Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

djdavedoc said:
Dead Man? so why have codejunkies released it???!!!!

DJ

Lik-Sang tested a Halo 2 file and it didnt work apparently!

Its to hold files that you dont need on the 360 like pic and stuff to save space.

I could be wrong but lik-sang did test the file.

Dude in the past you have been able to transfer saves with the original box :) we could share them remember? in the good old days of the original box? im pretty certain that similar functionability will be in this too. The emulated part of the hard drive which stores all the xbox 1 saves should do it the exact same way as the original xbox did so there shouldnt be a Key issue like there was in the past.

DJ

Also man save space? lol you have like 13 GB of space available to you when you first get the hard drive, save games dont take up much space its just the downloaded demos you get off of the live market place that do it :)

DJ

You might be right about the archiving bit :( that sucks!

DJ

its just someone needs to acsess the hard-drive that has all the data from games to saves hope it works in there new auto update or something

djdavedoc said:
Dude in the past you have been able to transfer saves with the original box :) we could share them remember? in the good old days of the original box? im pretty certain that similar functionability will be in this too. The emulated part of the hard drive which stores all the xbox 1 saves should do it the exact same way as the original xbox did so there shouldnt be a Key issue like there was in the past.

DJ

PS: For those of you who are asking themselves, we tried copying Xbox1 saves from Halo 2 to a 360 Memory Card but so far we failed in loading these files back while playing the Bungie hit on the nextgen console from Microsoft. Without playing around with the filename, the file structure and the code, it just didn't work out. That doesn't mean some zealous coders in the wild won't figure it out later on...

From Lik-Sang!

CWright said:
What does everyone think of me putting a list of the downloadable Arcade games and a list of currently available games with a 1 word review in the 1st Post.

A good idea or a huge waste of time?

Seeing as NOBODY else bothered to reply, I thought it would be rude not to.

It is a good idea, I presume that the list is readily available anyway so it should be easy to tweak. Be good to see how much is costs as well as the mini review.

whoops I missed that...yeah, one reviews would be good. But the thread is so long, I don't think people will view the first page anyway. Maybe a separate thread for peeps to write up their one word reviews as well?

rockykabir said:
whoops I missed that...yeah, one reviews would be good. But the thread is so long, I don't think people will view the first page anyway. Maybe a separate thread for peeps to write up their one word reviews as well?

I think a new thread was the original intention.

I`ll get on it by the end of the week

First Halo 3 artwork :

gdc-06-peter-moore-talks-halo-e3-and-ps3-20060321070423298.jpg

For a game 'they werent meant to be making atm' that looks very decent, tho I aint sure about the darker overtones of the background, you wouldnt need this and Gears of War tramping on each others toes.

Isn't that a picture that they used for Halo 2 when that was in the making? Or is it the same picture for a reason, to show how far the graphics have come?

I can't remember what the original looked like

Noted said:
Anyone played the Burnout demo yet? Whats it like?
Absolutely fucking brilliant. Wasn't going to get it, got it for the PS2, but the graphics really get you going. That's another £40 I've got to shell out, plus £40 for Far Cry. :(

So true Jack, I got the game the other day and the sense of speed coupled with the graphics make for some serious serious fun

But isn't it just exactly the same as the Xbox version. I played that already and wasn't very impressed. Gets boring.

It's the same game, just better graphics. Never been a graphics whore either, but this game is something else.

That isn't a concept picture from Halo 3. I believe that is fan art of what Halo 3 could be. The next Bungie game hasn't even be announced so I wouldn't believe anything unless Bungie officially announce something.

Jack Bauer said:
It's the same game, just better graphics. Never been a graphics whore either, but this game is something else.
I feel the EXACT same way. I've never really been a graphic whore my entire life but this game changed that.
I've already got this game on the PS2 but the whole feel of the X360 one is so much better now. The speed seems faster, more exciting, more crazy and you just know its gonna brilliant to play on Live.

I must the only person not impressed with Burnout Revenge 360, I sat there playing the demo thinking 'the fucking cheek of EA to release this and look 50 sheets for it, its the bloody XB game I bought last year!!!!'

Maybe it's cause I have only played it on my SDTV, but really it went straight of my list of games 'I might get'. I wouldnt pay anymore than 20 for it, and really EA should of done that, release the game about 25-30 sheets would of been plenty for a slightly updated game in a graphical capacity.

The game is another world to the vids though, really (not on SD admittedly but this game is EVERYTHING I have HDTV for - beats PGR3 and everything else). The sense of speed is incredible. I'm a Gran Turismo man, always have been, boring to you lot but I'm a simu-gamer through and through. But with this game, the sense of speed is absolutely fantastic (even if you have to have the reactions of a kung-fu master to boost without hitting anything).

I'd probably find the single-player boring after completing the PS2 version, but with mates and on Live...

*Gets Call of Duty 2 ready for exchanging*

Tried the BO demo, my thoughts are the same as Carl's and I didn't even get Revenge for the older consoles. Saw it run in HD today and it doesn't look particularly superior to SD. It is fast as hell and looks good, but that was the case with Burnout 3, we're over a year down the line, so they don't get away with that anymore IMO. Great game, but it's just more of the same. I didn't buy it for Xbox because of that reason, so fifty quid is just taking the piss!

btw, I went into GAME today, they want £44ish for all thier pre-owned 360 games! WTF?

Shop round the corner is selling Elder Scrolls early for £48, GAME won't sell till Friday and will charge £50. :eh: :roll:

I love Burnout. The graphics are, as everyone says, incredible. The Live play is fantastic, this whole new rival feature they're got going is quality. So glad I bought it.

Definately worth £40 IMO

The 50 quid Oblivion in Game is the Collectors Edition I think Classic, and Game is the only place where you can get it I think. As for the pre-owned being so expensive, they always will be at the start of a consoles life, they just drop the price by a fiver at the start, it's when they start to get a build up of games that they start dropping the prices, but the givng you 30 quid tops and then putting the game on sale at 45 sheets is bang out of order.

I'll defo be leaving Burnout I reckon, as your all saying, it's fast and great looking, so was the XB version. I'll give the demo another go, but I'm doubting I will pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom