Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Well ill get hold of my GR:AW from my local gamestation this lunch time :)

DJ

Looks my XBox 360 has packed in. I honestly believe through reading about it being quite a common problem that most peoples will pack in within about a year. This would not suprise me in the slightest

Anyway, I took an extended warrenty out with Comet (where I bought it from) so stock permitting, I should be able to just walk in and get a replacement, rather than waiting a week to send it back to M$

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Looks my XBox 360 has packed in. I honestly believe through reading about it being quite a common problem that most peoples will pack in within about a year. This would not suprise me in the slightest

Anyway, I took an extended warrenty out with Comet (where I bought it from) so stock permitting, I should be able to just walk in and get a replacement, rather than waiting a week to send it back to M$

Thats a bit of a shitter mate, hope you manage to get a replacement asap

GR:AW crashed - the screen went all blocky and the game stopped - turned off the 360 and had the 3 red lights. Haven't had them again, but any game I try and play crashes quite quickly

Oh dear... sounds like the issues the American's had when they first got theirs!

DJ

Its pretty much like FN2 but with lifelike graphics and a few added touches, mostly been playing GRAW though so havent got deep into FN3 yet.

I have to say I was really surprised when Game gave me £30 for Fifa360 against FN3, I had the game 3 months and bought it preowned for £35!! sweet :)

Sounds pants about yer 360 packing in. UK law means that you should be able to take it back to the shop for up to a year or so anyway.

Talking of buying, payday on Friday and I can't find a premium pack anywhere :(

All of a sudden Argos sell out. Does anyone know anywhere in London where I can pick one up?

I am sure there is more than the one shop in London mate ;)

The Original Spikester said:
Talking of buying, payday on Friday and I can't find a premium pack anywhere :(

All of a sudden Argos sell out. Does anyone know anywhere in London where I can pick one up?

I know you said anywhere in London, but this is the site I used to find my premium. It's updated daily and it works a treat...check it out cos it's just as easy to order online :)

XBOX 360 Locator

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
GR:AW crashed - the screen went all blocky and the game stopped - turned off the 360 and had the 3 red lights. Haven't had them again, but any game I try and play crashes quite quickly

Exactly the same here. Strange thing is, in the last week there has been an epedemic of these crashes it could be some kind of failure due to these updates they keep sending out. No red lights, just a matrix effect on the screen and it freezes.

yo guys could do with some help just got a vga cable to plug my 360 to my pc mon. but all i get is a black screen

any advice

thanks !!!

yep it all plugs in fine male to male. when i press the buttons on the mointor i get text saying press any key or move mouse. so just dont get it. it should be easy from what i have heard

thanks for geting back mate

How big is your monitor and what resolution does it support? Could the 360 be pumping out more resolution than what your monitor can handle?

well right now the screen res is set to 1024 by 768p but it can go up to 1280 by 1024p and its a 17in plasma

oh and not widescreen

Look what arrived today:

dsc00097816x6128wn.jpg

Shame I can't play it though, as my XBox 360 was taken by UPS yesterday on its travels to M$.

*sulks*

Stock is appearing all over the place at last! for those of us who dont have 360's. Im on the look out for one for my mate who now decides he wants one after playing FN Round 3 and GRAW on my 360 the other night :)

DJ

Flawless's problem became a common issue in the States where a select few 360's did the same as his and MS basically sent out a replacement unit for any 360's that went that way.

Every now and then I get the old 1 red segment lit on the Ring Of Light and the error Code 74 but its not happening as often as it did.... hmmmmm?

DJ

Its a pretty common problem everywhere mate. I post on the official Xbox UK forums and a large number of people there have had replacements. Obviously, you only hear about that, and not the people that have had no problems.

But XBox 360s are dying on people left right and centre. Like most, I thought that if mine survived a good two months I'd be safe, but this is not the case. If you got a 360 in the first month of its releasal, I'd be willing to bet good money on it dying within a year. Just my judgement though

Mine launch console died yesterday but good old game just exchanged it today for me.

hmmm ive read it seems to be linked with some Live update and GRAW.... Id better not play it online for a while then until a fix comes out...

DJ

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
But XBox 360s are dying on people left right and centre. Like most, I thought that if mine survived a good two months I'd be safe, but this is not the case. If you got a 360 in the first month of its releasal, I'd be willing to bet good money on it dying within a year. Just my judgement though

If mine breaks now I am holding you personally responsible

Back
Top Bottom