Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! found it, knew it was lying around somewhere

Watched 'Freddy Vs Jason' tonight & being both fans of Freddy Kreuger & Jason I knew I would enjoy the film. It didn't have that much of a great story but.. It's so Funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you don't really know anything about these 2 characters then give it a miss because you won't enjoy it as much as us Hardcore fans :D

Freddy Vs Jason. It's worth watching just for this little honey! :D :twisted:

84.jpg

74.jpg

Watched Pirates of the Caribbean on Tuesday (my birthday!!) and thought it was excellent. Thought Johnny Depp was absolute brilliant in the film, very funny and the most bizarre pirate I can ever remember. Next on the list is Terminator 3 and Tomb Raider 2.

FD

Watched Once Apon A Time In America for first time a few days back, I remembered when watching it that I'd seen certain bits before, must have been on the TV when I was a nipper. Class film, although the fact he rapes a few broads and they still like him afterwards is a bit disconcerting ;).

Some1 may of said it but PhoneBooth is in my apinion one of the best movies to come out for a while. its so good to see a total aswhole turn from the dogs bollox to ........well bollox in two hours.

u may think im hypein it up a bit but its really good and i think every one should watch it.

it was made in 10 days :shock: and the were shooting 10 pages of scriped a day to get it done.

total gueniuss but only because of great directing and Coin Farrell who was refreshing and really good though i think this perfomance will be hard to beat

Fred_Gavioes said:
terminator 3 is not better than the second one, very disappointing..but is the story itself, sucks. still better than the first one tho. :D

I thoroughly enjoyed T3. Everyone said the ending was crap but I thought it was original and different. If they make another at least it will be a different format anyway. Good film, watch it!

I thoroughly enjoyed T3. Everyone said the ending was crap but I thought it was original and different. If they make another at least it will be a different format anyway. Good film, watch it!

yeh.. forgot to say this.. i liked the movie in the end.. it was different, and no one would think that in the story this would happen, it was the only thing that i enjoyed, the end of it. the rest... same crap.. that we all know.[/quote]

btw... anyone watched the movie trailer of "the texas chainsaw massacre"? at least the trailer was very good, looking forward to watch this remake.

Ok I want your comments on 3 specific movies guys.
1) The Shawshank Redemption.
It's the best movie I have ever seen hands down...
2) The Green Mile. It's the second best film ever for me.
3) John Q. I have recently rented it on DVD and I enjoyed it pretty much I would say. A little too melodramatic maybe but I'm a sentimental fool what can I say... :)

1 and 2 are brilliant movies, and certainly favourites of mine. Not seen the 3rd one, so can't comment.

Watched Major Payne during the early part of the morning, and I remember seeing it many years ago. But it was so bloody funny, the guy is so funny in it and I don't remember it being that funny the first time. The Karyn Parsons (sp?) chick is easy on the eye too. :twisted:

FD

1 and 2 are favourites of mine as well

As is City of God which i watch a few weeks ago :)

And Fallen is a stain on Denzil Washingtons fine acting career what a wank film. Good ending though but not my type of film

I think Fallen is an excellent film. Very suspenseful, and I like the plot. I think he should do more films like that.

Phone Booth is a quality film, nice to see someone have the balls to shoot a shorter film (1 hour 17 mins) for a change instead of padding it out to two hours.

Pirates of the Caribbean is very good also, I was impressed by that. As FD mentioned, Johnny Depp does well.

Finally Freddy vs Jason was quite entertaining. I haven't seen either of the characters' films before but knew pretty much what to expect and enjoyed it.

Aris, 1 and 2 are class films. I think "The Green Mile" book is better than the film but then that's normally the case.

have u guys heard about a mel gibson's movie, 'THe PAssion'? is about the last 12 hours of jesus christ.

they ppl who have watched said it is a good movie, but the jews or the catholic church or whatever, dont want to let gibson publish the movie..

:D

for more information : http://www.passion-movie.com/english/

i think will be a good movie, if they really show in the theaters!

PS: i read that the movie isnt in english language. Mel gibson decided to put in aramaic and latin (more realistic) but with english subtitles, cool 8)

Went to see "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" yesterday. It's lot better than I expected it to be. The development of the story isn't exactly Academy Award material, but the special effects are awesome. It was well worth paying for.

edit for typos, which took me quite a while to notice :oops:

Yeah BG I fancy the looks of this too, thought at first with Sean Connery and a title like that it would be some stupid drama thing, then all I see is monsters and shit (not really shit, but you know what I mean) flying around. Looks good.

FD

This just in:

Leading videogame publisher, Konami of America, Inc., a subsidiary of Konami Corporation, today announced that its hit psychological horror videogame series, Silent Hill, will be released worldwide as a major motion picture. Production company Davis Films will produce the feature film adaptation of Konami's popular franchise. Produced by Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, Inc., the "Silent Hill" games thrust players into a nightmarish world where they must unravel twisted storylines and battle grotesque creatures and terrifying monsters.

Bringing the series to the big screen is prolific producer Samuel Hadida whose credits include blockbuster films, True Romance, directed by Tony Scott and written by Quentin Tarantino, Spider, directed by David Cronenberg, and Brotherhood of the Wolf, directed by Christophe Gans. Gans, who also directed the major motion picture, Crying Freeman, has been appointed as the director of the Silent Hill feature film.

"Silent Hill is a groundbreaking game with an atmosphere that has mesmerized millions of gamers all over the world - it is scary and clever," said Christophe Gans. "I am very proud to be associated with this game."

Working closely with the production team, Konami Corporation will help recreate the universal appeal of the game by overseeing the script development, participating in the design of all the monsters, creatures and characters as well as aiding in the film’s soundtrack composition.

"The success of the Silent Hill series is based on a perfect blend of suspense, plot twists and captivating characters," said Geoff Mulligan, Chief Operating Officer of Konami of America, Inc. "We are confident that Samuel Hadida and his talented team will capture and create an unforgettable movie-going experience."

"Silent Hill" is the premiere franchise in the horror videogame genre with over four million copies sold in Japan, the U.S. and Europe. "Silent Hill 3" for PlayStation 2 was recently released in August 2003 and is considered to be the best game in the series. With a terrifying narrative, spectacular graphics and a bloodcurdling soundtrack, "Silent Hill 3" has already garnered numerous industry accolades and awards.

To further strengthen the Konami brand worldwide, the company is currently pursuing film production deals for its other blockbuster videogame franchises.'

Sounds good, doesn't it? Being a HUUUUUGE fan of the Silent Hill games, this comes as welcome news, indeed.

Sounds great Zeb, would really look forward to that. Mind you I still can't find Silent Hill for the bleedin PSX yet. :x

FD

Watched The Mothman Prophecies on Sky the other night, missed some bits but was quite good, although you never actually saw much in the end.

Also watched the end of Pitch Black, remember going to see this at the cinema and thinking 'oh no an Aussie film', but thoroughly enjoyed it.

FD

Yup. I really liked that one. 'Crying Freeman' was also pretty cool, so I have faith it's gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom