Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Yeah now that would be good and the 360 is more than capable of that.... A Rally Masters 360 version please MS Gaming Studios :)

DJ

Halo 3 rumoured to be set for Spring 2007, so expect almost a year from now folks.

ripkord said:
anyone played pes5 (xbox) on the 360 on a HDTV? whats it like?
Not bad. Better than PS2, not quite as good as PC. At the end of the day the PES graphics always look more Disney than Sky Sports to me anyway, so it doesn't make too much of a difference to me (especially seeing as you can't have patched kits, stadia etc).

Forza wont even work with my VGA monitor plugged in... Annoying or what?

DJ

A tip DJ Dave - it will. Put your resolution in the 360 config menu to 640x480.

I've got a minor (actually big) annoyance with the 360 joypad...the damn clicky LB and RB buttons!

I tried playing PES with it today (for the first time) and it was annoying the hell outta me - and it's really stiff :(

I haven't really found it particularly annoying with the other games - just PES where it is used a lot...

or is it just me? :(

I totally agree there mate.

Loads of my mates have re-bought a ps2 to play PES/WE. They obviously traded it in when getting the 360, but the annoyance of those buttons aswell as the dodgy d-pad ruins the game for us.

Winning Eleven XBox 360 - Presentation 6 April

2006330122116242.jpg

Thread : http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30288

TG, does that also mean VF and Afterburner are coming or being 'shown' on the 360 on this date?

Microsoft's Xbox wing in Japan today invited many media outlets, including SPOnG, to a major briefing dated for April 6th next week, with those close to proceedings hinting that some major announcements are planned. Indeed, those close to planning have openly mooted Phantasy Star Universe from Sega and a new Tales of title from Namco will headline the event.

Microsoft has suffered terribly in the Japanese market, with consumers again rejecting Microsoft's courtship dance, seeing its revised offering go unsold. The situation has been compounded by the fact that the Xbox 360 was in part designed to appeal to a consumer base renowned as being the most discerning on the planet. Indeed, Microsoft openly touted its refreshed credibility in the Japanese market prior to launching its hardware and in fairness it had covered every base except the inherent xenophobia of its target market.

As to what else Microsoft may show is up in the air, though a new Square Enix exclusive has been mentioned in some circles, as have various Sega arcade conversions including Virtua Fighter and Afterburner. Other titles mooted include Konami's Winning Eleven as well as various Xbox Live Arcade titles...

Whatever happens, it's going to be big, and attractive to our Japanese gaming friends. As to whether they'll buy an Xbox 360 to play what is offered is anyone's guess.

http://spong.com/article/9831/Major...ext+Week/?d=200603290801&cb=705&cb=705&cb=705

Ive got a dodgy wired pad and the Dpad feels odd when you press down on it, it doesnt seem to feel right, where as on my other wired pad and on my wireless pad it feels fine, I think we have a few joypads that havent quite been put together properley.

DJ

Anyone getting FM2006 when it comes out? I have it on PC, but am buying it mainly for the online play. The online features for the PC version are notoriously hard to get going successfuly, something which I've never been able to do and have been gutted about.

16 player online leagues for the 360 sounds like a wet dream. Buying and selling players from REAL PEOPLE will be excellent.

Anyway, if we had enough players I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting an Evo-Web league of some sort? Just throwing the idea out there

I cant stand manager games without a mouse. IMO, if you cant use a USB mouse, its not worth it.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Anyone getting FM2006 when it comes out? I have it on PC, but am buying it mainly for the online play. The online features for the PC version are notoriously hard to get going successfuly, something which I've never been able to do and have been gutted about.

16 player online leagues for the 360 sounds like a wet dream. Buying and selling players from REAL PEOPLE will be excellent.

Anyway, if we had enough players I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting an Evo-Web league of some sort? Just throwing the idea out there

How will we get skins, updates, face packs etc? I find online on the PC very easy and fast!

cool :) anyways got a new tv to drive my 360 into high def on a bigger screen rather than just a small monitor :) Here is my LG 42" plasma with PGR3 in High Def :)

djdavedoctvnew.jpg

DJ :)

Milanista said:
How will we get skins, updates, face packs etc? I find online on the PC very easy and fast!
Yeah DLC I assume. And alot of people play it hassle free online on the PC, bu t from my experience it is one of the hardest online PC games to get going with a mate. According to posts on the SI Games forum, certain things need to be changed in your router settings for hassle free play, such as opening ports etc. This is just not good enough IMO.

A game series such as CM / FM at this stage, should feature 'click and play' (rather than opening some ports, entering your friends IP etc) online play, like things such as official online leagues, lobbies, chat rooms etc. It would add so much I think.

I'm hoping the XB360 version will have this, or at least a glimpse. Either way is good for me

ThomasGOAL said:
Winning Eleven XBox 360 - Presentation 6 April

2006330122116242.jpg

Thread : http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30288

Thanks so much for that news Thomas!

To all the people who call me stupid when I said the 360 would get a WE version very soon can now kiss my ass ;)

Im so happy about this. The games announced will definatly improve popularity in Japan, especially with the re-launch.

This re-launch thing sounds bad, but I think Microsoft are being very bold by doing something like that. I personally think they should only do it bundled with a hd-dvd player add-on thingie though.

I never said that WE was being released soon.... :) I said about November time which Seabass confirmed :)

DJ

Doubtful mate, I dont know too many 360 titles that are region free :( and yet all PS3 titles will be

DJ

There are about 6 titles that are region free on the XB360, the console itself is region free, its' the game developers who decide to make a game region free or not. It's all in the code on the disc, most seem to put it in. The PS3 has been rumoured to be region free, which may be true, but the games Developers could still put a code on the disc to restrict it to the region it's launched in.

Think about it, many retailers probably ask for region specific games, otherwise the games retail industry would hit meltdown, I mean games in different regions often sell for different prices, now this may often be down to exchange rates and taxes, but more often than not it'll be down to retailers, often offering discounts in say different regions. WE would probably retail cheaper in the states as it may not sell as many copies, thus stores discount it to sell, whereas over here they know they have a market for PES and thus keep the price nearer the top end of the market.

Knew that mate :) but thanks for clarification.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom