Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Jack Bauer said:
Went and got FIFA RTFWC and Forza - pleased with the former (get in the queue to rape me; my father, brother-in-law and nephew have disowned me). Even just to watch it... The graphics are better than real life. Incredible.
FIFA may be getting swapped for Call of Duty 2 tomorrow, heh. I would have kept it without a doubt, but your fellow players are like scarecrows. They stay wherever their formation puts them, so if you want to counter attack... You're stuffed. There's not enough control, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it until I realised that on the first two difficulty levels you win 3-0, and on the difficulty levels after that you lose 3-0 because of their idiocy.

PES5 is arriving tomorrow, £20 off eBay which wasn't too bad. :)

yeah i borrowed it off me mate,played it on his xbox then on my xbox 360 its alot better on the xbox 360 crsiper graphics,but i think it looks better on the xb 360 ive played the pc version i think the graphics are worse

just some gaming news here...

Ive been bored lately so I decided to check out the offcical 360 magazine website. After reading the first few issues of the actual mag I couldnt read no more. The sort of BS they write is infuriating. Worse than a fan boy on a sony/microsfot board.

But anyway I checked it out and it actually stays more respectful in my eyes.

What interested me the most though was a blog from a reporter in Japan.

the whole post can be found here :

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/hardware/xbox_out_east_week_20

the most intersting parts for me though are:

oxm360 said:
Konami admitted that it has been working mostly on titles that will appeal to the West. Beginning with Rumble Roses XX next month, however, it plans to release more and more 360 games that will find a home with Japanese gamers. According to Konami Japan, new Winning Eleven (aka Pro Evo) and Powerful Pro Baseball releases will follow soon after Rumble Roses.

and this second quote

oxm360 said:
Sega, another of Japan's major players, said it would consider bringing Virtua Fighter to the 360 and confirmed that it has plans to revisit some of its other famous franchises with new developments this year. And even more interestingly, Namco revealed that it would soon announce a new RPG that could become the Xbox 360's flagship RPG series. Considering the great successes of Namco's recent PS2 RPG outings, this could turn out to be a godsend for the 360.

The first quote has some great new about Winning Eleven, saying it should release very quickly after Rumble Roses, which comes out in March :)

The second quote is also very promising. Games like Virtua Fighter have been spoken about only on Sonys format recently, but Sega's willingness to go multiformat with this title is promising :)

Sorry for the long post ;)

I've never had the old xbox so I was naturally gonna hate it. But anyone who did have one will find improvements in every area really.

I too have to go with the PES5 looking sharper on the XB360 than the XB, but I've not tried it on a HD set or monitor yet.

As for the Sega/Namco etc developing for the 360, it is Good news, but whether they convert titles to multi-format could depend on if Sony buy exclusivity rights. I can imagine them all saying this at a time, in order to try and force Sony's hand maybe, but in the end claiming a lack of user base in Japan and not doing it. They are probably bargaining with Sony and MS right now about what they get. I'm not saying it'll not happen, but I could also see maybe other codeshops doing the conversion too. Here's hoping they do, though Namco are bound to be highly miffed that Perfect Dark Zero outsold RR6 at the 360 launch in Japan.

PES5 Emulated on Xbox 360 having better graphics than the PC version with a decent graphics card at high res with full textures switched on (which my machine can handle?) I find that very hard to believe.

DJ

Ahhhh what to do

BTW is there anywhere cheaper than £275 for the Premium Pack?

and why are people buying them on ebay for £320+????????

MrCoopz said:
Ahhhh what to do

BTW is there anywhere cheaper than £275 for the Premium Pack?

and why are people buying them on ebay for £320+????????

270 is the retail, but who knows where has them in stock at that price, 275 sounds dead on Coopz really.

As for why are people paying over 320 on ebay............ cause there stupid mate, plus alot of people are lazy and cant be arsed hunting them down, but mainly cause they're stupid.

Ah i see Cheers

all u need is trusty price search site that does all the work for you :)

Now Holio i know your a proper gaming man, so should i buy a 360 and PES5?

all i have atm is a PS2 which all i use for is PES5 which doesnt look to good either

On the subject of PES6/WE10 or whatever they call it if they can make it as good graphically as them intro Videos for the PES's past and present then my god we are in for a treat!! I just watched that 10th Anniversary WE video and thought blimey! they could probably run the game looking that good on the 360! woahhh!

DJ

No mention of the Halo triple-pack on the XBOX-compatibility list.

Anybody know if the Halo triple-pack will work on a 360?

Arent they on individual DVD Rom Discs? if so they should work as normal as both Halo and Halo 2 are compatible.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Arent they on individual DVD Rom Discs? if so they should work as normal as both Halo and Halo 2 are compatible.

DJ
If the games had NO changes at all then you're probably right.

Jack Bauer said:
No mention of the Halo triple-pack on the XBOX-compatibility list.

Anybody know if the Halo triple-pack will work on a 360?

The Halo triple pack is the exact same games as the individual retail versions, the only difference is they have a cardboard sleave to keep them in. They will work on the 360.

The Halo Triple Pack is three separate discs, and as far as I know, the HDD already came with the Halo emulation on them. The third disc is a just a disc of maps anyhow. And if you check that list there are all on it.

me ;) said:
Halo®
Halo® 2
Halo® 2 Multiplayer Map Pack

Mr Coopz, if your thinking of buying a 360 just for the soul purpose of playing PES5, I wouldnt bother, if it's cause you want to play PGR3 or FNR3 etc I would say go ahead. I aint tried PES5 on a HDTV or a monitor yet, but I do know that on a HDTV, PES5 aint widescreen and is set at a 4:3 ratio with borders.

Ask Jonboyo (Sheff Wed fan) or JayD78, I see them on PES5 alot on my friends list; what they really think of the game on the 360. Also Flawl3ss has tried it on his glorious HDTV. Maybe even ClassicD has tried it out. They would all be better placed to answer your questions about PES5 running on the 360

It's a fantastic piece of kit Coopz, the whole Live system is pretty damn awesome. The chatting away to your mates while your both playing different games is great, now that is playing Live Arcade games or 360 games not XB emulation stuff. I dig it, so does LemonJelly and Wrighty, I think Jack Bauer is getting to grips with it, but he's always having stressful days, so who knows how he lets of steam. ;)

The only thing that pisses me off about PES5 on the 360 is it won't save my damn sound levels. I turn the god awful music off and it never saves it, even if I force it to save the option file. It is really annoying as every other setting gets saved, including turning off the commentary.

It is like that on the regular Xbox too AFAIK, I don't know why it's like that.

I like to play audio on my PS2 while playing PES on my Xbox, having to change the settings everytime wastes a good 20 seconds of my life I could be using to play the game. :p

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We thought you would like to know that the following item has been posted:

Your order #202-7104595-3079854 (received 07-February-2006)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Xbox 360 hard drive (20 GB) £69.99 1 £69.99

Woohoo :)

Welcome to the full 360 Experience.................

See if you had ordered one when I TOLD you to, you would have had one by now (maybe). :D

Nice one mate, I am pleased for ya.

I got my HDD a month ago off of Amazon USA :)

Anyway ive tried playing Ghost Recon 2 SS on my 360 and it takes forever and a day to load up.Also Forza FPS is unacceptable and choppy.

DJ

Ill have to get myself a HDD like, does it just allow downloading of trailers and what not or has it other magical powers?

Do you need GOLD for the marketplace or anything like that as ive just got the normal card i got off ebay

super mick mcarthy said:
Ill have to get myself a HDD like, does it just allow downloading of trailers and what not or has it other magical powers?

Do you need GOLD for the marketplace or anything like that as ive just got the normal card i got off ebay
well if you got the hdd u can download trallers but not games course i think u need gold for that

It's pointless owning a 360 without the harddrive in my opinion - it was the advanced package for me or nothing.

I owned a 360 for a good few weeks before I got a HDD and its better to have it than not. Especially as you can download Demo's and play them :) wouldnt have got to see how good FN3 was :)

DJ

Any one heard anymore news about EA $ports FIFA World Cup 06 which is meant to be out in April on all platforms?

Im obviously interested in seeing what the 360 version will turn out.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom