Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazza what was your favourite part?

******************spoiler*******************

i liked the way they introduced a kinda sub film with the use of the animie. was a very good film and i really cannot wait for the second part.

The animie bit was class but the Fight when she battles the Girl with the Ball & chain .
Also I found the bit when the Hospital bloke takes money of people so they can shag her when shes in her comber :mrgreen:

i was gutted when it ended because I was happy sitting in the Cinema for another 2 hours :D

Yep, Identity was good but I really hated the ending. It seemed such a waste.

*SPOILERS*

I dont mean the split personality idea (I liked that) but when the guy opened the cage thing in the van seemed very unrealistic and the line "whores don't get a 2nd chance" was awful. It really turned it into the teen slasher type crap that we see so often.

*END OF SPOILERS*

But apart from that it was really good.

I saw Kill Bill tonight, I've gotta agree with loz & Dazza.............SUPERB in every department, anyone who likes anything Japanese should check it!!!

Kung-Fu, anime & samurai swords all = GREATNESS!!! ;) 8)

looceefir said:
Saw it on its first release after all the hype from its French success, got the DVD, got the soundtrack, got the book which is just amazing :D

And don't say 'It may be french' - are you saying that American/British movies are some bastion of quality? Most of the best American directors get their influences directly from French directors like Truffaut, Godard and Malle. French (and any other foreign) films can be much better than even the best of Hollywood.

Look out for Delicatessen by the same director. One of the weirdest you'll ever see, but a brilliant satire based in a post-apocalyptic cannibalistic future.

Got both of these on DVD, Amelie is the better flick for me by some way but Delicatessen is good as well.

looceefir said:
And don't say 'It may be french' - are you saying that American/British movies are some bastion of quality? Most of the best American directors get their influences directly from French directors like Truffaut, Godard and Malle. French (and any other foreign) films can be much better than even the best of Hollywood.

Totally agree with you there mate. I like European cinema. The films are so much more intelligent, and often you don't need a single gun or explosion. Having said that there are some violent ones, but they are just classier. I like Vincent Cassell as an actor (L'Appartement, Dobermann, La Haine, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Irreversible etc) Monica Belluci too, (Italian). I recommend L'appartement, if you haven't seen it. It's an early 90's flick, very good. And yes, Amelie is a work of art imo.

hollywood movies are overrrated.....they cover up shit storylines with explosions, murders, and arses.

i remember watching a french comedy, called "the dinner game" i think. fucking hilarious. almost the entire movie was filmed in an apartment.

ProEvo said:
I saw Kill Bill tonight, I've gotta agree with loz & Dazza.............SUPERB in every department, anyone who likes anything Japanese should check it!!!

Kung-Fu, anime & samurai swords all = GREATNESS!!! ;) 8)

it really was great were'nt it, any idea when they're releasing vol. 2?

kill bill is a fantastic film!!!

*********SPOILER*************

wot about that part when she cuts up the last of the yakuza's sword then bends him over her knee and spanks him - was funny as hell!!! and the anime bit was brilliant and i heard QT was thinking of a feature length anime film soon that would be awesome!

You've all bought into it I tell you. They want your MONEY and you are feeding them. What the hell has Tarantino done? 3 movies??? Ever listen to him speaking? He's an idiot? he's demented for crying out loud. Volume 2 could be 5 minutes long and you would still buy into it. Next thing you'll know there will be some idiot going out killing anyone by the name of Bill. And MATRIX 3 or whatever is a load of DONKEYCOCK as well. I saw a trailer for it and I nearly threw up my concoction of coke and popcorn. There was machines in it for Christs sake!! Wriggling robot bits all over the place, like power rangers. And it was filmed at the same time as the other one!!! they may as well have made 10 matrixesseseses while they were goddamn at it. I don't know, YOU"RE ALL MAD, ALL OF YOU1!! Ahhhhh.....4.3.2.1.1.2.3.4.3.2.1....the voices...the VOICES...ah the voices....more cars equals more people equals more garbage.........

Watched Cabin Fever the other week, I actually quite enjoyed it. Was a bit funny too into the bargain. Still a few pics to get to see as well.

Still ain't watched The Eye, need to give it a view shortly.

FD

funniest film I have seen in ages was the new coens' - Intolerable Cruelty. laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself

Watched Finding Nemo the other night on DVD & have to say it's No ToyStory or Monsters Inc. it's rather crap really I thought, I think the only thing that i liked was the Turtles

Dazza. said:
Watched Finding Nemo the other night on DVD & have to say it's No ToyStory or Monsters Inc. it's rather crap really I thought, I think the only thing that i liked was the Turtles

:shock:

How could you say something like that about one of the best animated films of the last few years. Ive seen it twice I enjoyed it that much

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine

I enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying Toy Story yes, I thought Finding Nemo was fantastic, but then I don't rate 'The Usual Suspects' anywhere near as much as the rest of the universe appears to ;).

Dazza. said:
:( 6/10 for me, would you lads say it's better than ToyStory??

Yes for me it was. There were too many songs in Toy Story for my liking

CWright said:
Dazza. said:
:( 6/10 for me, would you lads say it's better than ToyStory??

Yes for me it was. There were too many songs in Toy Story for my liking

I sometimes enjoy a good whimsical song or two... I still often hum " There are no cats in America... and the streets are made of cheese" from American Tale.

i agree wit dazza, ive seen it in the pics, and a bit on the plane, and it doesn't come close to toy story. Its more on a par with a bugs life

Finding nemo is much better than toy story imo. the story is not as prediactable and the characters are a lot more fun and unusual than toy story.

Finding Nemo not very predictable?!?!?!?!?!

Its a disney film, you think that nemo would have been cut open and the father killed on the journey. We all knew he was gonna find him and live happily ever after apart from you it seems

yeah but the twists on the way were far better than toy story, i fucking hated toy story and think bugs life and nemo are much better films, antz rulez tho!!!

well the meeting with the turtles and the fact that the fish was following nemo's dad all the way thru, i just found the characters a lot easier to deal with and not as 'infanty.'

Ivelostmychicken said:
We all knew he was gonna find him and live happily ever after apart from you it seems
Exactly, so you accept that then sit back and take it for what it is, entertainment but above all, fun. If you wanted something 'deeper' why are you watching a Disney film?

Finding Nemo was fantastic, no less. So was Kill Bill (best film I've seen this year so far).

Fucking Disney movies. I don't want to be entertained, i want to see death, rape, murder, diseases, gangbangs, starvation, humiliation, OD's, abuse, violence. Anyone seen Kindergarten Cop? Great movie!!!!!

I know there are a few anime fans on here, but have any of you gotten ariund to watching the uk releases of Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away? They did a really good job and great voice acting for a change.

Kiki's Delivery Service and Laputa are due next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom