Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

rockykabir said:
Anyone see this?:
xbox3607ha.jpg
The 360 is being sold for £97 in Japan with the games being £15(!) :shock:

BTW no need to panic if you think that the 360 is being discontinued in Japan....this ad extract was actually taken away from a standard promotional giveaway with mobiles. Basically sign up to a contract, and get a discount on a 360 ;)

Was downloading it last night but had to stop it, it was takin ages and I was really tired!

DJ

@rockykabir them japs hate the 360 dont they! they have even made the advert look crap!

DJ

Info taken from MajorNelson.com

Xbox 360 Back Compat Update
Posted: March 29, 2006 @ 5:06 pm (11 hours, 14 minutes ago) By: Major Nelson
A new backward compatibility update is now available for the Xbox 360. You can see the complete updated list here.

New games:

BLACK™
Star Wars Battlefront™ II
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

Updated games:

Darkwatch™
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
Half-Life® 2
Fable®
Fable®: The Lost Chapters™
Forza Motorsport™
Ninja Gaiden®
Ninja Gaiden® Black
SSX 3
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory™
kill.switch
World Series Baseball® 2K3

Edit: Reminder: You need to play an original Xbox game on your Xbox 360 while connected to Xbox Live in order to get the update.

Forza was compatible before this update mate... Im confused.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Forza was compatible before this update mate... Im confused.

DJ

Doesn't take much does it ;)

As you can see, Forza is in the Updated section. Which means the backwards compat software has been updated for that game.

lol @ LemonJelly fair enough. Hopefully they will sort out the diabolical frame rate then!

DJ

only1tevez said:
me as well,graphics look good just the xboix 360 version of virtua tennis which was amazing.

VT3 has only been confirmed for the arcade and only arcade screens have been shown.

It's rumoured to be coming to PS3 but VT3 has nothing to do with 360 so far.

I thought that as well NickSCFC, I found it odd when tevez said VT was coming out on 360. Ive only heard PS3 in terms of console release which is rather annoying.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
I thought that as well NickSCFC, I found it odd when tevez said VT was coming out on 360. Ive only heard PS3 in terms of console release which is rather annoying.

DJ
I think its because of the new SEGA arcade boards, which are using an nvidia GPU, so porting to the PS3 will be very esay.

Yep they will have to do a lot of re-writing so that it would work on the Custom ATI Chip inside the 360.

DJ

Its the same with VF4 being a PS3 exclusive it may be the same with all new Sega arcade games

Played the BF demo.... must say I really enjoy it. The graphics look nicer than the PC version (also because my PC aint that great), and the controls are really easy. Theres alot going on in the big maps, with noise coming from all directions. The helicopters are fucking great! Too bad I flew into a building on my first go.

i was saying i hope it will be like virtua tennis,just played it to,nice graphics and easy controls but not as good as g.r.a.w.

Ok Datel 4GB Hard Drive = Rip Off!! You can only use it for Music or Pictures you cannot use it for save games or any other things! whats the point?

DJ

Its the same as any other memory key or mp3 player.

Only1tevez - I think BF has a better multiplayer mode than GRAW, but the other way round for single player. The fact that GRAW reduces the graphics and makes the game faster on multiplayer reduces some of the realism IMO.

Still think its a bit of a rip off and some people will buy it thinking it will replace the official Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

Anyway will try out the BF2 demo in about an hours time when I eventually get home from work.

DJ

I was really enjoying BF2 last night but i came to realise that i really don't like Americans there voices go right through me. Sorry to anyone offended by that.

Lol dude just turn off your volume on your headset :) if its in game voice overs then turn down your TV.

DJ

Excellent! my mate (who is a big fan of smackdown) will love this and will get a 360 now!

DJ

smackdown for 360 :) . one reason less to buy PS3. now they need to make some good rally game for 360 like WRC. i hope we see games with that new crytek engine on 360!

:) APX the problem is WRC is developed by a Sony In House Team is it not? I tell you what a decent rally game on 360 would be immense! Imagine the graphics of PGR combined with the Realism of WRC Extreme!

DJ

Just to add since the Live Backward Compatibility Update yesterday Forza Motorsport is screwed! I did the Impreza Vs Lancer Challenge in my done up Impreza and the sounds were all messed up! horrible whistles whilst I was revving the engine at the startline. Continuos tyre screeching even after I had been off the start line for a good 10 seconds! 20 seconds after sliding off the track I could still hear the skidding sound effect and the effect of me bouncing across the grass..... Wat the fuck?

DJ

Tell you what'd be great on 360 - Forza @ 60fps, or using whatever technique PGR3 uses as that's not 60fps but feels like it is.

Unlikely to happen ClassicD but I feel your pain.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
:) APX the problem is WRC is developed by a Sony In House Team is it not? I tell you what a decent rally game on 360 would be immense! Imagine the graphics of PGR combined with the Realism of WRC Extreme!

DJ

oh it is :lol: damn :( . no hope for that then. good damage modelling would be great to have in these next gen car games i suppose. something like this :
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/img_3323092.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/img_3323091.html

Back
Top Bottom