Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Carl, they want 50 notes for most of their 360 games, maybe regular Oblivion is cheaper I just assumed it'd be priced the same as the rest (like BOR).

I heard that EA was dropping the price of all its games to £39.99 soon for Xbox 360?

paying 44.99 and 50.00 is now getting a bit too much even for me! its a bit of a rip off. Its still on DVD9 Discs so why 44.99 or £50 per game?!!!

DJ

Played Burnout while at London, and just got back to play the demo.... 1 word - booooooooooringgggggggggggggggggggg

Feels the same as all other burnouts, nothing is new.

In agreement with Milanista, to be honest whats the difference between that and Burnout 3?

DJ

The graphics, and Live. If you're stronger than me you'll stick to the older ones and you'll be just as well off, I'm sure the gameplay is exactly the same. But there's just something about the graphics from the demo that makes me want to sell my granny to buy it. Which is terrible, I'm turning into a massive massive graphics whore and I shouldn't be. But I am. It's not my fault Konami gives Pro Evo shite graphics after all. I have every right to expect more.

*Shifty look*

The graphics are impressive for 1 hour... then theyre boring, just like RTWC. You get sucked in and impressed for a while, then start to realize that theres nothing special about the game.

Yeah, but I've always liked Burnout, so I'll be getting a game I like, but in a new fancy-looking package. I've always hated FIFA so that doesn't count.

Admittedly I won't be finishing the single player side, which is a bit wasteful of me, but I can see me playing it online for a good long while.

Jack Bauer, I dont even see too much graphical brilliance either? even in High Def I still cant see why it supposedly looks so much better than Burnout 3?

DJ

Yeah, Burnout Revenge is Burnout with super duper graphics and a few extras, just like Project Gotham 3 is PGR with better graphics and a few extras, but you don't hear everyone else moaning about how THATS just a rehash with better graphics :P

If you love the Burnout series, and can afford to part with £40, get Burnout. Simple as

Last edited:

djdavedoc said:
Jack Bauer, I dont even see too much graphical brilliance either? even in High Def I still cant see why it supposedly looks so much better than Burnout 3?
I'm used to playing it on a crappy little telly, on a PS2 (not an XBOX), that jerked every five races because the laser was on the way out. To me, the XBOX 360 version looks GORGEOUS.

Ok well I think most player should stick to Original XBox Burnout 3, I cant see too much difference in either graphics or gameplay to warrant a purchase of this game. Admittedly if there were no previous Burnouts this would have been an essential purchase but seeing as I got bored with 3 and this one plays the same there isnt much point.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Ok well I think most player should stick to Original XBox Burnout 3, I cant see too much difference in either graphics or gameplay to warrant a purchase of this game.
DJ

:shock::lmao:LOL do you have a HDTV? If you do the then do you have a spec savers near you? If so visit it fast. ;)

I'm feeling let down by the Backwards Compatability promise. It's coming up to 4 months without an update! In what way is that a "regular update"?

I bought the 360 because I falsely assumed, based upon MS comments, that games would become BC as time progressed. I didn't think they meant the December BC list would be the last and final list! No official comment from MS means nothing is coming in the way of BC in the next few months at least.

JayD earlier on.... I happened to post that im using a VGA Cable + Monitor. I dont see much difference with Burnout Revenge at all but thanks for being a twat and saying I need glasses.

DJ

Can we now please stop with the "My TV is better than your TV" bollocks that now seems to be creeping into some people posts, its getting right on my tits

Jack Bauer said:
The graphics, and Live. If you're stronger than me you'll stick to the older ones and you'll be just as well off, I'm sure the gameplay is exactly the same. But there's just something about the graphics from the demo that makes me want to sell my granny to buy it. Which is terrible, I'm turning into a massive massive graphics whore and I shouldn't be. But I am. It's not my fault Konami gives Pro Evo shite graphics after all. I have every right to expect more.

*Shifty look*
Totally agree. Maybe its just us two that feel this way.:eh:

TheWolf said:
I'm feeling let down by the Backwards Compatability promise. It's coming up to 4 months without an update! In what way is that a "regular update"?

I bought the 360 because I falsely assumed, based upon MS comments, that games would become BC as time progressed. I didn't think they meant the December BC list would be the last and final list! No official comment from MS means nothing is coming in the way of BC in the next few months at least.
Hear hear. Totally agree, I got the 360 purely because it could play the original AND the new games. I feel totally conned, do YOU think MS are going to update the list again? I don't. I've got the compatibility list set as my homepage and you can just tell it's going to be the way it is now for a good long while.

I've got £100s worth of games sitting here that I can't play, which I bought before I even had the 360. Complete waste of money they're going to turn out to be.

Jack Bauer said:
I've got the compatibility list set as my homepage

You mean that Evo aint set as your Homepage JB? I am shocked

There was a long break because their compatibility team was on vacation over the Xmas Period. I think they will sort it out, I think if they want more people to migrate from Xbox 1 to 360 then its in their best interests to improve the backward compatibility :)

Oh and when to get my eyes checked and they are just fine!

DJ

2K Sports Titles NBA and NHL have slipped to the end of April! how much more are they going to slip? I understand they are out in the States so why are we having such a big delay with them being released over here?

DJ

djdavedoc said:
2K Sports Titles NBA and NHL have slipped to the end of April! how much more are they going to slip? I understand they are out in the States so why are we having such a big delay with them being released over here?

DJ

i´ve heard and read about some big problems on nhl 2k6 360 version.theres save file corruption and all kinda bugs in the state version. i hope they are fixing those and that being the cause of delay.theres also a gamebreaker bug
i´ve heard, if you shoot on the top corner from goalies glove side goalie wont catch like 50% of those. :(

CWright said:
You mean that Evo aint set as your Homepage JB? I am shocked
IE's homepage is the compatibility list, Firefox's homepage is Evo. \\:o/

Are there any retail shops that sell XBOX 360 games for £40? I'm fed up of buying from Gameplay.co.uk to get a tenner off, and I wanna play Burnout todaaaaaay. :( Aren't there any high-street shops like HMV who sell them for £40 or something?

Best bet mate is to just shop around thats what I did when I picked up NFS:MW and PGR3

DJ

Supermarkets might be your best bet, they usually do stuff cheaper than your GAME or similar

Jack Bauer said:
IE's homepage is the compatibility list, Firefox's homepage is Evo. \\:o/

Are there any retail shops that sell XBOX 360 games for £40? I'm fed up of buying from Gameplay.co.uk to get a tenner off, and I wanna play Burnout todaaaaaay. :( Aren't there any high-street shops like HMV who sell them for £40 or something?

TESCO

For some reason Asda have put there's up but im sure they do a price promise thingy, Anyone heard anything about a Battlefield demo coming out this weekend?

That's it with PGR, no more. Just went on there today and played ten online races, EVERY SINGLE ONE they were just bashing you all over the place. In the last three races there was one guy in particular ("Demon Si") who got spinned and started threatening people, "you fucking prick in the yellow Ferrari", and then spinning every other fucking car in the race!! "I'm coming for you now pal, you're dead"... Sorry but games are supposed to be fun. Everyone with a 360 seems to be a complete wanker.

Swapping it for Burnout on Monday.

Did you need to double post Jack? you put this in the PGR3 thread as well mate.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom