was funny.

Lol yeah that was class!
Battle Royal 2 is about the survivors setting up a terrorist organisation on...wait for it...an island. And the government send another class of kids to kill them. Or something like that. I havent seen it but thats what ive been told. Did anyone else find it hard to distinguish between the girls and the boys on the bus at the start? All with the same length and colour hair and almost the same clothes.

I missed the first 20 minutes but the boys do look like girls. Did the film remind anyone of "The lord of the flies" I watched it in school and it has a same-ish story line. There must be something about Japanese student being able to take so many bullets though. Must be all the sushi.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
ClassicD said:
The second one is meant to be pish, got the first one on DVD years ago for £8 or something.

think the first one is kinda over rated...

whats ya sig about??

It's a cheap copy of mine. :)

oi oi Classic, wouldnt be taking the piss out of my dialect now would ya?

Not taking the piss Loz, just some playful jest. If ya feel ya can't handle it then give me a shout will ya and I'll have no problem removing it to accomodate ya.

Ya?

lol, course i dont mind mate, i feel like ive finally made it, tbh ;) check YA laters :)

I watched Battle Royale too, I'd heard a lot of good things about it and it didn't disappoint, fantastic film. I enjoy those sort of death match style scenarios, like Lord of the Flies, or anything set on a deserted island, like CastAway or Swiss Family Robinson. Reckon we could get an Evo-Web Battle Royale set up? :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom