Modern Warfare 2

Got my colleague to put me a copy of MW2 under the desk for pickup on Tuesday at work today! (Sainsburys)

15% discount brings it nicely down to £22.10 and means I don't have to worry about queing. Finally, working at Sainsburys actually has a positive! :P

The Tamworth store is getting 158 copies in, thats for both PS3 and Xbox. Not sure how many for each though

Asda price is now confimed £32, there is an advert in the papers, I think that the 24 hour stores will be doing a midnight launch.

Tesco are selling the game for £26, however to get it at that price you will need to purchase another "chart" game.

The tesco one is confirmed apparently. Dunno what to make of it, it's a fantastic price, but i don't really wan't to buying another game on top of it.

The thing is, i'm working till midnight tonight, and Tesco is 2 minutes away from my work, it's so convenient for me it would be stupid not to do it. The way i should look at it i suppose, is if i buy a £30 chart game, i can pretend im paying pretty much paying full price for MW2 and getting a free game with it.

The queues will be massive everywhere tonight

We queued for about 1 and a half hours for Fifa and that wont be nothing compared to this

Problem is now I'll be expecting the unexpected.

Apparently it'll be £32 in Asda from midnight, so I might pick it up but I dunno, I'm going to Munich in four days so I should probably save money.

The tesco one is confirmed apparently. Dunno what to make of it, it's a fantastic price, but i don't really wan't to buying another game on top of it.

The thing is, i'm working till midnight tonight, and Tesco is 2 minutes away from my work, it's so convenient for me it would be stupid not to do it. The way i should look at it i suppose, is if i buy a £30 chart game, i can pretend im paying pretty much paying full price for MW2 and getting a free game with it.

In the paper today all the chart games are nearly £40 so it's not that great.

Do you absolutely need a membership card to buy something from Makro?

Yes as it is classed as a cash and carry you need to prove you are a business owner or authorised to buy on behalf of a business owner to become a member, luckily enough father has a trade card for the company he works for ftw. Looks like I'll be popping in after work as it opens at 7am and I finish at 6!

EDIT: Rang them they've had hundreds of calls so its looking likely people might start queing up at 4-5am as my local Makro opens at 7am so I'm faced with a choice, Makro, Sainos or Asda?

Last edited:
Problem is now I'll be expecting the unexpected.

Apparently it'll be £32 in Asda from midnight, so I might pick it up but I dunno, I'm going to Munich in four days so I should probably save money.

Nah, get the game. 32 pound won't get you much with it being so low anyway these days.

Do you absolutely need a membership card to buy something from Makro?

Over here in NL you can pay for a daypass. Not sure how much it is so could end up being pointless.

Back
Top Bottom