Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing Nemo tonight so I will let you know what I think when I get back. I know I will love it though cos my wife and I are both Disney fans. And I have no problem with that :)

Just a quickie:

Finding Nemo - Absolute class, not in the same league as Toy Story (1 or 2) but better than Monsters Inc. Worth it just for the sharks...

Kill Bill - GO AND SEE THIS FILM!! QT delivers yet again, not in the same league as Pulp or Reservoir, but as action flicks go, you won't see many better, and it makes the Matrix Reloaded look very amateurish indeed. QT mixes styles and themes in a way that few could get away with, and although it does have some faults, the overall experience is superb, and really leaves you wanting more. Oh, and possibly the highest severed limbs count in any film. Ever.

i have the full Nemo dvd with the extras and stuff

u know why Classic?

Cuz i can ;)

I have shit loads films here (about 60) that i aint watched yet. Im gonna watch 15 minutes next though thats meant to be very good

I gotta big up Nemo as well, saw it the other night..........Pixar deliver again with a classic!!!!! Loved the turtle family in it!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I swear if Disney didn't have Pixar there'd be up the shitter!!!!! ;)

On a total different tip, watched Game of Death the other day in prep for Kill Bill..........still love it, or should I say, still love the last 20 mins!!! ;)

Yeah, exactly. The last 20 minutes are the sole reason for watching game of death.

zebula77 said:
Yeah, exactly. The last 20 minutes are the sole reason for watching game of death.

Although the shit acting and Bruce Lee lookilikey always keep me entertained for the first hour or so............. ;)

Also picked up "The Beat Takeshi Trilogy" the other day for £20, with Violent Cop, Boiling Point & Sonatine solely on the strength of seeing him in Battle Royale!! Was my judgement correct & am I gonna be fully entertained by these Japanese Classics?!?!?! :D

MrCoopz said:

u know why Classic?

Cuz i can ;)

Interesting that, seeing as it's not even out on DVD in the states yet you muppet - you have the same one as me, with extra features, etc included, so stick it up your arse Coopz :D.

ClassicD said:
MrCoopz said:

u know why Classic?

Cuz i can ;)

Interesting that, seeing as it's not even out on DVD in the states yet you muppet - you have the same one as me, with extra features, etc included, so stick it up your arse Coopz :D.

Yeah, but if it's the same one as the one I saw, it hasn't got all the extras.........only Virtual Aquariums and an Intro!!!! :( :( :(

Yes that's the one - the extras are there but you can't select half of them it seems, and there is a slight 'aliasing', if that's the right word, around some of the fish. It's VERY minimal but I noticed it off the bat, mainly Nemo's father.

I think it's like a beta DVD or something :D.

And before you claim your's doesn't have that Coopz, the US DVD only comes on two discs, not one ;).

err im sorry that i have the DVD

Dont hate me for it ;)

Just cuz i have menus and stuff, dont be a hater

Anyone who hasn't already checked out the "Ultra-Violent Japanese Comedic Action Flick" Versus, should give it a look in!!!!

It's like a cross between Hard Boiled & Evil Dead and is like watching Devil May Cry: The Movie!!!!!

Highly recommended, my avatar should be enough to make anyone watch it............... 8) ;)

I went to see "Matrix Reloaded" at the London Imax Cinema (10 times bigger than average cinema screen, 40 speakers etc) last night. Its been reformated specially for the Imax screen. It was superb. Although i really liked the 3D stuff they showed before the film, truly amazing. You really feel as if you are literally in the film.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I went to see "Matrix Reloaded" at the London Imax Cinema (10 times bigger than average cinema screen, 40 speakers etc) last night. Its been reformated specially for the Imax screen. It was superb. Although i really liked the 3D stuff they showed before the film, truly amazing. You really feel as if you are literally in the film.

Yeah I watched this last week, feckin brill it was, watching it outside of all the hype of its initial release made it tons better, the smith fight makes me :shock: everytime...

Still not watched my copy of Kill Bill (which is good for me) ive waited long enough so another couple of days wont make any diff, im actually excited about going to see this....

MrCoopz said:
err im sorry that i have the DVD

Dont hate me for it ;)

Just cuz i have menus and stuff, dont be a hater
So does mine you duffer :D, the basic fact is Finding Nemo ain't out on DVD yet and when it comes out it'll be on 2 DVDs, which you only have one of - same as me, don't be a hater Coopz! ;)

First time viewing of Happy Gilmore for me last night. A bit slapstick but there were jokes hidden inside of others and was clever at the time as well as very personal. I was in stitches a couple of times. Good film, but not as good as Mr Sandler's albums.. which are top class

Went to see Clint Eastwoods new flick "Mystic River" on Sunday night. This movie is absolutely BRILLIANT. SEAN PENN WILL GET BEST ACTOR. Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon will split Best Supporting Actor in half and Clint Eastwood will get Best Director. The acting was unbelievable. I don't know when it's out in Europe but you all have to see it. Lawrence Fishburn from the matrix is in it too, and Laura Linney. Great Film. top 10 material.

Will check that out, currently got an av. of 8.4 on imdb.com. Fishburn was class in 'Boyz in the Hood', seen it loads already but that was on the telly here last nite ;).

I was just taken back by Sean Penn, I didn't know he could act like that, reminded me of DeNiro in Raging Bull or Taxi Driver, just having total knowledge and control over the character. But the main thing is, is that he was feckin cool while doing it.

I am not going to go see Kill Bill no matter how good people say it is. Kill Bill was supposed to be one film but at the last minute they split it into two "volumes" and stretched it out so they could potentially double the millions they will make it. Clearly, It's not about the movie for them, it's all about the bling bling. Fuck that I say.

gunnerglory said:
I am not going to go see Kill Bill no matter how good people say it is. Kill Bill was supposed to be one film but at the last minute they split it into two "volumes" and stretched it out so they could potentially double the millions they will make it. Clearly, It's not about the movie for them, it's all about the bling bling. Fuck that I say.

What a load of bollocks.............!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tarantino loved his first complete cut of the film, but it was 3 1/2 hours, so they ended up splitting it in 2!!!

But if another $8 is to much for ya, don't bother!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom