Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrCoopz said:
yeah its the 3rd one and the best yet

with stiffler theres Laughs aplenty, everytime hes on screen he says something or pulls a face and u have to laugh :)

Right imma check that out Coopz...

and its got nothing to do with the naughty maids I saw in one clip :mrgreen:

i watched Bad Boys 2 last night and its was OK, same old shit really. 2 disfunctional cops fucking up while trying to catch a villian thats about it.

Watched The Last Samurai yesterday, a very very good film, except for the cheesy corny fact that tom cruise plays the leading role and the reason he went to japan in the first place is ludicrous, knowing the real japanese would never let that happen...otherwise the best film of the year so far (to be release in the uk) IMO.

Don't fancy that at all, I just cannot get my head around an American becoming a Samurai at all, not least 'the last' Samurai. It desecrates the ancient Japanese warrior!

I just saw Minority Report for the first time, it was rather good though there was one huge hole in the plot that took it down a peg or two, and I'm about to say what it is so don't read any further if you ain't seen it yet and plan to:

The killer, the old guy - he premadatately hired someone to try to kill the precon's mother, so that he could do it when the PreCrime boys had caught him and left. Correct me if I'm wrong but that still classifies as him setting out to kill someone, and therefore should have shown up? I could be missing something here, tell me if I am.

It did show up, that was Agatha's vision. Because he set up two identical looking murders, 2 of the precogs picked up the fake and Agatha picked up the real one. As the woman explains in the greenhouse, if there's ever a differing view (Agatha's) it's deleted instantly, so all they're ever left with is the fake.

So yes, they picked up both, just at the same time looking identical - the whole point.

But the old man's entire 'plot' if you like is still his desire to have her killed. That would have come up before he figured out that using someone else to do it entered his head. I kind of know what you're getting at, but the fact that there had been no murders since it started, and that the other 2 precogs missed his initial plan seems very weak to me. I know she's the main one, etc, but still.

Villafc said:
That ain't the only flaw in that film mate.. there's a glaring one when Cruise is breaking back into see the precog's that totally ruined the movie for me..
I know, I put that one down to artistic license. The instant he was found out to be a future killer all his ID perks would have been gone.

But the old man's entire 'plot' if you like is still his desire to have her killed. That would have come up before he figured out that using someone else to do it entered his head. I kind of know what you're getting at, but the fact that there had been no murders since it started, and that the other 2 precogs missed his initial plan seems very weak to me. I know she's the main one, etc, but still.
Desire isn't anything to do with it, it's the future happening of a murder which the precogs pick up. Although he may have planned for ages what he was going to do, what the precogs see is only how the murder will happen, not what the murderer plans. So all he had to do was plan it all out so that it would look identical, and then go to carry out those plans. It's only the execution of the plans, the murder itself, which they see. Because the kills were in quick succession in almost identical situations, that's why they get confused. They aren't reading anyone's thoughts, they see what will happen.

I had to turn my computer back on when I figured out how to say what I meant ;)

Babs with your super intelligence, any chance you can make one of those Fantasy Sex machines that was in the film. No doubt you'd be able to build one in no time. :mrgreen: ;)

FD

Went to see 'the Last Samurai' yesterday. Great movie.

8.2 out of 10

(8.2 is how high I rate the movie for the people who don't understand)

fd1972uk said:
Babs with your super intelligence, any chance you can make one of those Fantasy Sex machines that was in the film. No doubt you'd be able to build one in no time. :mrgreen: ;)
"No, I want to kill my boss" :mrgreen:.

Franklin, that's because i rate it higher than just 8. That's why I give it an 8.2. On www.imdb.com the average rating after thousands of votes was 7.9. I don't think that serves the movie right.

8.2 it is!!

For those waiting to see the 2nd part of Kill Bill you will now have to wait a bit longer. Its release has been pushed back til April but nobody knows why

I am very curious to see the movie "21 grams with Sean Penn and Benicio Del Torro. Appears to be very good.
I also say Bowling for Columbine last week. I was dying to se eit for a while and it was a very very good documentary. 8.5 out of 10

Yeah I saw it before, very good. :mrgreen:

I watched K-Pax and Training Day last week, both where good, especially Training Day with Denzel Washington brilliant in the film.

FD

You can't beat the occasional viewing of The Goonies.

sloth2.JPG

HEYYYYY YOOOO GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Yeh, I saw Scary Movie 3 last weekend too. Im still chuckling remembering certain scenes.

"I swear I didn't touch her! she's a girl!" :mrgreen:

CWright said:
For those waiting to see the 2nd part of Kill Bill you will now have to wait a bit longer. Its release has been pushed back til April but nobody knows why

ah i really cant wait for the second part, but looks like i might have to. :( :roll:

Just saw 21 Grams - fucking brilliant movie. Naomi Watts has the biggest bing-cheryy nipples in cinematic history. MUST SEE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom