Modern Warfare 2

Normally they ring up and see and if the game is in stock at the place you want to price match and then they will do it

They wont do it for anywhere other than proper game shops though as far as i know, there are loads of wank stipulations

Just read on a Blockbuster leaflet I got today, it's that they won't be beaten on price by Game, HMV or Gamestation within a 2 mile radius! also excludes competitor promotions, bundle offers, price matching and online retailers!

That means they'll match the lowest high street price.

Go in with a bit of proof that x shop is selling it for x amount and they'll give it to you for the same.

Just noone ever bothers to do that.

Ah. Too late now. Anyway my plan is fool proof. :P

Anyone else order from ShopTo and get the 'UKMail' option?

Got a mail from UKMail last night saying it would be 'delivered by 12pm Tuesday' - but no sign yet.

Guess they didnt say WHICH Tuesday?...

:FAIL:

Anyone else on PS3 not seeing any trophies listed?

I have one copy from Makro bought for £20 and that is mine

I have one copy bought from Sainos for £26 my mother snapped it off my hand for £26 as my cousin wants it for Xmas, now off to Morrisons to snaffle another 2 copies for £26 :D

Totally cuntish thing to do. What if someone's been in work all day unable to get to a shop to buy their copy and there's none left cos dickheads like you have gone round buying multiples to sell at a profit?

You'd be gutted if the boot was on the other foot.

Shopto are a fucking joke

They have sent COD4 not MW2

fucking idiots

Oh god, tell me you are joking please, my shopto delivery arrived this morning and I have not had a chance to see it.

OK it was my fault and it wasn't even from Shopto :LOL:

Don't do that to me, lol

Anyone else order from ShopTo and get the 'UKMail' option?

Got a mail from UKMail last night saying it would be 'delivered by 12pm Tuesday' - but no sign yet.

Guess they didnt say WHICH Tuesday?...

:FAIL:

Mine arrived I have been told 10 mins before 12, typical

Stupid 'strict' NAT - cannot find any online games at moment.

Tried rebooting homehub, but no good.

Havent really got time to fuck around with it now, but if anyone has a homehub, please give me a headsup as to what you do to allow Live through it!

Cheers :)

Stupid 'strict' NAT - cannot find any online games at moment.

Tried rebooting homehub, but no good.

Havent really got time to fuck around with it now, but if anyone has a homehub, please give me a headsup as to what you do to allow Live through it!

Cheers :)

When I had one, all I had to do was unplug it from the mains for a minute and then plug it back in and it always used to unstrict itself :))

Totally cuntish thing to do. What if someone's been in work all day unable to get to a shop to buy their copy and there's none left cos dickheads like you have gone round buying multiples to sell at a profit?

You'd be gutted if the boot was on the other foot.

Your post is why I went round, friends were at work and were after a copy of the game at the reduced price therefore I purchased a copy for them and will recieve the same amount back I have no intention of selling on for a profit. My friends did the same for me when COD: WAW came out at a reduced price.

got mine from sainsburys for £26, but all sold out of 360 versions, so had to buy the ps3 version.

is there ANY difference at all in the two versions? i would rather play online with the 360 version, if people on here are gonna be on that more than on the ps3...

i don't wanna open the ps3 version i have if nobody on here is gonna be playing it, so i'd just wait and sell the ps3 version and pick up a 360 version later...

Bought(pre-orders) 1 for PC and 1 for 360 last night they had a midnight release and once I saw the line of about 100 ppl in lawn chairs :LOL: I just drove back home. Went this morning no lines :P

Have to say I agree with a lot of the comments below that article about how the PC users have pirated themselves out of the game. Unfair to generalize I know and I'm sure there are a good number of legitimate users on the PC, but its not like the majority ruined it for the minority. Someone said in the comments that Activision have said that half the copies of MW being played online on PC are pirated.

The pirates finally won, stayed ahead of the developers like the community demands and now only have themselves to blame. Very sad I used to love PC gaming, and FPS gaming on consoles is certainly far worse in anyone's mind than the PC equivalents.

I think this has a lot more to do with wanting to charge for DLC like on consoles, and wanting to control the lifespan of the game so that Modern Warfare 2 becomes obsolete right around the time Modern Warfare 3 comes around. They'll stop supporting MW2 servers by the time they're finished with the next game and you'll have no choice but to buy their next game once it comes out.

1. Just because someone pirates a game doesn't mean they'd pay for it. 1 pirated game=/=money lost

2. An XBox 360 version was the first pirated version for this game.

3. Personally, I bought two PC copies of COD4 (I bought the digital version first from a crappy retailer and decided to buy the hard copy) and I was planning on buying both PC and PS3 copies of Modern Warfare 2 until I read about all this crap.

mw2b.jpg

Yeh great game, just lacking that killer co-op mode like zombies from the last 1. Spec ops is good but only 2 player, I'm always online with 3-4 playing zombies. Hopefully they release something similar in the future.

It's a good game but to be honest I dont get the same wow factor as with The Gears of War 2 or Killzone, or Call of Duty 4....

COD is back! I liked WaW a lot, but nothing can beat the MW franchise.

It feels VERY similar to COD4, but just enough new features in the MP to keep it interesting. Because of the similarity, you feel at home pretty much straight away with it.

One big difference for me, is the responsiveness, everything is ramped up from COD4 and no lag or slow down and it just feels 'fair' when you miss your target.

Started the SP mission last night and that seems really good - the reactions of the AI at times are superb and its just so chaotic that it does feel like being in a film.

One other cool thing I did last night, is when I put my 360 on, I went to my friends list straight away and found a few EW guys playing that were joinable. So I clicked 'join' and I'd say (no exaggeration) within 3 seconds I was in the game. It just booted in an instant straight to the match (I have installed game to HDD though) - thought that was a superb bit of technical acheivement!?

I'm still seeing instances of JUST (literally) seeing someone walk into my view and I die, I look at their kill-cam and they see me a fair bit before I see them right in front of me. Never did like that.

Sounds like another thumbs-up for the 360 as well, as I just couldn't join friends' games on my PS3 last night. It kept saying that the session was no longer valid and apparantly the "fix" is to turn your PS3 off for half a minute, turn it back on, get an invite then and you should be okay :ROLL:

So I managed to play games against randoms a lot, and it definately feels great :D I didn't like COD5 apart from the larger maps, and this is definately COD4 with added tweaks. I only got to rank 6 but I'm enjoying the amount of customisation and unlockables that are available, one of the thing I most enjoyed about MW1 was unlocking and completing challenges and this has taken that further again.

Looking forward to ranking up that bit more and unlocking some better perks :)

Well good thing its cheap to get because imo paying £40+ for a 6-8hour game is like pissing on two £20 notes.

MP doesnt interest me either as run and gun on a 8v8 lagfested match where the host has a clear advantage over everyone with a ping of 0 is bullshit for me.

This is a rent title at best hehe

You could try getting broadband?

i have the ps3 version, still unopened. should i flog it off and buy the 360 version instead?

if it's gonna be better onlnine, then i'm thinking definitely, but is there ANY difference between the two versions apart from that? are the graphics better on the ps3 version, 1080p? v 720p on the 360?

I'm still seeing instances of JUST (literally) seeing someone walk into my view and I die, I look at their kill-cam and they see me a fair bit before I see them right in front of me. Never did like that.

Sounds like another thumbs-up for the 360 as well, as I just couldn't join friends' games on my PS3 last night. It kept saying that the session was no longer valid and apparantly the "fix" is to turn your PS3 off for half a minute, turn it back on, get an invite then and you should be okay :ROLL:

So I managed to play games against randoms a lot, and it definately feels great :D I didn't like COD5 apart from the larger maps, and this is definately COD4 with added tweaks. I only got to rank 6 but I'm enjoying the amount of customisation and unlockables that are available, one of the thing I most enjoyed about MW1 was unlocking and completing challenges and this has taken that further again.

Looking forward to ranking up that bit more and unlocking some better perks :)

Shame you cannot get it on 360 :( Mind you, loads of my PS3 friends were playing this last night, compared to I'd say 50% of my 360 friends.

i don't have any ps3 'friends'... :(

in fact, i've only played my ps3 for about 2 hours in the last year. only have two games too! everybody's golf and gt5 prologue, and now an unopened mw2!

Back
Top Bottom