Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of, this is the last big one I'm looking forward to before Kill Bill vol.2. After that I dunno what I'll do, no more LOTR each year, no more Matrix, etc :(.

I will confess to never having seen any of the original Star Wars movies, I'm waiting till I've seen these 3 first so that I'm essentially watching them all in order. I didn't think much of Episode 1, Attack of The Clones was not bad though.

What you mean CD, you ain't never saw any of THE Star Wars film.............are you some kind of weirdo? Did your Mummy not let you goto watch pictures of Shaggy creatures, characters such as Darth Invader-her, Princess Layher and Hand Solo. Parents, I don't know. :x

FD

I dunno, I've just never been exposed to the series in the way other people my age have, dunno why.

babs I saw a trailer for that it looks utter shite ;).

babs said:
The Last Samurai may be alright.

is that the Tom Cruise film?

CD, how old are you? never having seen the original Star Wars films is shocking ---->>>> :shock:

But, tbh, i think it's be good to never have seen the originals and then just sitting down and watching the lot straight off, what a quality film session that'd be. altho the depreciation in quality fx (compared to the kind of things they can do these days) might be a bit off-putting.

even tho they were ground breaking in their time they do look dated. just imagine how good they could be if they had made them now, think about the battle when the take out the death star, that could look fucking fantastic with CGI.

loz said:
even tho they were ground breaking in their time they do look dated. just imagine how good they could be if they had made them now, think about the battle when the take out the death star, that could look fucking fantastic with CGI.

I think it looks fucking fantastic as it is. To me, animated models look more real than cgi ones. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Nope it's not just you Zeb, I still think it looks fantastic. There are mistakes that you can see, however these movies are over 20-25 years old or so, whilst movies like Matrix and Terminator 3 have bloopers in them still.

FD

MrCoopz said:
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Facking excellent

is it really tho Coopz?

Isnt it just Crowe trying to be Mel Gibson or Kevin Costner?

looks freakin pants to me.

just saw kill bill. didn't think it was that great IMO.

i grew up reading mangas so it didn't looked that special.

the anime bit was nice though.

In a British program about Colin Farrell's lastest flick SWAT presented by some British blonde. The best bit was her interview of ice-cool Samuel L. Jackson:

Blonde: What was it like working with Colin?, cos he is just so hot in the U.K. right now
>
Jackson: he's pretty hot in the U.S. too
>
Blonde: Yeah, but he is one of our own
>
Jackson: Isn't he from Ireland?
>
Blonde: Yeah, but we can claim him cos Ireland is beside us
>
Jackson: You see that's your problem right there. You British keep claiming people that don't belong to you. We had that problem here in America too, it was called slavery.

:D

:mrgreen: LOL...........typical English no doubt. If he was a convicted peado or whatever, it would be something along the lines of:-

'British, no he's a dirty Irish bastard, has nothing to do with the UK whatsoever, Totty muncher what he is'.

FD

Time to revive this one with some oldies.

Saw Monster's Ball last night which was pretty good, not a 'great' film but most engrossing. On right afterwards was John Q, which I've seen before but I found myself unable to stop watching anyway. Again it's not a top class flick but Denzel Washington's acting and the wee boy had me nearly blubbering at one point :oops:!

Going to see LOTR on Monday, so anyone who wants to talk about it would be best keeping out of here and making a 'LOTR *WARNING SPOILERS*' topic seperately, for those who haven't seen it yet ;).

ClassicD said:
Time to revive this one with some oldies.

Saw Monster's Ball last night which was pretty good, not a 'great' film but most engrossing. On right afterwards was John Q, which I've seen before but I found myself unable to stop watching anyway. Again it's not a top class flick but Denzel Washington's acting and the wee boy had me nearly blubbering at one point :oops:!

Going to see LOTR on Monday, so anyone who wants to talk about it would be best keeping out of here and making a 'LOTR *WARNING SPOILERS*' topic seperately, for those who haven't seen it yet ;).

Not seen Mosters ball but I understand Hale Barry gets shagged rotten in it so It maybe worth a watch just for that :D

Going to see LOTR on Saturday Night looking forward to it but not to sure about sitting there for 3 & a half hours :(

Yeah there's a pretty graphic sex scene, graphic in the sense that it's two 'A-List' actors involved and it's not 'staged' in that genitalia would not have been able to avoid genitalia if you know what I mean ;). You shouldn't just watch it for that though, it's a good film.

btw who's 'Hale Barry'? Is that like some kind of hybrid between Aston Villa's left back and hard rain?

I am off to see Lord Oft Rings on Sunday afternoon. Should be an absolute cracker

Nearly four hours at the cinema watching that sh*t last nite!!!

Why the fuck dont they have breaks during films anymore??

My mate was having severe nicotine withdrawals, people fell asleep, after getting a huge drinks people wanted to piss, kids wanted more popcorn, I wanted more popcorn, you could see people shifting around in the seats trying to get comfy...

Surely the cinemas must know that they would make more money if they had a break plus you can enjoy the films alot more if you've been to the lou, stretched ya legs etc...

Sort it out!!

Fantastic film though!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
....kids wanted more popcorn, I wanted more popcorn

No need to repeat yourself. :mrgreen: :twisted: ;)

Yeah I agree, I remember when the break would come on and you could run down to the ice cream seller and buy something before the movie started again.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
....kids wanted more popcorn, I wanted more popcorn

No need to repeat yourself. :mrgreen: :twisted: ;)

Yeah I agree, I remember when the break would come on and you could run down to the ice cream seller and buy something before the movie started again.

FD

Well of course to an old piss head like you we're all kids ;) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom