Microsoft Xbox 360

I would say COD2 because I think GRAW is a little too short, if your talkin online play then id say GRAW :)

DJ

Here is a list of the playasia languages.

Gun - NTSC - Full English Game, English Manual
COD2 - NTSC - Full English Game, English Manual
TC: Ghost Recon - NTSC, Full English Game, English Manual
TR: Legend - NTSC, Full English Game, English Manual

I dont think so APX, as Black was released and wasnt backward compatible, but the update that came out made it playable.

I think it depends on the popularity of the title, Black became quite popular so MS included the compatibility for it on the 360, some of the lesser played titles arent compatible.

DJ

I read a quote somewhere the other day from someone quite important, could've been Peter Moore or something and he was saying how they've 'underdelivered' and 'wrongly promised' when it comes to the backwards compatiability on the XB360. He went on to say to not expect many more titles to be added to the list.

I can't seem to find the article at the moment however, so you'll all just have to believe me :D

If thats the case then MS are shooting themselves in the foot after saying it would be greatly backward compatible with XBox 1 Titles....

I find that hard to believe that they are just ditching the XBox 1.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
If thats the case then MS are shooting themselves in the foot after saying it would be greatly backward compatible with XBox 1 Titles...
Maybe thats because the always great software programmers at M$ :rolleyes: didnt grasp how hard it would be to emulate a system from 2001. Why do you think $ony has a hardware "ps2 on a chip" in the ps3 just like they did with the PSX BC for the PS2, but they are emulating the PSX BC this time? Because PSX emulation is nowhere near as complex and power hungry as PS2 emulation would be. I always knew the xbox BC on the 360 would be lackluster due to them having to emulate it.

I spose your right using software emulation rather than having hardware.

DJ

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I read a quote somewhere the other day from someone quite important, could've been Peter Moore or something and he was saying how they've 'underdelivered' and 'wrongly promised' when it comes to the backwards compatiability on the XB360. He went on to say to not expect many more titles to be added to the list.

I can't seem to find the article at the moment however, so you'll all just have to believe me :D
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140928

backs up what you said about Peter Moore

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Taken from that article

at some point you just go, there's enough, let's move on, people aren't as worried about a game being backwards compatible".

Errr...........its final, M$ employees are fecking morons. Its not really about backwards compatibility, its about the novelty of playing an older game. If people at some point say, there's enough, lets move on, then why on earth do I have NES and 2600 emu's on my PSP? Surley there are already tons of theose emu's for other platforms, meaning there's enough, but those unpaid people developing emu's never seem to just move on.

In the end, this seems just like the M$ thing to do. They have the same mentality with their OS's. People don't want to use older programs, lets move on. Yeah, most of my old apps and games I want to use that don't work on xp, thanks M$. There must be a reason why there are tons of forums and websites that help you get older things to work on winXP. I can't wait to see how they break every old program with Windows vista...........

Last edited:
Here are extracts with an interview with Shane Kim from IGN who is the head of Microsoft Game Studios.

IGN: What about backward compatibility issues? There was a list introduced early on, and then around February there was a small update, and some previously available games were updated to work better, such as Half-Life 2. But the list was pretty random. I mean we had Half-Life 2 and Halo 2, and then we had Barbie's Horse Adventure.

Shane: Not random. We focused on the best selling games. From a technology standpoint, this list of games came to us free. They came to us in a package, as it were. So once we got all those, and they were all for free, we put them out there.

IGN: So what are your plans for the future on this subject? What are Microsoft's plans to make more backward compatible games available on Xbox 360?

Shane: We're continuing to work on that. We're continuing to work on what customers want to play. And frankly…

IGN: Well, customers want all of them backward compatible. Is that going to happen?

Shane: We're going to continue to work on backward compatible games. I mean, our goal is to make everything backward compatible. We're at over 200 now, and we're working on making them all backward compatible.

IGN: Will there be any announcements, say like, this summer, about new backward compatible games on Xbox 360?

Shane: We don't have a regular set of announcements scheduled for BC games. We try to make announcements when we have new games that are credible and meaningful.

This was taken during E3, so of course it could all of changed by then.

here's what Microsoft said through gamerscoreblog
(The employees of Microsoft Games Global Marketing team)

Backwards Compatibility Update Coming Soon

Lots of talk about backwards compatibility online today. We wanted to get to the bottom of it all, so we went right to the team working on the next back compat update. We hear directly from them that they're in the testing phase of another update, and it should be out in the next few weeks. We saw the list they're testing, and it looks like they're hoping to add at least a dozen titles.

Long before the launch, we thought we might hit a few dozen titles, and we all feel pretty good about the list of well over 200 titles on the back compat list today, including many of the games that you’ve asked for. You all have heard us say the work isn't simple. Many games did unique things to take advantage of the processing power of the Xbox, and that makes it difficult to emulate, especially when we then have to make new code work with existing (and future) compatible titles.

But rest assured, we're not done yet.

We know for a fact that there are lots of people who continue to care about backwards compatibility, including the "Emulation Ninjas" who are working full time on the updates. And those of us posting on this blog. And, of course, many of you.

Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming update…

Xbox-360-Transfer-Kit.jpg

^ Is this worth getting because I want to transfer my original Xbox PES5 option file over to my 360?

Last edited by a moderator:
ninjabreakz, it will NOT allow you to transfer Xbox 1 saves to the 360 from what I have heard about this dude so if thats the reason you are buying it then dont. I think the XSATA device will allow you to transfer saves to the Xbox 1 Emulation Partition but im not 100% certain on this.

ASHMUFC its on Datels Codejunkies.com website.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let everyone know the Dashboard update for the Xbox 360 is now in circulation, my console has just downloaded it, I can confirm background downloading is now apparent and also the Xbox Live Vision option is now in the settings menu ready for the imminent release of the Live Camera.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
ninjabreakz, it will NOT allow you to transfer Xbox 1 saves to the 360 from what I have heard about this dude so if thats the reason you are buying it then dont. I think the XSATA device will allow you to transfer saves to the Xbox 1 Emulation Partition but im not 100% certain on this.

DJ

Thanks mate! :)

Which one would you buy?
Top Spin 2 vs Table Tennis ignoring price
PGR3 vs Burnout 4 (I already have burnout 4 on PS2 so is it worth it?)

Burnout is the same game as the PS2 one, but with better graphics. Top Spin has a better long term value I guess, but I bought Top Spin and Table Tennis in the same time.

PGR is very good if you enjoy arcadey/simulation type racing games with beautiful graphics and hot cars.

So hard to decide because if I get Burnout4 on 360, I can play online which I didn't on PS2. In USA, B4 is going "platinum(PS2 style)" so maybe we will see it come down in price soon so I will get that espeically since B5 is pencilled in for 2007.

PGR3 / Burnout is a tough choice. Both are excellent and extremely fun games.

Same with Top Spin / Table Tennis too tbh. Though the online edges it for Table Tennis, the single player in Top Spin is far superior

Back
Top Bottom