Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

djdavedoc said:
Come on PES6 WE10!!! :) cant wait to see the 360 version I hope Konami release some concrete proper info soon.

DJ

I think im gonna wait for PES6 before i buy a 360

Well I spose its a good idea if your a hardcore fan of PES and you cant wait for PS3 (whenever that thing makes its appearance) but Gotham 3 and Fight Night (when it comes out) will do me till then :)

DJ

wonder if anyone can help me, ive got a 23 inch hd ready philips lcd and a x box 360
my tv hasnt got the composite inputs for the hd lead supplyed with the x bo0x,its got a dvi connection
i bought a vga cable ,but the connection was too small to fit in the tv , so i bought a dvi to vga connecter but im still having problems.
all i can get is a very shaky green picture in hd mode and then the scvreen goes off, anyone able to help

When you switch the 360 on, occasionally the window on the right says "Take part in the Developer Showdown on PGR3 to win a place in the PGR 100." How the hell do you take part in the Developer Showdown?? I can't find anything saying "Developer Showdown" in PGR3 anywhere...

Webcam xbox

camera.jpg

source : http://www.xboxic.com/news/247

MICROSOFT PUTS 360 CAMERA IN THE FRAME

It's laying down the gauntlet to EyeToy with 'Gesture Gaming' - and it does other stuff too, like taking pictures

16:26 Xbox 360's camera has proved an elusive peripheral beast, but after missing launch it recently re-emerged at Microsoft's Xfest event in London to reveal a snapshot of its wares to attendees. So, having previously been tugging on beards while pondering exactly what the company might be planning for the device, we're now poring over an article that's appeared on Xbox.com that gets the full Xbox Live Camera briefing from Microsoft's man-in-the-know, Kumar Banerjee.
Xbox.com's article is broken down into a number of sections that look at the key functions of the Xbox Live Camera, from our point of view the most interesting of these being 'Gesture Gaming'.

However, details have also been given on in-camera video processing, how the camera is capable of capturing 30 frames per second, its ability to take still images, video chat (the camera comes with a microphone that plugs into a controller and allows for group chat) and its ability to function in low light levels.
'Gesture Gaming' sounds very much like what we've seen from the capabilities of Sony's EyeToy, and although it seems more a feature quietly bubbling away in the background at this stage Banerjee reckons that "It will open the door for the future of gesture gaming". It's all pretty obvious stuff really, but in a nutshell it means that players will be able to use motion as a control device in games, with the camera also potentially directly intertwined with gameplay. Here's the example given: ordering a squad of soldiers with hand movements as opposed to voice commands to avoid alerting nearby enemies.

Further insight into what to expect from the Xbox Live Camera in games-playing terms was offered by Epic Games' vice president Mark Rein when we cornered him for a chat the other day. He was one of attendees at Xfest and told us about how he saw "an impressive demo of Microsoft's camera for Xbox 360 and there was a game playing with two players, and even while this guy was driving he could see a video of his buddy he was playing against superimposed on the screen."

Rein highlighted this as an example of the ways "we'll get more people interested in gaming".

All being well, when developer's grab hold of Xbox Live Camera they'll be hit by flashes of gameplay inspiration and won't shutter it away in a cupboard. And we'll stop with the bad puns now...

LIVE MARKETPLACE READY TO DON THE OUTFIT

Relic's Xbox 360 WWII blaster to be unleashed in multiplayer demo next month - start packing up your kit bag

14:51 Xbox 360 owners connected up to the Live Marketplace will soon be able to dabble with WWII action title The Outfit. A multiplayer demo is set to materialise on the service on March 3.
The Outfit publisher THQ has revealed that the multiplayer demo will support up to eight players in online battles, or two players in one-on-one, split-screen combat. Weighing in at around 500Mb, the demo lets you fly the flag for either Allied or Axis powers and choose between three playable squad leaders - per side - each of which boasts their own skills and abilities. Obviously, the idea is that you work as a team to completely obliterate the opposition.

A single level, Estate Assault will feature, and, setting the scene for the map, THQ says that, following a co-ordinated offensive, "Allied Command has commandeered a French villa just across the river from the Axis HQ." The level will be playable in Strategic Victory mode, in which you're tasked with not only destroying the enemy's base but also securing specific areas in the level, with Field Units your reward for successfully capturing locations.
Field Units form part of The Outfit's Destruction on Demand feature, which enables players to call in reinforcements ranging from troops, tanks, guns and heavy artillery to air-strikes at any time to instantly increase their firepower.

cool info i may get the xbox webcam depends on the price,the outfit looks good hope its free to download the demo thanks

Please Konami EA and other games where you can change faces allow us to use that camera to put ourselves plus mates in the game!!! please :):)

DJ

I remember they where gonna do that with the first perfect dark but they had to scrap it because of the shootings at Columbine, i think they thought we would all go round shooting each other for real. I was tempted.

They even scrapped an Xbox 360 Advert as it showed people pretending to shoot each other.. it was actually quite a funny advert as there was this guy in a taxi on his mobile phone, someone locks onto him and shoots him and he tells them to wait a second, finished his mobile call then pretends to fall down dead.

DJ

I dare say the camera might be used in sports games maybe, but not in shooters, I really dont think anyone would want to be taken to court over some nutter going mad and killing people, then police finding they had like Gears of War with all the people he shot pasted on the game charcters.

That was mainly the reason it was taken out of Perfect Dark, not so much you in the game, but say people you didnt like and you had pics of, they would of claimed how the game had 'trained' the person to kill and use a sniper scope, nevermind HOW THE FUCK THEY ACTUALLY GOT REAL GUNS!!!!!!!! No, it was defo the video games that made them a killer.

Imagine a footy game that uses it like fanzone on Sky Sports. That would be the coolest thing ever.

djdavedoc said:
Please Konami EA and other games where you can change faces allow us to use that camera to put ourselves plus mates in the game!!! please :):)

DJ
This is Football/World Tour Soccer on the PS2 let you do this with the eyetoy, if you could bear with playing that horrible football game though.:shock:

I know deftones.. I had TIF2005 and that was ace! :) having me and my mates playing for United and it looked so like us it was untrue :)

edit: shame the gameplay wasnt up to scratch.

DJ

Well ordered my 360 cos ghost recon should be out soon :) Should be here tuesday....£355 for a premium, pgr3 and a extra wireless pad. But now I need a hdtv...been looking at the Panasonic TH-42PV500, heard good things about it. Just wondered if anyone else has one and what they think of it.

Am I the only person who hasnt noticed a great deal of difference between HDTV and Standard? my mates got a 26" LCD HD TV and ive got a 42" Rear Projection Standard Def and I dont see very much difference.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Am I the only person who hasnt noticed a great deal of difference between HDTV and Standard? my mates got a 26" LCD HD TV and ive got a 42" Rear Projection Standard Def and I dont see very much difference.

DJ

Yup, you are ;)

this is what im gunna get,got standerd in my room its looks good on that so bigger and better would look mint thanks, i know this is a blonde question but what is dif from lctv and hdtv and which one is better

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
This is the HDTV I'm currently using. £50 knocked off at the moment in a special offer on eBuyer!
Is it good? I just got my HDTV (42") but for another room I want to buy another TV. And was looking for a cheap HDTV, do you get ghosting etc with this set, and how does it play DVD's etc.
EDIT: Just checked the specs, that TV doesnt look HD Ready, it doesnt mention whether the DVI has HDCP. But it can still display HD material.

BTW, anyone who's going to buy a budget 26", look for the Samsung 26" R41 model, its going very cheap everywere and its a very good set.

Last edited:

ashmufc said:
BTW, anyone who's going to buy a budget 26", look for the Samsung 26" R41 model, its going very cheap everywere and its a very good set.
Thats the one I'm considering for my bedroom. I saw it in a shop and it looks pretty nice too.

djdavedoc said:

DJ
yoru nuts, and you probably arent comparing HD broadcasts to a SD broadcast, in no possible way is there not much difference..

csaunders said:
yoru nuts, and you probably arent comparing HD broadcasts to a SD broadcast, in no possible way is there not much difference..
In that case its true but for games there isnt much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom