Microsoft Xbox 360

Other than that I must say its very very quiet on the Xbox 360 front until September when a flurry of games will be out including: Test Drive Unlimited, Dead Rising, Splinter Cell 4, Saints Row, Ninety Nine Nights, Rainbow Six Vegas, Alan Wake, GTR and a fair few more.

DJ

You are quite right but its bad, because (and I can believe im saying this) there isnt a great deal of good stuff out there. You soon get bored of Table Tennis, GRAW and Moto GP 06 like I have and you just want more. My PS2 is seeing the most action its seen in ages since my Winning Eleven 10 arrived.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
You are quite right but its bad, because (and I can believe im saying this) there isnt a great deal of good stuff out there. You soon get bored of Table Tennis, GRAW and Moto GP 06 like I have and you just want more. My PS2 is seeing the most action its seen in ages since my Winning Eleven 10 arrived.

DJ

Well said.

With all those games coming out great but how are we meant to afford all those as most are coming out within weeks of each other?? Yea get a job but at £40 a pop its still steep.

Seriously tell me another console at this stage of it's life cycle that has had a better catalouge of games? True I hardly play mine at the moment but I'm being realistic taking into account the age of the console and the time of year that it is.

JayD said:
Seriously tell me another console at this stage of it's life cycle that has had a better catalouge of games? True I hardly play mine at the moment but I'm being realistic taking into account the age of the console and the time of year that it is.

Super Nintendo.

JayD said:
Since I am a person who plays games based on gameplay, I'd say IMO, the N64 and PSX in their early stage were far better. I say this because many of their early games are still highly regarded today. The only early X360 game the might be highly regarded in 10 years is Oblivion, but that was also a PC game.

Examples of highly regarded early games for PSX and N64.
N64 - Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race.
PSX - Twisted Metal, Tekken, Warhawk, Wipeout.

In agreement with you deftones, I loved Ridge Racer on PSX and still love it now!

DJ

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it neither benefits nor harms me if someone chooses to like or dislike a console. I was just trying to be objective. I admitted at the moment the game getting most play on my 360 is PES 5. But to me thats one of the pitfalls of being an early adopter to new technology and the games that are already in the pipeline look amazing and once this next batch is out and the console is a year or so old the current trickle should turn to a stream of great games until the summer lull which has always been present in console gaming.

I also agree my 360 is not getting that much attention at the minute. But theres no doubt in my mind that it'll deliver in the long run, much like the Xbox did. So I'm willing to wait :) Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy!

jay666 said:
There is a Saints row demo disk out in the U.S, wonder if we will get hold of one. It looks pretty good.

Demo available on LIVE here from the 1st August from what i have heard

Milanista said:
I'm actually considering it since live, imo, has lost its appeal to me. I guess I'll wait for PES first, then evaluate the available options.
Lets say you do do it, how many games are there that you'll want anyway?
At the moment, there arent many top games which makes it easier to afford the best that the console offers.

RuneEdge said:
Lets say you do do it, how many games are there that you'll want anyway?
At the moment, there arent many top games which makes it easier to afford the best that the console offers.

That pretty much sums it up.

My console is modded, and right now I have all the games that have come out on the 360. The games I play the most are Table Tennis and Amped. I hammered out Need for Speed but after completing it I cant be bothered going back.

But the games Im playing right now are Mario Bros on the DS and Loco Roco on the PSP. Ive lent out my 360 to my bro-in-law and have no urge to play it after finally completing Table Tennis.

Summertime is always rubbish for games, but not as bad this year with Nintendo bringing out some corkers for the DS.

From September though the 360 has an unbelievable line-up. Just at the right time aswell with the PS3 & Wii being released.

The trouble is there is a fair few games that I would really like to buy for Xbox 360 all coming out in a short space of time of one another so like everyone else ill have to buy maybe 2 games in September and then buy PES6 plus one of the other games I wanted in September in October.... its a hard life when all good games come out at once lol At least Forza 2 isnt due out till December!

DJ

It's crazy.

1.dead rising
2.madden 07
3.saints row
4. test drive
6. Just cause
7. nba 2k7
8. gears of war
9.forza 2
10.fif 07(yes i am optimistic)
11.rainbow 6.las vegas

it's insane. 360 will rule

Is it because the size of the database is too big to save on a 32MB Memory card?

DJ

BumperMan said:
It's crazy.

1.dead rising
2.madden 07
3.saints row
4. test drive
6. Just cause
7. nba 2k7
8. gears of war
9.forza 2
11.rainbow 6.las vegas

Of that lot, I'm interested in Forza and GoW.

Saints Row is going to be a quality game. A real surprise package. After hearing peoples comments about the demo and seeing many videos, it really looks like a GTA beater.
Splinter Cell Double Agent is coming out the same time aswell.

BumperMan said:
It's crazy.

1.dead rising
2.madden 07
3.saints row
4. test drive
6. Just cause
7. nba 2k7
8. gears of war
9.forza 2
11.rainbow 6.las vegas

You forgot one! :shock: :(

Well I wanna see how Dead Rising plays.

Not sure about the new Madden, not convinced about being the lead blocker player before taking over as the ball carrier.

Saints Row I'm thinking is Chavs' GTA, or some dodgy True Crime / 50 Cent mash up.

Test Drive needs to improve alot from the Demo, which is woeful I find.

Just Cause, could be interesting, depending on whether it's been a poor port of a really Top End PC jobby

NBA2K7, No interest at all

Gears of War, again, depending on how it plays.

Forza, well depends on alot of factors, will it be a Live Killer App? Or again the snore fest of the last game, ;) Drive here, win here, tweak this, paint that................ It's like the Oblivion of Driving Games, where would I EVER get the time to play it.

FIFA---------------- dont think I'll bother this year, had Two Years of hmmm it's ok, and different enough, just for the New PES to come out and FIFA gets shelved.

Rainbow Six : Still not sure about the Vegas thing, no effin need for night vision goggles then seeing the whole fecking city is lit up like a Christmas Tree every effin day of the year!!! Still could be good on Live.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom