Microsoft Xbox 360

LemonJelly, MS arent stupid, they soon found a way of seeing who had a modded dashboard start up and who didnt and banned consoles off of Live that had this, exactly the same thing will happen here im sure, MS will combat against this especially to stop cheats and Pirated Games from being played on Live. Amped 3 is a decent little game, played the demo of it and might pick it up at some stage.

DJ

So when does the next 360 game come out? September? :roll:

I'm getting so bored of having nothing to play in weeks. Demos also seem to be non existant.

Evo-Web LIVE nights will return once the World Cup is over with all the current classics getting a run-out

just a quick question
bought a hard drive today - just went to make my first game save and it says 13gb free - how is this? thought i would have had 20gb as theres nowt on it??

RuneEdge said:
7gb for an emulator?

It saves all sorts of system info as well. Yes it is a fair chunk of your HD space but apparently its necessary

stiffler said:
just a quick question
bought a hard drive today - just went to make my first game save and it says 13gb free - how is this? thought i would have had 20gb as theres nowt on it??

I'm sure I read on a 360 forum that 5.3 gb is purely xbox emulation,as Rune has stated.

Not sure about the rest though.

Has anyone also noticed that if you start downloading a demo(lets say 900 mb) that even if you just start it then pause,it still shows up that another 1gb is off your hdd.

It could be that the xbox is reserving space in advance.

Game saves maybe???

The pray demo is pretty good, i'm pissed off that i cant seem to join GR:AW sessions if i dont have the new map download and they do even when there playing a map i have.

Same as standard PC hard drives.. like take my 160GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive. It says its 160GB but in actual fact its only about 152GB so you can sorta understand why the Xbox 360 HDD states that it is 20GB but yet only shows 13GB, I reckon initially it would have had about 18gb and 5 of it will have been taken by the Emulator. I think in the good old days of 20gb PC hard drives they were 18GB after Windows/DOS formatting.

Hope that sorta clears up the HDD confusion.

DJ

Gears gets gobby
Tuesday 4-Jul-2006 11:03 AM Voice command and lip-synch playing a vital role in the fight against the Locust hordes in Epic's Gears of War

We simply can't wait for Cliffy B's Gears of War to start rumbling but alas we reckon it's going to be the end of the year before the superlative-looking Xbox 360 blaster covers us in a shower of Locust mucus and gore.

Still an interesting snippet of news comes our way this morning courtesy of Game Daily's recent playtest of the title, with Daily revealing that not only will you be able to use voice commands in the game to control your AI teammates, but that it will feature a voice recognition system with real-time lip-synching to ensure your comm traffic behaves just like a real-life commando unit's.

Advertisement:Although not exactly a new element in gaming, voice command has had, shall we say, mixed results in the past. However if Epic gets it right (and we've every confidence it will), it should allow for plenty of tactical manoeuvring and ambush setting in the single-player game, with you able to direct your team mates with precision to smite the Locusts most sorely.

However, with multiplayer a big focus for Gears, the lip-synching might seem a small addition but it will certainly add another layer of realism and polish to the splendid human versus Locust action. Presumably you'll never have to guess who's responsible for that last batch of friendly fire either, with team mates now able to mouth 'sorry about that, I was cleaning it and it went off' over your still twitching but lifeless corpse.

We hope to see more of Gears at the upcoming Leipzig and X06 events and, of course, we'll bring you the latest Gears reports from the frontline.

Holio said:
Assassins Creed confirmed to come to the 360.........

Really? where does it say that mate? If so thats massive for 360. The games looks absolutely awesome.

Im annoyed! I picked up a copy of Halo 2 yesterday, it loaded up ok and I downloaded all the additional content BUT as soon as I select an Xbox Live match it says "Map Load Failed" or something like that, then when I select the Campaign mode it says "The disc may be dirty or damaged"!!! all other Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 games work fine on my 360 but this one doesnt..

DJ

Do you think the Halo 2 Disc is buggered in some way? I just find it odd that it doesnt even try to read the DVD when I select campaign and just straight away complains about the disc.....

DJ

Well, mine has worked fine since I got the 360, so I'm guessing it is the disc that you've got... Can't be anything else surely, it wouldn't work on one 360 and not on another...?

CWright said:

cheers for the link, but thats hardly a confirmation.

1up are notorious 360 fans, well the news reporter Luke Smith is. Its actually funny the way they all bash the PS3, because the criticism is correct.

From what I gather Assassians Creed will come to the 360 eventually, but expect some sort of exclusive period for the PS3.

Adonis said:
From what I gather Assassians Creed will come to the 360 eventually, but expect some sort of exclusive period for the PS3.

Link also here : CVG

Who I wouldnt call MS fanboys but more pro PS3. Sure there will be a wait, but it'll be a wait that wont make me spend 425 noops on a console for sure, plus there is alot of time till the full game comes out, so until a release date is confirmed, dont expect Ubisoft to sit and wait for months if it thinks it's losing sales before it releases on other platforms.

The orginal Prince of Persia was exclusive to the PS2 for about 3 months and it never made HUGE numbers, it was discounted a week after release on the PS2 that year.

Holio said:
Link also here : CVG

Who I wouldnt call MS fanboys but more pro PS3. Sure there will be a wait, but it'll be a wait that wont make me spend 425 noops on a console for sure, plus there is alot of time till the full game comes out, so until a release date is confirmed, dont expect Ubisoft to sit and wait for months if it thinks it's losing sales before it releases on other platforms.

The orginal Prince of Persia was exclusive to the PS2 for about 3 months and it never made HUGE numbers, it was discounted a week after release on the PS2 that year.

Yeh true.

The head of Ubisoft has already urged Sony to drop the price of the PS3, so theres definatly a strain on their relationship.

It would be great for AC to come out on 360. For me its one of those games I definatly buy when it came out, but not a game I'd buy a console for.

I cant wait for the last 3 months of this year when all the big games are released for the 360. Finally start using my 360 again.

I've got Star Wars Battlefront II.......if I want to play online, I have to purchase an expansion pack costing $5 (boo!). The thing is, I can't seem to download it - I don't know know where to enter my credit card details(!).

Any idea what to do? Cos now the 360 deals with points rather than money payments :eh:

Got Chromehounds this morning. I'm just putting it on eBay now :D

Such a boring, unexciting and poorly made game. I was only interested in the online aspect of it tbh, and I can't try that cause the servers are down (I'm guessing cause its not officially out in the UK yet).

But after playing the single player for a bit I really can't imagine that online will be much fun at all!

Back
Top Bottom